Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Vehicles

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 19th May 2010, 13:24   #286
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajachu View Post
Spike,

Can you please tell us about the aircon and hard top features as well, especially for gypsyers like us who really would like to get an upgradation to a vehicle equal or better than Gypsy
Dream on buddy, DREAM ON..

I would for one, want to witness the THAR with

1. HT and AC - lets talk yaw, pitch, roll, lateral cornering etc buddies, Spike, BD sir, VN and Nitrous

2. Slalom test - This is a very good indicator of how good a vehicle is.

My friend DKG, where are thou?

Cheers
Old 19th May 2010, 13:28   #287
DKG
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by headers View Post
Dream on buddy, DREAM ON..

I would for one, want to witness the THAR with

1. HT and AC...My friend DKG, where are thou?
Your wishes are being fulfilled guruji !! After all we can't have all our terra tigers melt in the Chennai heat !! Palar adventure in 20 degree cool comfort !!

Last edited by DKG : 19th May 2010 at 13:31.
Old 19th May 2010, 13:45   #288
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKG View Post
Your wishes are being fulfilled guruji !! After all we can't have all our terra tigers melt in the Chennai heat !! Palar adventure in 20 degree cool comfort !!
Now, now, you are trying to tempt me, buddy. If the palar adventure at 20 degree becomes a reality

Maybe..just maybe I will BUY a THAR if all my wishes stated previously come true!!
Old 19th May 2010, 14:04   #289
DKG
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Now, now, you are trying to tempt me, buddy
Get your cheque book out sir, aircon and hardtop will be a reality. Someone's burning the midnight oil to make it happen !!

Quote:
If the palar adventure at 20 degree becomes a reality
I see the TPC becoming a must visit on every offroaders calendar thanks to the Thar's a/c neutralising Chennai's hot humid weather !

After all you think all those expats and arabs could venture out into the deserts without a/c? No way. A whole new world has opened up for the offroading world in middle east thanks to airconditioning.

Quote:
I will BUY a THAR if all my wishes stated previously come true!!
I sincerely believe you will like the car Vikram. Look at it this way. Most of us are so fond of this sport that we have adjusted to the lack of creature comforts and made the Jeep our tool in enjoying this sport. Most of us are deeply fond of this machine and overlook so many of its drawbacks when it comes to comfort.

That the Thar allows us to do all that we do with our Jeeps along with creature comforts and better highway cruiseability makes it so much more fun.

You won't think twice about hopping into a Thar and crossing the country for a 1000 kms to attend a offroad event in Lonavla or Goa. Heck I see all of us planning expeditions into the Himalayas once this vehicle is out ! And that I'm sure you will agree is the world's ultimate offroad playground, and that too in our own beloved country !!

Last edited by DKG : 19th May 2010 at 14:07.
Old 19th May 2010, 14:11   #290
Muzungu

Santa Claus is coming early this year with his goodies for all of us!

i hope we all know who im talking about and what the goodies are?

expect an early Xmas this year guys!

psst>at a good affordable price!

Old 19th May 2010, 14:30   #291
DKG
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muzungu View Post
expect an early Xmas this year guys!
or even some wild firecrackers??
Old 19th May 2010, 14:42   #292
Senior - BHPian

I would like to carry Ganesha Idol in a THAR for immersion during this year's Ganesha Chaturthi.
Old 19th May 2010, 15:05   #293
Muzungu

hey anyone want to start a thread about the external and internal modification of THAR thread or just add the photos here only!

any guys good with photoshop? we got tons of photos of THAR to be worked upon!

it will keep people glued to this thread, and will keep alive the interest till the time for celebrating with 'firecrackers' arrive!

Old 19th May 2010, 15:09   #294
DKG
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muzungu View Post
hey anyone want to start a thread about the external and internal modification of THAR
Brilliant idea Muzungu. M&M will actually benefit by such brainstorming and you never know when some ideas get incorporated.

Start a new thread on Thar modification potential and perhaps you could study some of the Jeep CJ5's refinished in Hyderabad for ideas (see the Jeeps in Hyderabad thread). If a stock Thar is made to look like that believe me a lot of 18 year olds will start dreaming about owning one !!

First stage of mods should be accessorising the car with those little touches that make it look awesome. Fender flares, alloys, winches, jerry cans, actually the bumpers are too dowdy, need something sportier. I also feel those fender indicator lights look awful, more like a last minute after thought. BTW I hope its possible to do clear lens headlamps rightaway. Transforms the look of a car !

The 540 body which is based on the CJ5 has the potential to look fabulous.

Last edited by DKG : 19th May 2010 at 15:18.
Old 19th May 2010, 15:17   #295
Muzungu

Quote:
Brilliant idea Muzungu. M&M will actually benefit by such brainstorming and you never know when some ideas get incorporated.

Start a new thread on Thar modification potential and perhaps you could study some of the Jeeps CJ5's refinished in Hyderabad for ideas (see the Jeeps in Hyderabad thread). If a stock Thar is made to look like that believe me a lot of 18 year olds will start dreaming about owning one !!
Deepak, why dont you do the honours of starting the THAR Modification thread?

you have seen it, felt it, driven it and loved it!(we can add booked it and bought it later on)

Old 19th May 2010, 15:30   #296
Team-BHP Support

OT: Woaah did i see header sign up! No wonder its raining!!!
Old 19th May 2010, 16:37   #297
Senior - BHPian

It is amusing to see some people who were criticizing the overall idea of THAR, were comparing the same with restored army disposal 540/550's (& preferring the later!), even added a suffix 'CAR' to THAR are now on the verge of taking a different turn Guess the number will only increase unless an absurd price tag spoils it.
Old 19th May 2010, 16:49   #298
DKG
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kandisa View Post
It is amusing to see some people who were criticizing the overall idea of THAR...now on the verge of taking a different turn
Most of the people who have been vocal about the Thar are essentially passionate enthusiasts. Its only natural that since they love the venerable Jeep they will eventually appreciate the Thar ( I believe this because I know it won't disappoint many).

Its actually quite healthy that this car has evoked so much of a debate. Believe me if it can survive this and with the conviction of the people who run M&M it gets released in India you will have a much bigger fan following once people use it for their leisure offroading and end up liking it

Last edited by DKG : 19th May 2010 at 17:07.
Old 19th May 2010, 17:10   #299
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Now, now, you are trying to tempt me, buddy. If the palar adventure at 20 degree becomes a reality

Maybe..just maybe I will BUY a THAR if all my wishes stated previously come true!!
The wish still includes an absolute on-road price of 6.5L right?
Old 19th May 2010, 17:43   #300
BHPian

Quote:
or even some wild firecrackers??
Can I take this as fairly good idea of release date then?
Closed Thread

Most Viewed