Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th May 2010, 15:06   #121
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jassy1313 View Post
I agree with all the points you said but one thing everyone should know is even a rookie offroader abroad is much better than an Indian offroader..
Just driving vehicles from 2-3 rocks is not offroading.. Indians need to learn a lot about offroading..
You are right to say that driving vehicles from 2-3 rocks is not off roading and Indians do need to learn a lot.
But to say that even a rookie offroader abroad is better than an Indian offroader is incorrect. You probably havent met the right Indian offroaders yet!!

Also, the people abroad benefit from inherently superior equipment right from the start. The Jeep Wrangler is far superior to the Mahindra jeep for example.

So, Jassy brother, Indian offroaders arent that bad. The really good ones are less in number though, and relatively unseen since offroading is just developing in India and Indians are limited by the available equipment and the resource.

Cheers,

Jai Mata Di
Old 10th May 2010, 15:09   #122
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I agree with all the points you said but one thing everyone should know is even a rookie offroader abroad is much better than an Indian offroader..
Just driving vehicles from 2-3 rocks is not offroading.. Indians need to learn a lot about offroading..

Would you care to substantiate that statement?

AND

could please enlighten us about your off roading experience in India and abroad that prompted you to make such a statement.
Old 10th May 2010, 15:28   #123
Senior - BHPian

Off-Roader/Off-Roading

Quote:
Hi Jassy,

Nice to see your JEEP, getting ready.

What mods have you done on this JEEP to make it better off-road?

LSD/Diff-Locks.
Winch/Winch Bumper.
6-Point Roll-Cage.
Beefier Axles.
Upgraded Steering System.
Bigger Engine.
Rated Towing Points.
Seat Belts.
Suspension Lift.

You are right, about the learning bit.

Regards,

Arka
Old 10th May 2010, 16:11   #124
Muzungu

such good workmanship and such neglect of the safety!

i doubt the kind of welding is being done that way, will last long!

i dont want to sound offensive, but look at the way the welding is being done by using that piece of glass as protection!

no proper equipment, no proper work!
Attached Thumbnails
My Monster(MM) 550-7.jpg  

Old 10th May 2010, 16:24   #125
BHPian

Quote:
A rookie offroader definetaly needs all kinda protection. Because he may even topple his vehicle on a silly obstacle.
Old 10th May 2010, 16:43   #126
BHPian

Guys there are good Offroaders in India but because of many even those few are also treated like nothing..

ONE THING I WOULD LIKE TO MAKE IT CLEAR guys that I never said that I am an EXPERT OFFROADER, even I make mistakes but I never blame my machine..

Guys don't be offended by any of my statement, its just that we Indians really need to learn a lot about offroading and stuff..

And tejas bro nothing personal dude its just that I hve seen a lot many people who go offroading just to showoff in front of friends/family, etc..

Apologizes to those who feel that I said something wrong but what I said was what I felt and experienced.. Some might agree some might not..

But guys I would like to thank you all for showing concern and will expect the same in future too..

Regards,
Jassy..

Last edited by Jassy1313 : 10th May 2010 at 16:53.
Old 10th May 2010, 17:08   #127
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muzungu View Post
such good workmanship and such neglect of the safety!

i doubt the kind of welding is being done that way, will last long!

i dont want to sound offensive, but look at the way the welding is being done by using that piece of glass as protection!

no proper equipment, no proper work!
Hey,
My modifier(man welding in the pic) has all the professional equipments required.. Just note that all welding pics I have uploaded in this thread are of final touch-up. The actual welding is done by the professionals and only if the modifier feels that a change or touch-up is required he himself does so..

You have interpreted the pic in a wrong sense, the modifier was just putting a finishing touch which was just a 5-6 secs job work.. He pays so much attention to details that even it was a 5-6 secs job work he did't neglect it..

And my last statement "He pays so much attention to details that even it was a 5-6 secs job work he did't neglect it" reflects the quality of the job..

Regards,
Jassy..
Old 10th May 2010, 17:35   #128
BHPian

@ Muzungu
No doubt in negligence of safety, but we can't comment on the quality of welding. Also, Jassy cleared the doubt.

Hey Jassy,
addicted to your thread. nice work going on. Keep us posted.
Old 10th May 2010, 17:44   #129
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pradipk View Post
@ Muzungu
No doubt in negligence of safety, but we can't comment on the quality of welding. Also, Jassy cleared the doubt.

Hey Jassy,
addicted to your thread. nice work going on. Keep us posted.
Good to hear that you like my thread.. will surely keep you updated..

regards,
Jassy..
Old 11th May 2010, 15:30   #130
Senior - BHPian

@Jassy - Wont too many joints be a weakness of the machine during OTRs? The question is assuming a lot more welding than just the bull bar (or what ever it is called ). I mean i dont know how much welding has gone into the entire project so just guessing based on the few pics posted.
Old 11th May 2010, 18:34   #131
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilesh5417 View Post
@Jassy - Wont too many joints be a weakness of the machine during OTRs? The question is assuming a lot more welding than just the bull bar (or what ever it is called ). I mean i dont know how much welding has gone into the entire project so just guessing based on the few pics posted.
Dude Welding never results into weakness of joints but over welding results into stress developments and uneven bends.. In our case we are taking this into consideration.. And the welding work is done by the engineer itself..

Last edited by Eddy : 11th May 2010 at 22:01. Reason: Correcting typo
Old 12th May 2010, 22:20   #132
BHPian

Updated pics of the Jeep- 12/5/2010..
Attached Thumbnails
My Monster(MM) 550-1.jpg  

My Monster(MM) 550-2.jpg  

My Monster(MM) 550-3.jpg  

My Monster(MM) 550-4.jpg  

My Monster(MM) 550-5.jpg  

My Monster(MM) 550-6.jpg  

My Monster(MM) 550-7.jpg  

My Monster(MM) 550-8.jpg  

My Monster(MM) 550-9.jpg  

My Monster(MM) 550-10.jpg  

My Monster(MM) 550-11.jpg  

My Monster(MM) 550-12.jpg  

My Monster(MM) 550-13.jpg  

My Monster(MM) 550-14.jpg  

My Monster(MM) 550-15.jpg  

My Monster(MM) 550-16.jpg  

My Monster(MM) 550-17.jpg  

Old 12th May 2010, 22:25   #133
BHPian

I am Planning for Bigger tyres.. Please suggest some..
Old 12th May 2010, 22:29   #134
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I am Planning for Bigger tyres.. Please suggest some..
Anything from the Maxxis range. Head to the offroad rims and tyres thread on the technical section.

Good job with your jeep. You must certainly be spending a good amount of money. Will be helpful if you split up all the costs out here so it gives others an idea about your Jeep.
Old 13th May 2010, 03:04   #135
BANNED

Jassy.. thats some good job happening there! Congrats!!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks