Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Vehicles


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 15th November 2010, 17:40   #436
BHPian
 
Jassy1313's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 280
Thanked: 62 Times
Default

Completed 1300miles of test-drive session, found few changes to be done and also reached the speed of 140km/hr and the handling was beyond expections.. The Offroading session is still on hold.. The Jeep has gone to Pune for its final work..
Few pics of my drive..
Attached Images
               
Jassy1313 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th November 2010, 20:20   #437
Senior - BHPian
 
raj_5004's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Dubai/Mumbai
Posts: 5,195
Thanked: 2,694 Times
Default

Your Jeep's a stunner man, truly a beauty. One of the best Jeeps i have seen. I love everything about your jeep - that simplicity, that rawness, that stance...

some pics are wallpaper material.
raj_5004 is offline  
Old 16th November 2010, 10:20   #438
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Tejas@perioimpl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Bombay
Posts: 4,209
Thanked: 6,976 Times
Default

140kmph on a XD3P engine!!!
What dif ratio are you running?
Tejas@perioimpl is offline  
Old 16th November 2010, 13:45   #439
BHPian
 
Jassy1313's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 280
Thanked: 62 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
Your Jeep's a stunner man, truly a beauty. One of the best Jeeps i have seen. I love everything about your jeep - that simplicity, that rawness, that stance...

some pics are wallpaper material.
Thanx yaar I appreciate that..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tejas@perioimpl View Post
140kmph on a XD3P engine!!!
What dif ratio are you running?
I am running on 4.88:1 diff ratio.. I have added a new Exhaust kit and few tune-ups..
Jassy1313 is offline  
Old 16th November 2010, 15:25   #440
BHPian
 
hkanitkar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: pune
Posts: 653
Thanked: 49 Times
Default

Looks awesome !
Are you getting work done on your jeep in chinchwad ( in lane next to Titan showroom on old mumbai - pune highway, to be precise ) ? Have seen a similar one there, thus asking.
hkanitkar is offline  
Old 16th November 2010, 15:35   #441
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Tejas@perioimpl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Bombay
Posts: 4,209
Thanked: 6,976 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jassy1313 View Post
I am running on 4.88:1 diff ratio.. I have added a new Exhaust kit and few tune-ups..
Is your speedometer calibrated for the bigger tyres? Check top speed on GPS.

Also, what exhaust and tuning is done? Share the details.
Tejas@perioimpl is offline  
Old 16th November 2010, 18:13   #442
Senior - BHPian
 
rrsteer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: 144022
Posts: 1,077
Thanked: 1,560 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jassy1313 View Post
Completed 1300miles of test-drive session, found few changes to be done and also reached the speed of 140km/hr and the handling was beyond expections.. The Offroading session is still on hold.. The Jeep has gone to Pune for its final work..
Few pics of my drive..
The jeep is looking very good.

But 140km/hrs on a jeep with no seat belts tied (as seen in the pics) and no doors? Please do consider the absolute lack of any safety quotient.
rrsteer is online now  
Old 17th November 2010, 10:28   #443
BHPian
 
Jassy1313's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 280
Thanked: 62 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hkanitkar View Post
Looks awesome !
Are you getting work done on your jeep in chinchwad ( in lane next to Titan showroom on old mumbai - pune highway, to be precise ) ? Have seen a similar one there, thus asking.
Ya I am getting the work done in Chinchwad, Pune..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tejas@perioimpl View Post
Is your speedometer calibrated for the bigger tyres? Check top speed on GPS.

Also, what exhaust and tuning is done? Share the details.
The Speedo shows the speed of 70km/hr when the Jeep is running at 140km/hr because of the Tyres but the speed was calculated by my Dad in his car and there cant be any error coz we were running at the same speed when it was showing 140km/hr in my Dad's car..

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrsteer View Post
The jeep is looking very good.

But 140km/hrs on a jeep with no seat belts tied (as seen in the pics) and no doors? Please do consider the absolute lack of any safety quotient.
I didn't tie seat belt while driving but I'll take care that next time whenever I drive I'll tie.. Thanx for the concern..
Jassy1313 is offline  
Old 17th November 2010, 10:39   #444
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Tejas@perioimpl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Bombay
Posts: 4,209
Thanked: 6,976 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jassy1313 View Post

The Speedo shows the speed of 70km/hr when the Jeep is running at 140km/hr because of the Tyres but the speed was calculated by my Dad in his car and there cant be any error coz we were running at the same speed when it was showing 140km/hr in my Dad's car..
Your speedo will show ~10% error due to larger diameter tyres not 100%. So if you were doing 70kmph, your actual speed would be approx 77kmph.

See the below link to accurately calculate the speedo error:

Tire size calculator

Anyways Jassy, giving you the benefit of doubt, i would really like to see your jeep. Considering 140kmph, i think you have a winner in your hands. When do we meet?
Tejas@perioimpl is offline  
Old 17th November 2010, 11:12   #445
BHPian
 
Jassy1313's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 280
Thanked: 62 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tejas@perioimpl View Post
Your speedo will show ~10% error due to larger diameter tyres not 100%. So if you were doing 70kmph, your actual speed would be approx 77kmph.

See the below link to accurately calculate the speedo error:

Tire size calculator

Anyways Jassy, giving you the benefit of doubt, i would really like to see your jeep. Considering 140kmph, i think you have a winner in your hands. When do we meet?
Tejas even I understand what you are saying but the thing I am facing is when my Jeep's speedo is at 40km/hr the Jeep is actually running at 80km/hr and when the speedo shows 20 km/hr the Jeeps is at 40km/hr and this was calculated long back when I got my Jeep from Toto.. I don't say that I am the only one with xd3p engine running at 140km/hr.. Toto's other Jeeps also go 120-130km/hr and Toto's White Jeep which also took part in EXAMM reached 150km/hr once (claimed by the existing Owner)..
Even Allan's Jeeps are amazing in all aspects..
Last Sunday when I was returning back from Pune leaving my Jeep there I saw Allan on express highway, I was at the speed of 130-135 km/hr in my car and Allan went at a tremendous speed in his Gypsy..
Previously My Jeep hardly use to touch 110km/hr but after I increased the flow of diesel/oil (done by my mach so not sure Diesel or Oil) and added bolero's exhaust kit I have experienced good increase in performance..
I still don't prefer driving at such high speed..

Last edited by Jassy1313 : 17th November 2010 at 11:14.
Jassy1313 is offline  
Old 17th November 2010, 14:54   #446
Distinguished - BHPian
 
4x4addict's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Chennai
Posts: 4,275
Thanked: 3,434 Times
Default

@jassy:

Easiest way to confirm you speed is with a GPS.
4x4addict is offline  
Old 21st November 2010, 05:09   #447
BHPian
 
sen2009's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 558
Thanked: 689 Times
Default

140 Km/Hr is just awesome. That too for an old engine like this!
I will give anything to see the faces of merc/bmw/vw drivers on pune expressway when you overtook them.

Great work... all around. The speed matches the look.
But dude, do take safety precautions. If this thing is doing 140 with this engine, it might be touching 200 with the scorpio engine mod.
sen2009 is offline  
Old 21st November 2010, 09:01   #448
Senior - BHPian
 
svsantosh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Hosur
Posts: 3,466
Thanked: 2,325 Times
Default

I have heard tourist bus operators between bangy-bombay tweak their FIP/Nozzles for that EXTRA boost. Something like a bigger JET in a petrol carb. It works..!

Jassy - Get a sedan next to you on the highway else get a GPS run.
svsantosh is offline  
Old 22nd November 2010, 13:07   #449
BHPian
 
Jassy1313's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 280
Thanked: 62 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sen2009 View Post
140 Km/Hr is just awesome. That too for an old engine like this!
I will give anything to see the faces of merc/bmw/vw drivers on pune expressway when you overtook them.

Great work... all around. The speed matches the look.
But dude, do take safety precautions. If this thing is doing 140 with this engine, it might be touching 200 with the scorpio engine mod.
My Jeep is very light weight may be because of that my Jeep reached such a speed and also there are many things to be considered such as slopes on Expressway, Etc, Etc, Etc.. But with Scorpio Engine it will undoubtedly reach 200km/hr or may cross that too..
I'll do take safety precautions.. Thanx..

Quote:
Originally Posted by svsantosh View Post
I have heard tourist bus operators between bangy-bombay tweak their FIP/Nozzles for that EXTRA boost. Something like a bigger JET in a petrol carb. It works..!

Jassy - Get a sedan next to you on the highway else get a GPS run.
You are right on the part of tweaks and JET..
I am re tuning the engine coz the fuel efficiency has reduced because of that..
I'll loose the top speed by some but will get good fuel efficiency..

Last edited by Jassy1313 : 22nd November 2010 at 13:11.
Jassy1313 is offline  
Old 22nd November 2010, 19:49   #450
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: mumbai
Posts: 732
Thanked: 66 Times
Default

hey jassy
i think i remeber going past you
i was doing 185
u seemed to be in the 130 range
she looks good

its time to get her offroading

Last edited by xtreme power : 22nd November 2010 at 19:50.
xtreme power is offline  
Reply

Most Viewed
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Copyright 2000 - 2020, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks