Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th May 2010, 16:26   #106
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jassy1313 View Post
I am planning to paint my jeep white in color..

hmm white is a good choice , if you are retaining the rims then matt black for the rims would be nice .
Old 9th May 2010, 00:34   #107
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karizma9292 View Post
hmm white is a good choice , if you are retaining the rims then matt black for the rims would be nice .
even I was planning to do the same..
Old 9th May 2010, 09:35   #108
BHPian

Hi Jassy ,
Nice choice of colour , just one thought if you go for otrs it will take a effort to clean it again. Workmanship by Jasbir Paji is great.
could you please ask him where he procured the rims for the cream jeep the one with split windscreen .can he get it for me. would love to have it on my jeep . I stay in thane so i can pick it up from him thanks and happy jeeping.
Old 9th May 2010, 21:13   #109
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahultomahawk View Post
Hi Jassy ,
Nice choice of colour , just one thought if you go for otrs it will take a effort to clean it again. Workmanship by Jasbir Paji is great.
could you please ask him where he procured the rims for the cream jeep the one with split windscreen .can he get it for me. would love to have it on my jeep . I stay in thane so i can pick it up from him thanks and happy jeeping.
Thanx Brother..

Those rims are for 45k and he will arrange them for you.. I spoke to him, if you want you can call him and get it done..
Old 9th May 2010, 22:12   #110
BHPian

Updated pics of the Jeep- 9/5/2010..
Attached Thumbnails
My Monster(MM) 550-1.jpg  

My Monster(MM) 550-2.jpg  

My Monster(MM) 550-3.jpg  

My Monster(MM) 550-4.jpg  

My Monster(MM) 550-5.jpg  

My Monster(MM) 550-6.jpg  

My Monster(MM) 550-7.jpg  

My Monster(MM) 550-8.jpg  

My Monster(MM) 550-9.jpg  

My Monster(MM) 550-10.jpg  

My Monster(MM) 550-11.jpg  

My Monster(MM) 550-12.jpg  

My Monster(MM) 550-13.jpg  

My Monster(MM) 550-14.jpg  

My Monster(MM) 550-15.jpg  

My Monster(MM) 550-16.jpg  

Old 9th May 2010, 22:57   #111
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on your new possession. Hope the final outcome is worth the effort, especially in terms of the passion inputs.

I always had a question that I shall ask now after seeing the pics of your JIP(Jeep in Progress)

For an already heavy vehicle with an underpowered engine, isnt it wiser to consider weight reduction, than add more weight to it by adding reinforced bullbars, sidebars, heavy roll cages etc..?
Wouldnt it help improve offroad performance if the jeep was lighter, so all that torque could be put to better use than be used to lug extra weight in the form of all the additional iron ??
Old 10th May 2010, 09:45   #112
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysmokesleaves View Post
Congrats on your new possession. Hope the final outcome is worth the effort, especially in terms of the passion inputs.

I always had a question that I shall ask now after seeing the pics of your JIP(Jeep in Progress)

For an already heavy vehicle with an underpowered engine, isnt it wiser to consider weight reduction, than add more weight to it by adding reinforced bullbars, sidebars, heavy roll cages etc..?
Wouldnt it help improve offroad performance if the jeep was lighter, so all that torque could be put to better use than be used to lug extra weight in the form of all the additional iron ??
I have already reduced lot of weight from the Jeep.. Bullbars, sidebars and heavy roll cage is must if you are planning for offroading coz a professional offroader always gives highest priority to safety.. As far as Offroading is concern then everyone out here should learn that its not about power its all about technique..
Old 10th May 2010, 10:30   #113
BHPian

rightly said jassy its all about technique, but sometimes power also helps.
Just my newbie thoughts as i myself haven't done hard core off roading.
will contact jasbir paaji if my budget permits me . glued to your thread your jeep is coming up nicely
Old 10th May 2010, 10:50   #114
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
As far as Offroading is concern then everyone out here should learn that its not about power its all about technique..
Jassy.., I agree with everything uve said except the above. Skill is crucial in offroading but any amount of skill cannot overcome the lack of power and equipment when it is called for and necessary for certain obstacles.

Having said that, professional offroading is a different perspective requiring much more specialized/ modified, vehicle/equipment and specialized skills.

Cheers,

Jay
Old 10th May 2010, 10:53   #115
Distinguished - BHPian

Jassy, you should incorporate a pair of D shackles in the front bumper.
Old 10th May 2010, 11:07   #116
BHPian

Quote:
Jassy.., I agree with everything uve said except the above. Skill is crucial in offroading but any amount of skill cannot overcome the lack of power and equipment when it is called for and necessary for certain obstacles.

Having said that, professional offroading is a different perspective requiring much more specialized/ modified, vehicle/equipment and specialized skills.

Cheers,

Jay
Jay brother,
XD3P engines has all the power required to drive on any terrain and for everything else theres High/Low gear..

And one more thing regarding professional offroading, Driver is not known by his Car, Car is known by its driver..

Regards,
Jassy..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tejas@perioimpl View Post
Jassy, you should incorporate a pair of D shackles in the front bumper.
Thanx.. I will surely do that..

regards,
Jassy..

Last edited by Jaggu : 10th May 2010 at 11:35. Reason: Back to back posts, please use Multi (Quote +) instead, Thanks
Old 10th May 2010, 11:13   #117
Senior - BHPian

Excellent re-build !

Hi, Jassy1313, your Jeep is coming out very well . Judging by the work that has been done so far, it looks like the handiwork of thorough professionals.

Quote:
...As far as Offroading is concern then everyone out here should learn that its not about power its all about technique..
Well said .

I had an opportunity to experience this at the recce #2 for TPC 2010.
Additional power is definitely a plus, but proper off-roading technique can overcome the shortcomings of lack-of-power in most , if not all, situations during hardcore offroading.
Old 10th May 2010, 11:29   #118
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Thunder View Post
Hi, Jassy1313, your Jeep is coming out very well . Judging by the work that has been done so far, it looks like the handiwork of thorough professionals.

Well said .

I had an opportunity to experience this at the recce #2 for TPC 2010.
Additional power is definitely a plus, but proper off-roading technique can overcome the shortcomings of lack-of-power in most , if not all, situations during hardcore offroading.
Thanx..

Regards,
Jassy..
Old 10th May 2010, 12:34   #119
Senior - BHPian

Jassy, surely the work seems to be from a professional's hand.Good going.

Quote:
....Wouldnt it help improve offroad performance if the jeep was lighter.............
Any day. In fact that is the reason why people try non-metal fabrication of jeep parts abroad.

Quote:
...its not about power its all about technique..
Completely agreed. A better driver with an inferior vehicle is bound to outperform a worse counterpart with a better vehicle. But then its no harm to make a vehicle better.

Quote:
..Having said that, professional offroading is a different perspective requiring much more specialized/ modified, vehicle/equipment and specialized skills.....
+1 to that. Attaching the term 'professional' changes the scene drastically!
Though i agree that for an inherently unsafe vehicle like jeep, at least a proper roll cage is surely necessary for any kind of usage.
Old 10th May 2010, 13:24   #120
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kandisa View Post
Jassy, surely the work seems to be from a professional's hand.Good going.

Any day. In fact that is the reason why people try non-metal fabrication of jeep parts abroad.

Completely agreed. A better driver with an inferior vehicle is bound to outperform a worse counterpart with a better vehicle. But then its no harm to make a vehicle better.

+1 to that. Attaching the term 'professional' changes the scene drastically!
Though i agree that for an inherently unsafe vehicle like jeep, at least a proper roll cage is surely necessary for any kind of usage.
I agree with all the points you said but one thing everyone should know is even a rookie offroader abroad is much better than an Indian offroader..
Just driving vehicles from 2-3 rocks is not offroading.. Indians need to learn a lot about offroading..

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks