Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 5th August 2010, 00:51   #916
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPIKE ARRESTOR View Post
Ram, the HT will be a direct fit (hassle free). In case you get to know about the supplier, do let me know.

Spike
Spike,

You can do better than that. Please PM me the dealer's contacts.

Tell me is the Thars in Italy, assembled in India and exported or are they assembled in Italty/Europe.

I promise I will try my best to dig out the HT manufacturers details.

Thanks, Best Regards & Drive/Ride Safe

Ram
Old 5th August 2010, 04:19   #917
BHPian

few more pics from Italy.
Attached Thumbnails
Thar she blows !!-769_6.jpg  

Thar she blows !!-769_3.jpg  

Thar she blows !!-769_10.jpg  

Thar she blows !!-769_7.jpg  

Thar she blows !!-769_11.jpg  

Old 5th August 2010, 05:42   #918
BHPian

No HT, No AC, No Thar for me, the writing is on the wall, I am not even considering buying it until one becomes available and the AC is fitted or a good quality after market option. Put it all together and it looks like 8-8.5 L plus other spends like tyres rims etc, taking me closer to the scorp 4x4.
Old 5th August 2010, 07:43   #919
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsferrari View Post
Central locking isn't a frill. You have no idea how annoying it is to walk around to the back to open the rear door on the Gypsy for friends....
It is amazing how the species Homo Sapiens survived hundreds of thousands of years of evolution without central locking. There is a disturbing thesis going around that the ancients did not have automatic transmissions, radios and A/C either...but this is not generally accepted in the academia. Counter cultural claptrap!
DirtyDan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th August 2010, 08:03   #920
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by zipperone View Post
No HT, No AC, No Thar for me, the writing is on the wall, I am not even considering buying it until one becomes available and the AC is fitted or a good quality after market option.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parm View Post
its sad to hear no HT for thar at the moment, but any chances of HT being offered as a dealer fitment, NO!
Quote:
Originally Posted by .anshuman View Post
Now that we know its not coming with hard top,
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4addict View Post
The problem is that the company that made the MM540 HT is out of business and the latest version that you see on the police jeeps in chennai is so ugly that it makes the Mahindra design team look like a bunch of geniuses. It is next to impossible to source a good HT in the used market. Your only option is to build one.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyDan View Post
This is not good news...very unfortunate. I do not feel like spending 1/2 lakh building a HT or waiting a month for a shop to do the work. It would be ironic if Italians were getting their HTs made in India.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajachu View Post
With this confirmations on HT and Aircon non availability Thar would be out of my mind for the family offroader come tourer vehicle.iam sad
Quote:
Originally Posted by shayne View Post
I agree. No hard top, no THAR for me, unfortunately. I guess i will have to be happy with the 'compromise', the Scorpio AT 4WD.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4addict View Post
@spike. No HT will be show stopper for many. I had send Vinod a link to the thread about a fibre HT maker in Bangalore whom Sree had met.
Sigh! Can we please stop this. Where did Spike confirm or deny anything about the future of HT availability in India? Remember he can't reveal any information about something that is yet to be revealed to the public.

The unofficial word on the trail is there will be a HT, there will be AC too. Why else the compressor was put back? Why will there be AC if HT is not an option? Based on what I have heard, there will be HT, there will be AC by the time it will release, but purely as after-purchase options. If that is not the case, they will lose more than half the interested customers right away, and they know that. So relax and stop fretting.
Old 5th August 2010, 08:08   #921
BHPian

I sincerely hope so, since a DEALER in Italy has managed to develop a great looking interior and HT for the THAR and it would be ridiculous (to say the least) if the manufacturer of the vehicle could not!
Old 5th August 2010, 09:03   #922
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shayne View Post
...and it would be ridiculous (to say the least) if the manufacturer of the vehicle could not!
The manufacturer is definitely capable of doing it, but the point being discussed is, will it come factory-fitted or as an after-sales dealer fitment (which means additional expense for us).
Old 5th August 2010, 09:33   #923
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Thunder View Post
but the point being discussed is, will it come factory-fitted or as an after-sales dealer fitment (which means additional expense for us).
Actually it is cheaper if it is after sales dealer fitment. We don't have to pay ridiculous amount of road tax on it.
Old 5th August 2010, 10:06   #924
Senior - BHPian

@ Spike:

Will we get a similar interior finish here in India as the Italian model, as in seats and carpets et al.

Also the HT seems to be quite similar to IIRC 4x4addict's MM540 HT. So I would think this can definitely be made in India.
Old 5th August 2010, 11:07   #925
Team-BHP Support

India is no california, and most regions suffer from a burning summer more than 6 months a year. So without an AC and HT, 90% of its practicality will go away.
Today, even customers who go for bottom end hatches require AC as a must have feature. I do not think marketing department will ignore that requirement.
Old 5th August 2010, 12:00   #926
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileCruncher View Post
@ Spike:

Will we get a similar interior finish here in India as the Italian model, as in seats and carpets et al.
Ani, some of those (as you see in pics) are fitted by the dealer in Italy. He charges a handsome amount too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
Today, even customers who go for bottom end hatches require AC as a must have feature. I do not think marketing department will ignore that requirement.
Even I hope so.

Spike
Old 5th August 2010, 12:09   #927
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by conjon View Post
few more pics from Italy.
i dont have any doubts, but im sure we indians will not be getting the stuff seen in the photos posted from the italian market as fitment from M&M. might be a dealer option!

as the thin bottom line says:

"The acessories and equipment seen in the photos are not part of the standard fittings and may vary from region to region"
Old 5th August 2010, 14:50   #928
Team-BHP Support

It has been repeatedly reported to the mods that too much speculations are being made and repeated questions are being asked in every Thar thread, which really doesn't contribute in any way.

The quintessential "are we there yet?" kind of queries in every other page is not helping either.

"when will it be launched?"
"what is the price?"
"Will it have HT, AC, central locking?"

Nobody really has the authoritative answers to that or can't reveal it. So these questions are only creating spam.

Therefore we are closing all the Thar threads, except for this one. Post here only if you have some real information or have a question that has not been asked before. I really doubt anything will fall into either category. - Support Team
Old 6th August 2010, 01:12   #929
BHPian

I am not sure buyers who spend thousands/lakhs modding their Thar to their taste will want to eventually settle for a HT that looks like this:
Quote:
Originally Posted by conjon View Post
That roofline just looks too matronly in my opinion.
Looks being subjective of course, so apologies in advance.

I think most people might prefer something like this (keeping the B-pillar intact and adding a separate panel above the passenger seats)

Thar she blows !!-xingers-thar.jpg

Headspace in the back will be reduced for sure, but I think for offroading no one will sit in the back anyway and for a family vehicle the space will be adequate for kids.

Now if only someone could make them for real!!!
Old 6th August 2010, 10:05   #930
BHPian

Slightly off topic, have a look at this 2010 Mahindra TR - Consumer Guide Automotive.

Specs looks interesting, including many safety features as well. Hopefully we will get good options in future.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks