Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th April 2010, 21:19   #61
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinod_nookala View Post
As i said more than an off road event MGE is a customer connect activity with its existing customers- FOR NOW!

p.s- I like you idea of MGE " Extreme"

WOW, I AM a Mahindra Customer. If there is a means to Storm my way thru and VN, you make sure of that, I'll be there!! I too would like to CONNECT with M&M
Old 17th April 2010, 22:54   #62
BHPian

Congrats VN, That's a great switch and Good Luck !

Now answering your question, if I were you I would sell off the Jeep here in TN, take some time to settle down and make a downpayment for the Thar, you are sure to get hefty employee discounts.

IMHO ..Time to move on (less hassles).If you still need a used TN Jeep later, you sure know where to go.

Cheers.
Old 19th April 2010, 09:11   #63
Senior - BHPian

Wait and watch!

Quote:
Originally Posted by headers View Post
WOW, I AM a Mahindra Customer. If there is a means to Storm my way thru and VN, you make sure of that, I'll be there!! I too would like to CONNECT with M&M
Headers, aren't you happy with the amount of connect we had yesterday? Bugger's you all took my case in yesterday's OTR

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2theMax View Post
Congrats VN, That's a great switch and Good Luck !

Now answering your question, if I were you I would sell off the Jeep here in TN, take some time to settle down and make a downpayment for the Thar, you are sure to get hefty employee discounts.

IMHO ..Time to move on (less hassles).If you still need a used TN Jeep later, you sure know where to go.

Cheers.
Hey 2 the MAX,
Thanks for your well wishes! Dude, even i am planning similar to what you have said and what every one advised. I will go and check the ground situation there and then take the decision. I am not sure about the ground situation there and i doubt if i would get hefy discount being an employee.

Well booking about Thar, i would say i am MIGHTY IMPRESSED BY SCORPIO 4wd M-HAWK yesterday. I had not so good opinion on Scorpio 4wd but my views are changed completely! Thar at about 300 kgs less must be even better, the only thing worrying me now is suspension mismatch between front and rear. Will have to wait and watch.

Last edited by vinod_nookala : 19th April 2010 at 09:21.
Old 19th April 2010, 13:40   #64
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinod_nookala
How much of a problem is parking two vehicles in an apartment complex in Mumbai?
It depends on the society you are statying at. Some Society commities do not allow vehicles of people staying on rent to be parked in the building. Make sure you fix up the parking deal along with the appartment. I can help you to find a decent place.

Quote:
Do Mumbai cops stop and harass other state vehicles?
If you have a PUC and Insurance done at TN then you can explain that you are on a short visit and get away with it. A close friend (coincidently staying at Thakur Village and is always happy to help with things) got into a major problem with his KA registered Alto and a Senior Cop had given him this advice.

Quote:
How far would be the nearest tried and tested garage considering that i might stay in Kandiveli East?
You can try my mechanic, he has helped me to maintain my Pajero very well. He also works on Davids MM550 and a couple of other TBHP 4X4 vehicles. The garage is at Dahisar west (2.5Kms North West from Thakur Village, Kandivali).

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtreme power
the offroading community of western india welcomes you into this part of the country with wide smiles and even more happier hearts,
we are there for any kind of guidance or help you may need
Welcome to Mumbai and we all hope you would be a regular member of the Western India offroading community.

Quote:
Does Mumbai has any area specifically designated for IT companies? Wify is software engineer and would also like to reside at a place which is almost equidistant for both of us. She is yet to land a job in mumbai hence her location of work isn't fixed, but mine is fixed at Kandiveli east.
I used to work as a HR Manager with IGSL/Sparsh (The Company GSFerrari suggested) and have recently started my own placement company. Do let me know if you need any help with your wifes job I would be happy to help.

Last edited by Cloud_Chaser : 19th April 2010 at 13:40. Reason: Typo mistakes
Old 19th April 2010, 14:34   #65
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloud_Chaser View Post
It depends on the society you are statying at. Some Society commities do not allow vehicles of people staying on rent to be parked in the building. Make sure you fix up the parking deal along with the appartment. I can help you to find a decent place.

If you have a PUC and Insurance done at TN then you can explain that you are on a short visit and get away with it. A close friend (coincidently staying at Thakur Village and is always happy to help with things) got into a major problem with his KA registered Alto and a Senior Cop had given him this advice.

You can try my mechanic, he has helped me to maintain my Pajero very well. He also works on Davids MM550 and a couple of other TBHP 4X4 vehicles. The garage is at Dahisar west (2.5Kms North West from Thakur Village, Kandivali).

Welcome to Mumbai and we all hope you would be a regular member of the Western India offroading community.

I used to work as a HR Manager with IGSL/Sparsh (The Company GSFerrari suggested) and have recently started my own placement company. Do let me know if you need any help with your wifes job I would be happy to help.
CloudChaser,
Thanks for the tip on the parking issue. Will get a apartment that has parking for tenants also. Will take your help while finalising a house. I have some time. Iam looking for two parking slots:-) A garage at Dhahisar is a welcome relief. I have sent you a PM, please check.

Thanks for your help
Old 19th April 2010, 15:25   #66
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Well booking about Thar, i would say i am MIGHTY IMPRESSED BY SCORPIO 4wd M-HAWK yesterday. I had not so good opinion on Scorpio 4wd but my views are changed completely!
Yes even I had those notions until I drove them at the track experience at the performance show. But then the Boleros and the Legendary 540s were the real mountain goats. The Scorpios/Getaways make you look cool without the sweat or the effort and are good enough for the weekend trailblazing. But old school is where the real fun lies.

Drifter
Old 19th April 2010, 16:23   #67
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinod_nookala View Post
Headers, aren't you happy with the amount of connect we had yesterday?

Well booking about Thar, i would say i am MIGHTY IMPRESSED BY SCORPIO 4wd M-HAWK yesterday. I had not so good opinion on Scorpio 4wd but my views are changed completely! Thar at about 300 kgs less must be even better, the only thing worrying me now is suspension mismatch between front and rear. Will have to wait and watch.
WOW, There is our first THAR customer:

Quote:
Originally Posted by drifter View Post
But old school is where the real fun lies.
Are you sure?
Old 19th April 2010, 16:26   #68
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
WOW, There is our first THAR customer:
Not yet Headers, how can i ditch a Gypsy so easily? lol
Old 19th April 2010, 16:28   #69
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Are you sure?
Yup quite sure.

Drifter
Old 19th April 2010, 18:04   #70
BHPian

Quote:
May be bit but have a question Cloud Chaser (just curious). I never knew about not allowing vehicles of people on rent to be parked inside the building. how it is? I mean usually in apartments the parking place is sold to the buyer, so in case if it's given on rent who will be using allotted parking space?

Thanks.
Old 19th April 2010, 19:08   #71
BHPian

Hi Vinod,

Welcome to Mumbai, hope to catch up with you on OTRs. I will echo what others said, please don't sell your JEEP. There would not be much problems if you are planning to take her out only on weekends.
Old 19th April 2010, 22:03   #72
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Small world indeed

Sadly all of Cisco's development centers are in Bangalore so can't do anything directly. I've passed on her resume to IGS through the IT side but I am sure you can push it directly to HR which will be far more effective.
Old 19th April 2010, 23:27   #73
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjbiju View Post
Vinod,

As Allan suggested parking at office is a good idea. In Nashik, many people even used to wash their private vehicles in the plant itself - they had a service bay of sorts.

If you park at the office - beware of the R&D guys (spike, are you listening). They might actually use your vehicle for some mods

-Biju
Biju, the service bay is still their although meant strictly for R&D vehicles. For mods we do not get hold of personal vehicles, in fact we prefer..

Spike
Old 20th April 2010, 10:17   #74
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pradipk View Post
May be bit but have a question Cloud Chaser (just curious). I never knew about not allowing vehicles of people on rent to be parked inside the building. how it is? I mean usually in apartments the parking place is sold to the buyer, so in case if it's given on rent who will be using allotted parking space?

Thanks.
If you are buying a flat in a new building in Mumbai the trend is that you have to pay seperatly for a enclosed or open parking, if not the flat owners can park their cars in any open area available in the building premises. Post sale of all the flats the owners form a society and the builder hands over all the authority to the society. Most of the new societies in my area (IC Extension, Link Road, Dahisar) have made it a rule that the preference would be give to the owners first and then if any space is available then to the people staying on rent.
Old 20th April 2010, 11:28   #75
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabareesh View Post
Hi Vinod,

Welcome to Mumbai, hope to catch up with you on OTRs. I will echo what others said, please don't sell your JEEP. There would not be much problems if you are planning to take her out only on weekends.
Hi Sabreesh,
Long time man, once you sold your CJ 500 you have almost dissappeared! Please update about your new GPW. Will surely catch up with you soon:-))

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsferrari View Post
Small world indeed

Sadly all of Cisco's development centers are in Bangalore so can't do anything directly. I've passed on her resume to IGS through the IT side but I am sure you can push it directly to HR which will be far more effective.
Thank you Cloud Chaser and GSferrari. Lets hope for the best, and i wiill bug you guys more often. :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPIKE ARRESTOR View Post
Biju, the service bay is still their although meant strictly for R&D vehicles. For mods we do not get hold of personal vehicles, in fact we prefer....?? (what)
Spike
Oh damn...i thought to get my vehicle water serviced in Nasik plant every now and then, but now not possible!!

Spike i dont mind lending my vehicle for R&D, I just need one kick *** engine in return!!

Quote:
If you are buying a flat in a new building in Mumbai the trend is that you have to pay seperatly for a enclosed or open parking, if not the flat owners can park their cars in any open area available in the building premises. Post sale of all the flats the owners form a society and the builder hands over all the authority to the society. Most of the new societies in my area (IC Extension, Link Road, Dahisar) have made it a rule that the preference would be give to the owners first and then if any space is available then to the people staying on rent.
A very valid point, will enquire about parking in this angle too. Thank you!

Last edited by vinod_nookala : 20th April 2010 at 11:45.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks