Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th April 2010, 15:23   #31
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPIKE ARRESTOR View Post
Even if you can't bring it to Mumbai, get it shifted to your native place or let it remain in Chennai. You have enough Jeepers there who will take good care of it.
Spike
You'll also be able to track your Jeep's condition / status through the OTR reports.

Old 15th April 2010, 16:13   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtreme power View Post
regarding the wife,
malad i think would be most suitable for her seeing her profession, or else lower parel but thats far fromwhere you plan to reside,
malad does have alot of it companies,

and another point,
stay in kandivali east itself, lots of places out there, ill show you around once your down,
and you know what, i can pull some strings to get you covered parking in your workplace itself, let me see.
just get your a** down soon, all shall be sorted
Parking my *** very soon and will bug you! Allan you have been very confidence inspiring! Pull what ever and get me a covered parking, my biggest worry till now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsferrari View Post
Vinod - don't sweat it man. IT is spread out all over the place. Andheri, Mahape, Vashi, Thane...hard to pin it down. Andheri / Malad / Goregaon are also good places to stay.

Best places for you would be Borivali, Kandivali, Malad and worst case - Goregaon. You should be able to find some really nice places in Malad.

Good luck at M&M. They are very good customers of mine (Cisco) Also if Wifey needs help finding a job do let me know. Pass on her resume to me. Sending you a PM with my email ID.

I have good connections at many companies although I think Sparsh/IGS will be the best bet if you find a place in Malad.
How far is Malad from Kandiveli? Near? Hows the rental value there? Will PM you the necessary details. Thank you!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torqy View Post
You'll also be able to track your Jeep's condition / status through the OTR reports.
You bet!!

Last edited by vinod_nookala : 15th April 2010 at 16:14.
Old 15th April 2010, 17:22   #33
Senior - BHPian

Vinod,

Since you mentioned Kandivili and a company provided 4x4 vehicle, even I had guessed it as M&M. But did not want to spill the beans. I guess it was more or less an open secret.

As Allan suggested parking at office is a good idea. In Nashik, many people even used to wash their private vehicles in the plant itself - they had a service bay of sorts.

If you park at the office - beware of the R&D guys (spike, are you listening). They might actually use your vehicle for some mods

-Biju
Old 15th April 2010, 20:59   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjbiju View Post
Vinod,

Since you mentioned Kandivili and a company provided 4x4 vehicle, even I had guessed it as M&M. But did not want to spill the beans. I guess it was more or less an open secret.

As Allan suggested parking at office is a good idea. In Nashik, many people even used to wash their private vehicles in the plant itself - they had a service bay of sorts.

If you park at the office - beware of the R&D guys (spike, are you listening). They might actually use your vehicle for some mods

-Biju
Dear Vinod, you are one lucky man. I've always wanted to work for M&M. I'd even challenged a couple of my peers during our Engineering days that I would be working for M&M a couple of years down the line and supervising the assembly line. Nevermind, my dream is still a dream.

Congrats on your new job and Wish you the very best in your role.

Yikes!
Old 15th April 2010, 21:20   #35
Distinguished - BHPian

Vinod, congrats on the career move to Mumbai -- the City of Dreams :-) Wish you all the best.

PS: So you joining to lead the efforts towards making the THAR off-road worthy :-)
Old 15th April 2010, 23:12   #36
Senior - BHPian

Malad is the place just before Kandivili, hence no sweat but still expect traffic to slow you down.

Check this - from my home till office is 11 Kms so you might be thinking what a breeze, but no, during peak times like morning 9am till 11am or from evening 6pm till 9pm, it takes me 90 minutes to travel that distance.

In Mumbai, there is this funda of east and west, the highway or the train line divide area into east and west.

To go from east to west or vice versa is a pain so keep this mind and decide on your home. If office is in east, take a home which is in the east as it is easy to travel.
Old 16th April 2010, 02:07   #37
BHPian

Welcome to Mumbai. Great place to live.

If you are in for M&M, then apart from Thakur complex, you can also look out for flat in Lokhandwala area, its also nearby. Parking should not be an issue. Better contact any agent & see if he can help/suggest alternative for extra parking.

(If nothing helps, & if you are in M&M you can park your Jeep there as you intend to use it only during OTRs)

Find the attached map for Central & Western railway routes, in case needed.
Attached Thumbnails
My 4x4: Should i take it along?-mumbai_train_route.jpg  

Last edited by offroad_maniac : 16th April 2010 at 02:25.
Old 16th April 2010, 06:49   #38
BHPian

@Vinod: you are welcome to park it at my place long term. I promise to take good care of it! :P
Old 16th April 2010, 08:23   #39
Senior - BHPian

@VN: Congrats.

Selling your jeep is better than leasing it out to FE.

BTW, Sell your rusted jeep and go find a better NGCS as per your dreams.

You always have Allan's vehicles for OTR in the meanwhile

Looks like car park is a bigger issue than housing in BBAY.

hope to see you before you go go.
Old 16th April 2010, 08:39   #40
Distinguished - BHPian

Dear Vinod - PLEASE DO NOT SELL YOUR JEEP. I sold mine 16 years back and I am still regretting it. Please bring it to Mumbai.

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar
Old 16th April 2010, 09:09   #41
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHABHAR.BEHRAM View Post
Dear Vinod - PLEASE DO NOT SELL YOUR JEEP. I sold mine 16 years back and I am still regretting it. Please bring it to Mumbai.

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar
Vinod,
DO NOT SELL IT.
I sold mine and continue to regret it.
Since long it has been with you, up gradations, time, sweat and the passion have made it what it is....there is nothing that can bring it back once gone.
Regards,
Old 16th April 2010, 09:10   #42
Senior - BHPian

wow VN, looks like you dont have much CHOICE
Old 16th April 2010, 12:22   #43
Senior - BHPian

Thumping Majority!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjbiju View Post
Vinod,

-Biju
Hey Biju,
I am not sure about availability of parking overnight in the plant. Will figure out. May be some higher up like Behram sir can help me out. Yeah there is a potential risk of finding my jeep having a M hawk engine one fine morning, but that's OK as long as they don't remove 4wd and solid axle from my vehicle!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by yikes6633 View Post
Dear Vinod, you are one lucky man. I've always wanted to work for M&M. I'd even challenged a couple of my peers during our Engineering days that I would be working for M&M a couple of years down the line and supervising the assembly line. Nevermind, my dream is still a dream.

Congrats on your new job and Wish you the very best in your role.

Yikes!
Thank you Yikes!! Wishing you all the best to achieve your dream, and i too believe dreams coming true. So it might just happen to you as well:-)))

Quote:
Originally Posted by khan_sultan View Post
Vinod, congrats on the career move to Mumbai -- the City of Dreams :-) Wish you all the best.

PS: So you joining to lead the efforts towards making the THAR off-road worthy :-)
Khan saheb,
Thank you for your well wishes! My role for now is in great escapes and will eventually lead to marketing and promotion of 4wd vehicles. Yes, giving market feedback on 4wd vehicles is also what i am expecting to do. Lets hope for the best and long way to go.

p.s- I will leave development of 4wd vehicles to Behram sir.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desmosedici View Post
Malad is the place just before Kandivili, hence no sweat but still expect traffic to slow you down.

Check this - from my home till office is 11 Kms so you might be thinking what a breeze, but no, during peak times like morning 9am till 11am or from evening 6pm till 9pm, it takes me 90 minutes to travel that distance.

In Mumbai, there is this funda of east and west, the highway or the train line divide area into east and west.

To go from east to west or vice versa is a pain so keep this mind and decide on your home. If office is in east, take a home which is in the east as it is easy to travel.
Hey thanks for a very useful input. I want to cut my traveling time as much as possible, good for me and the environment too:-))

Quote:
Originally Posted by offroad_maniac View Post
Welcome to Mumbai. Great place to live.

If you are in for M&M, then apart from Thakur complex, you can also look out for flat in Lokhandwala area, its also nearby. Parking should not be an issue. Better contact any agent & see if he can help/suggest alternative for extra parking.

(If nothing helps, & if you are in M&M you can park your Jeep there as you intend to use it only during OTRs)

Find the attached map for Central & Western railway routes, in case needed.
Thanks for the map, brilliant!! Gives me a fair idea of what things are where. Sure will also try Lokhandwala complex apart from Malad and Thakur complex. Any idea about rental price there?

Quote:
Originally Posted by COUGAR View Post
@Vinod: you are welcome to park it at my place long term. I promise to take good care of it! :P
Thank you COUGAR! Well, when i park there please consider tinkering, painting and change of tires also, apart from regular care. :-PP hahaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by headers View Post
@VN: Congrats.

Selling your jeep is better than leasing it out to FE.

BTW, Sell your rusted jeep and go find a better NGCS as per your dreams.

You always have Allan's vehicles for OTR in the meanwhile

Looks like car park is a bigger issue than housing in BBAY.

hope to see you before you go go.
Hey headers,
Honestly you are only one who said sell it and see the rest of them. Now i see a conspiracy, you want to eliminate a competitor. Afraid that it will beat your Gypsy in 80 kmph slalom and drag race? Elimination is not the best way to win my friend!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHABHAR.BEHRAM View Post

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar
Sir, you are saying this knowing i will have a fleet of vehicles to choose from and my off road requirements will be taken care of by great escapes and Reece's to some extent?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fazalaliadil View Post
Vinod,
DO NOT SELL IT.
I sold mine and continue to regret it.
Since long it has been with you, up gradations, time, sweat and the passion have made it what it is....there is nothing that can bring it back once gone.
Regards,
I see your point sir!

Quote:
wow VN, looks like you dont have much CHOICE
Well headers, yes it looks like thumping majority are against me selling the jeep. I have time of about 4 months. Till then i will be into the job and will know what is what and will be able to place my requirements better.
Old 16th April 2010, 12:49   #44
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinod_nookala View Post
Hey headers,
Honestly you are only one who said sell it and see the rest of them. Now i see a conspiracy, you want to eliminate a competitor. Afraid that it will beat your Gypsy in 80 kmph slalom and drag race? Elimination is not the best way to win my friend!

Well headers, yes it looks like thumping majority are against me selling the jeep. I have time of about 4 months. Till then i will be into the job and will know what is what and will be able to place my requirements better.
VN, I'm your only true friend . All the rest want you to spend more money month after month for a tub that you use occasionally to fulfill your latent desires.

All this when you are going to be manufacturing and selling better tubs for us lesser mortals. Atleast lets hope that the newer ones dont rust as fast as the older ones.

BTW, coming to the slalom, does your JEEP touch 80 kph? Just kiddin..
Old 16th April 2010, 13:02   #45
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
VN, I'm your only true friend . All the rest want you to spend more money month after month for a tub that you use occasionally to fulfill your latent desires.

All this when you are going to be manufacturing and selling better tubs for us lesser mortals. Atleast lets hope that the newer ones dont rust as fast as the older ones.

BTW, coming to the slalom, does your JEEP touch 80 kph? Just kiddin..
ARE YOU KIDDING?? my jeep can do 80 MMPH!! Take that KMPH as a typo

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks