Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th April 2018, 16:17   #361
BHPian

Re: Mitsubishi Pajero 2.8

If I were you, I would first check manually if the turbo is indeed building up any pressure at all in the first place and then, check the following:

1. Breather pipe/oil pipe
2. Waste Actuator / Diaphragm spring-if its a fixed geometry turbo
3. Vaccum/electronic sensor based actuator if its a VGT.

Anyways, I see that you are in Bangalore and assume from your posts that you are familiar with JC road. Get in touch with Century Automobiles-Turbo Zone, JC road.

Last edited by jeeva : 26th April 2018 at 16:19.
jeeva is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th April 2018, 20:14   #362
BHPian

You may want to get in touch with Harry of GH Automobiles on the Kasturi Nagar outer ring road.. # 9972030806. He may be of help.

Cheers
indianrunner is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2018, 18:52   #363
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Enthusiast View Post
Replaced the core...

ABS is the only thing that will show up in a scan and that is what i am going to check tomorrow...

Please let me know if there's something else i should be looking into.
Any further updates, mate?
Old 19th May 2018, 00:06   #364
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cool_dube View Post
Any further updates, mate?
Well, after spending 55k and changing the Turbo, neither SVR Motors nor Cartisan could fix the issue. I took the car to RAC who did a routine scan of the ABS which showed an error. The differential lock was engaged though the vehicle was in 2WD mode. The error was cleared and holla without even having to carry out any mechanical work the turbo started working like a charm.

I am not sure how this is related but the turbo works absolutely fine now. Probably my hunch was right that there wasn't an issue with the turbo in the first place and I am poorer by 55k now
The Enthusiast is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th May 2018, 19:59   #365
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Well, after spending 55k and changing the Turbo, neither SVR Motors nor Cartisan could fix the issue. I took the car to RAC who did a routine scan of the ABS which showed an error. The differential lock was engaged though the vehicle was in 2WD mode. The error was cleared and holla without even having to carry out any mechanical work the turbo started working like a charm.

I am not sure how this is related but the turbo works absolutely fine now. Probably my hunch was right that there wasn't an issue with the turbo in the first place and I am poorer by 55k now
Now this is interesting! So the center differential lock was not actually engaged (cannot be since the vehicle handling would have been completely changed had it been so, plus, it won't happen unless you engage it mechanically) but for some reason the ABS sensor was reading it as ON?

If the answer to the above it YES, then my next question would be - how would this alter the behavior of a perfectly healthy turbo? I am not able to understand. How are the two linked? Firstly, why would the ABS sensor be bothered about diff lock? Even if it is, then why would it affect the turbo? Am totally lost.

BTW, what/where is RAC?
cool_dube is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th May 2018, 12:20   #366
BHPian

Quote:
The differential lock was engaged though the vehicle was in 2WD mode. The error was cleared and holla without even having to carry out any mechanical work the turbo started working like a charm.
I own a Pajero 2009. Please advise how does the differential lock get engaged? Is it done manually and if so, how to disengage the same. Just in case the same has to happen.
Your advise on this is highly appreciated.
Old 20th May 2018, 23:39   #367
Senior - BHPian

The 4x4 lever has to be moved to the 4HLc or 4LLc position for the center differential to be locked. A word of caution, only do this when off road. If engaged on tarmac it can ruin your transmission.
Old 8th October 2021, 08:51   #368
BHPian

Can Someone please help me with the Owner`s Manual of Pajero SFX?

Also, i am getting a good deal on Shell Helix 15w-40 Mineral Engine oil? Shall i go with this for my next engine oil change?
Old 21st October 2021, 13:01   #369
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abbas View Post
Can Someone please help me with the Owner`s Manual of Pajero SFX?
Please share your email id over DM and I will mail it over to you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abbas View Post
Also, i am getting a good deal on Shell Helix 15w-40 Mineral Engine oil? Shall i go with this for my next engine oil change?
During my ownership of the Pajero SFX, I always used Motul 10w30 (recommended spec) with great results. Would recommend the same.
cool_dube is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks