Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Vehicles

Search this Thread
Old 22nd November 2010, 22:05   #451
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrsteer View Post
The jeep is looking very good.

But 140km/hrs on a jeep with no seat belts tied (as seen in the pics) and no doors? Please do consider the absolute lack of any safety quotient.
Jassy even my concern was the same when i looked at those pics.

please get it done at the earliest,its NOT SAFE,dont take the jeep off road till you get the seat belt fixed
Old 22nd November 2010, 22:14   #452
Distinguished - BHPian

Ya right Allan did 185! We zoomed past you in the fortuner at high speed. So we must be atleast at 225!!!!

Jassy, sorry but I still find it hard to believe. Why don't you take up my offer and meet up with me to prove me wrong?
Old 23rd November 2010, 00:01   #453
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tejas@perioimpl View Post
Ya right Allan did 185! We zoomed past you in the fortuner at high speed. So we must be atleast at 225!!!!

Jassy, sorry but I still find it hard to believe. Why don't you take up my offer and meet up with me to prove me wrong?
we'll meet but can't promise you the same performance brother coz I am getting the engine re tuned for better fuel efficiency as mentioned earlier and also getting bigger ORVMs and new seat belts and also trying getting the speedo fixed so that it will show the exact speed the Jeep is running at..

Hopefully I'll be getting my Jeep back by 27th of this month so we'll plan something after that.. Till then SAFE DRIVING..

Last edited by Jassy1313 : 23rd November 2010 at 00:07.
Old 23rd November 2010, 08:23   #454
BHPian

Quote:

tejas, i smoked youll in the wet
remember you called saying that you were passing the toll and i said i was way ahead,
and both of us stopped for air as well.

how come you never saw jassy's jeep on the expressway. he was easily doing 130's.
was hard to miss a jeep going that fast

and jassy, dont tune her for efficiency,
you are lucky to have a jeep doing 140kmph
keep it that way
ur up against the that now
Old 23rd November 2010, 09:06   #455
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jassy1313 View Post
but can't promise you the same performance brother
Thought i'd get this answer...

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtreme power View Post
tejas, i smoked youll in the wet
remember you called saying that you were passing the toll and i said i was way ahead,
and both of us stopped for air as well.

how come you never saw jassy's jeep on the expressway. he was easily doing 130's.
was hard to miss a jeep going that fast
We waited for all the guys to fill air and eat while you went on buddy. I didn't see the jeep, cuz i went to sleep Anyways, i'm not questioning your gypsy.... it's jassy's jeep i wanna see. At that level of performance, why buy a Thar?
Old 23rd November 2010, 09:26   #456

Was this the time when I ran past all of you at 300KMPH??
Old 23rd November 2010, 10:09   #457
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

With the OEM 4-Speed gear box which doesn't have an overdrive the 4th gear ratio is 1:1. With stock 4.88 final drive ration, the engine will have to rev to abt 6000 rpm to reach speeds of over 140 kmph. It is not just about fuel delivery, given the overall gearing the engine will have to rev up to match the top speed. The larger tires will give you a roughly 10% increase in the top speed of a stock MM550XD. The top RPM of the XD3P is about 4400 rpm and the top speed of the MM540XD is about 110 to 115 kmph. When you are doing 140 kmph the engine rpm has to increase accordingly as the tires are eventually connected to the engine.

Before re-tune for mileage, I suggest doing the GPS test. This way, you can confirm the speeds accurately.

Last edited by 4x4addict : 23rd November 2010 at 10:17.
Old 23rd November 2010, 10:50   #458
BHPian

Did I mention that when I saw Allan's Gypsy passing by I was driving Jeep?? I clearly mentioned that we were returning from Pune LEAVING MY JEEP there.. I was in my Car when I saw him.. What is the use of sharing details if we are suppose to get such replies.. No offense but never expected such statements from you people..
I still appreciate the reply from ''4x4addict''..

Last edited by Jassy1313 : 23rd November 2010 at 10:52.
Old 23rd November 2010, 12:40   #459
BANNED

Quote:
I am running on 4.88:1 diff ratio.. I have added a new Exhaust kit and few tune-ups..
Can you explain the tuning issue for us ? & also the kind of exhaust system details ?

I am Interested because I am using a 540 (2.1) & a series 2a Land Rover (2.3) ,so it will be interesting to experiment from your tips .

Sudarshan
Old 23rd November 2010, 15:10   #460
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sudarshan View Post
Can you explain the tuning issue for us ? & also the kind of exhaust system details ?

I am Interested because I am using a 540 (2.1) & a series 2a Land Rover (2.3) ,so it will be interesting to experiment from your tips .

Sudarshan
Sorry brother but how can a rookie help you in anyway..
You should ask the bigger players who pass by at 225 and 300..
sorry once again..
If you are still interested then P.M. me..

Last edited by Jassy1313 : 23rd November 2010 at 15:25.
Old 23rd November 2010, 15:50   #461
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Completed 1300miles of test-drive session, found few changes to be done and also reached the speed of 140km/hr and the handling was beyond expections.. The Offroading session is still on hold.. The Jeep has gone to Pune for its final work..
Few pics of my drive..
I'm sorry but this bit indicates that you were talking about the jeep.
@4X4 addict, simple logic but effective!
Old 23rd November 2010, 16:14   #462
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
sorry once again..
Jassy,

Don't take it personally. You made a claim of 140kmph and we are mighty impressed and frankly it's a never heard of claim. You are not willing to let any of the bombay guys see your jeep either.

The 225 and 300kmph was a joke. You should have caught that.

Why PM? This is an open forum, share details here with everyone about your mechanic's tuning skills.

Last edited by Tejas@perioimpl : 23rd November 2010 at 16:15. Reason: typo
Old 23rd November 2010, 16:26   #463
BANNED

Quote:
What is the use of sharing details if we are suppose to get such replies.. No offense but never expected such statements from you people..
I still appreciate the reply from ''4x4addict''..
Quote:
sorry once again..
Its Ok , I am interested BUT I am not going to PM you for that. share it right here or dont . Is that 'knowledge ' protected by copyright ?

I asked a simple Question & havent remarked in any offencive manner what so ever. If you feel offended by that then I am sorry . Since you are sharing all this in open forum so I asked .

But let me tell you I am disappointed . This is not the way you express yourself .

And one more thing , people do ask questions if you put something in public . ( you like it or not )

Sudarshan
P.S. Don't call me brother till you act like one with me
Old 23rd November 2010, 17:38   #464
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sudarshan View Post
Its Ok , I am interested BUT I am not going to PM you for that. share it right here or dont . Is that 'knowledge ' protected by copyright ?

I asked a simple Question & havent remarked in any offencive manner what so ever. If you feel offended by that then I am sorry . Since you are sharing all this in open forum so I asked .

But let me tell you I am disappointed . This is not the way you express yourself .

And one more thing , people do ask questions if you put something in public . ( you like it or not )

Sudarshan
P.S. Don't call me brother till you act like one with me
I want to share many things but I am disappointed with the comments I get after sharing things..
I am ready for questions but if I answer them in a very pleasing manner then why such behavior??
Old 23rd November 2010, 19:07   #465
BHPian

Quote:
Jassy,

Don't take it personally. You made a claim of 140kmph and we are mighty impressed and frankly it's a never heard of claim. You are not willing to let any of the bombay guys see your jeep either.

The 225 and 300kmph was a joke. You should have caught that.

Why PM? This is an open forum, share details here with everyone about your mechanic's tuning skills.
I think we should leave this issue of 140 and move on in life..
I have no issues with anyone..
And as I mentioned once I get my Jeep back we'll plan out something..

Most Viewed