Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th April 2010, 16:05   #1
BHPian

Hurricane is "Gone" ... Long Live the Hurricane

TBhpians,

Some of you know that I have taken up a job at Noida and will be relocating. I had the following options

1) Take it with me to Noida - Ruled out. Doesnt make sense. Besides once you are used to a mechanic / garage going to someone else doesnt give one a comfortable feeling. If it was a diesel I would have still given it a second thought.
2) Park at my home / Ooty - It will only gather rust and occupy a parking space. No one will be able to start it up etc.
3) Park at the Garage - Though the mech (Ganesh) said he would start it up and take care, he said it was better to dispose it off and consider buying a "Famlily 4wd" - Bolero / Scorpio. Makes sense given the travel bug that I am.
4) Keep it for Sentimental reasons - Makes sense, since I had built it up from scratch. Only God knows the time and passion I have put into it. Not to forget the blog!!!!

Though I will be based out of Noida, I will be travelling a lot. So my family car itself would be used pretty less. Anways there are plenty of Jeeps in and around Delhi. After I settle I may buy / build a diesel there.

I bought the Hurricane 6 years ago, had my first SOLO OTR on May 22nd 2005. A week after that 3 (Giri, Rahul & Me) of us had an informal meet. Subsequent to that we had a meet at Koramangala which saw close to 5-6 Jeeps. The Jeep Thrills first OTR took place on September 7th 2005. All OTR pics can be seen at [COLOR=#810081]http://picasaweb.google.com/royal.hurricane[/COLOR]

After Much thought, I finally let my head rule over my heart. I have finalised the sale of my Hurricane to a buyer who wants to take it home. I will be handing over the Jeep on Friday (the day we are planning to meet up). Though I feel sad, I am happy in way cause the Jeeps going home (Pallakad). Looks like the Hurricanes (KLG - 824) life has come a full circle.

So do I lose my identity as "Hurricane Vivek" ??? Not yet. Cause I am laying my hands on an Original Left Hand Drive Willys. The Hurricane is "Gone"... Long Live the Hurricane.

PS: I will be picking the HT RD350 Next weekend. This will be parked at home in Bangalore. These have become "Ultra Rare" now.
Old 20th April 2010, 16:15   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

Vivek, all the best buddy. You will be missed in Bangalore OTR scene.

I am sure, your jeep is going to a jeep lover and he will make full use of it and take care of it.
Old 20th April 2010, 16:24   #3
Senior - BHPian

Vivek, your CJ3B is one of the most famous Jeeps in South India (google image search and you will know). BTW is it originally from Palakkad? Wishing you the very best!

Spike
Old 20th April 2010, 16:27   #4
BHPian

Yes it is originally from Pallakad. The previous 3 owners (not including the first one) retained the original number. I followed the trend. KLG-824 goes home.

Thanks for your wishes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPIKE ARRESTOR View Post
Vivek, your CJ3B is one of the most famous Jeeps in South India (google image search and you will know). BTW is it originally from Palakkad? Wishing you the very best!

Spike
Old 20th April 2010, 16:30   #5
BHPian

Nice come here ,Dont worry We will help you getting your hurricane from mayapuri delhi ;-)
Old 20th April 2010, 16:58   #6
Distinguished - BHPian

Dear Vivek - best of luck in Delhi, hopefully KLG824 gets a new home as good as yours and all the best for the Willys LHD.

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar
Old 20th April 2010, 16:58   #7
Team-BHP Support

Vivek am both happy and sad to hear the news, happy since the jeep is going to an absolute auto buff (including offroad passion). Look forward to a new thread on your willy!!

ps: if you need an experienced person to baby sit the RD, just ping me just kidding.

Once again wishing you the very best with the new assignment.

cheers
Jaggu
Old 20th April 2010, 17:29   #8
Senior - BHPian

Dear Vivek,
All the best with your new role. Iam happy you will have a LHD willy's on four wheels and an RD on two.
Long live the Hurricane:-)

Best of luck again!

Last edited by vinod_nookala : 20th April 2010 at 17:30.
Old 20th April 2010, 17:36   #9
BHPian

Dear Mr. Dhabhar,

Yes, it is getting a good home. Thankyou for your wishes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHABHAR.BEHRAM View Post
Dear Vivek - best of luck in Delhi, hopefully KLG824 gets a new home as good as yours and all the best for the Willys LHD.

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar
Old 20th April 2010, 17:40   #10
BHPian

Thanks Vinod. Wish you luck too .. Make sure the Mumbai rains dont get to your 540.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinod_nookala View Post
Dear Vivek,
All the best with your new role. Iam happy you will have a LHD willy's on four wheels and an RD on two.
Long live the Hurricane:-)

Best of luck again!
Old 20th April 2010, 17:41   #11
Senior - BHPian

Best of Luck Vivek. Though we spoke a few times on phone, I didnt get a chance to visit your Jeep. Hope there is a grand welcome back party @ Palakkad for a long lost son
Old 21st April 2010, 09:28   #12
Senior - BHPian

Hi Vivek,

The consolation part is that it is going to someone who will look after it.
The reality part is it will always be a part of you no matter what or which your next Jeep is.

CJ 3B is a class by itself, many on the forum are discovering or rediscovering it (inc. me).
Even on T-BHP forum, it is dominating the threads and increasingly being bought and restored.

Somehow DKG (Depeak) has unassumingly and unknowingly played a pivotal role in the rediscovering phase.

Sir Behram's most helpful tips are
'a port in the storm' for many present and future 3B owners.

Arka has very good experience and knowledge when it comes to engine, suspension and anything else, and his advices are taken very seriously as, yes......he's done it so it can be done!

Then there's Jaggu, Harjeev and many other friends who are and always will be dreamy eyed when their CJ 3B's is written about or mentioned.

One commonality in all. All are kids with this 3B toy which grows on and on and just can't be overcome.

As for me, I am the new kid on the block who is learning from all others and trying to emulate....hmmmm if you have a 3B this is how to use it.

Thank god, Men can continue and still have (disguised) toys even if they are 80, in the form of 4X4's or 4 wheelers.

So Vivek, wish you all the best.

Regards,

Last edited by fazalaliadil : 21st April 2010 at 09:30.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks