Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 12th August 2010, 12:44   #961
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by starter View Post
One question Parm, what is the point in answering this question?
What do you plan to make out of it?
This will lead to nothing but speculations and more of it.
Cheers,
Deepak
well the answer will show what kind of customer will be buying the thar and for what purpose or usage!

i think some fellow forum members have answered as to how they intend to use thar, some as daily drives, some as for long drives to mountains!

if you dont feel like answering then dont! its as simple as can be.
Old 12th August 2010, 13:31   #962
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parm View Post
well the answer will show what kind of customer will be buying the thar and for what purpose or usage!

i think some fellow forum members have answered as to how they intend to use thar, some as daily drives, some as for long drives to mountains!

if you dont feel like answering then dont! its as simple as can be.
Don't get me wrong Parm. My question still remains, as to what are you going to make out of this information.
Say, i answer your question as "Only for OTRs" and let us assume that most would say the same. Would this information bring in some changes in the configuration of THAR? I am sorry but the answer is NO.
So, i did not see a point in your question.
If you think that it makes sense, and you need this information, please go ahead! I am sorry to have spoiled your party.
Cheers,
Deepak
Old 12th August 2010, 14:23   #963
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Agree with Deepak. Basically at this point since the vehicle is in the approval stage the technical specifications will be frozen/finalized. This will end up with another 10 pages of I use it for xxxxxx.
Old 12th August 2010, 16:10   #964
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by starter View Post
Don't get me wrong Parm. My question still remains, as to what are you going to make out of this information.
Say, i answer your question as "Only for OTRs" and let us assume that most would say the same. Would this information bring in some changes in the configuration of THAR? I am sorry but the answer is NO.
So, i did not see a point in your question.
If you think that it makes sense, and you need this information, please go ahead! I am sorry to have spoiled your party.
Cheers,
Deepak
you didnt spoiled my party, it starts the day i get the White Thar!

anyway regarding my question, i just wanted to know how people intend to you the Thar. i know not all of us can afford two vehicles in the family, but many of want to buy it, but its not a family vehicle!

so some people will be making a difficult choice in buying Thar.
Old 12th August 2010, 20:41   #965
BHPian

Hi,

I just want to hi-light again that the soft top Thar must have the option to fold the front windscreen.

We can do that on the CJ 340, CJ Classic and the Gypsy today and we must be able to do that on the Thar as well.

Yikes!
Old 12th August 2010, 22:34   #966
BHPian

when will they launch the thar?
Old 13th August 2010, 11:08   #967
NIP
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parm View Post
you didnt spoiled my party, it starts the day i get the White Thar!

anyway regarding my question, i just wanted to know how people intend to you the Thar. i know not all of us can afford two vehicles in the family, but many of want to buy it, but its not a family vehicle!

so some people will be making a difficult choice in buying Thar.
This topic has been on this thread and elsewhere. And we all know the answers (mostly), but yet the impatient minds in us keeps asking the same mundane/repetitive questions

I for one cant wait for the launch !! I want a white one too !!!
Old 13th August 2010, 16:12   #968
BHPian

Thar would be a total "YES!!!" from my side if its gonna be anywhere less than 7.5L.

Me and my father are drooling over it and would be booking one as soon it hits India!

Last edited by aa_asif : 13th August 2010 at 16:13.
Old 16th August 2010, 14:54   #969
BHPian

Hi Guys

A few pics of our two South African Thar`s that competed a 4x4 event this past weekend. We did very well but urgently needs a difflock to compete against the big-guns.
Attached Thumbnails
Thar she blows !!-pta-event-2.jpg  

Thar she blows !!-pta-event-3.jpg  

Thar she blows !!-pta-event-4.jpg  

Thar she blows !!-pta-event-9.jpg  

Thar she blows !!-pta-event-8.jpg  

Thar she blows !!-pta-event-11.jpg  

Thar she blows !!-pta-event-122.jpg  

Thar she blows !!-pta-event-13.jpg  

Old 16th August 2010, 15:53   #970
Senior - BHPian

@Wild card, lovely pics, apart from situations requiring diff locks, how did it perform?

Spike

PS- Don't worry, I've got one made for you. Hope you will get it soon .
Old 16th August 2010, 17:11   #971
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aa_asif View Post
Thar would be a total "YES!!!" from my side if its gonna be anywhere less than 7.5L.
Asif,
That's is being realistic now, unlike before where it was expected to be sold between 5-5.5L.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild_Card View Post
Hi Guys

A few pics of our two South African Thar`s that competed a 4x4 event this past weekend. We did very well but urgently needs a difflock to compete against the big-guns.
Wild_Card,
Nice Pics. and she surely blows!
We need diff locks too here, that too urgently.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPIKE ARRESTOR View Post
@Wild card, lovely pics, apart from situations requiring diff locks, how did it perform?
Spike,
We too need diff locks and hope my set is getting ready too.

Regards,
Old 16th August 2010, 18:09   #972
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPIKE ARRESTOR View Post

Spike

Spike,
The Thar handles very well, the power is great and very responsive - rear wheel travel is excellent and it sounds great (I had the exhaust removed - is coming out the side)

Our next event is mid Sept - I need a locker before then....
Old 16th August 2010, 18:44   #973
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild_Card View Post
Hi Guys

Nice pics , Wild_Card

The power of the NEF CRDe is very visible. Rear axle articulation of the Thar is amazing.

Were you able to clear the ascent in the first two pics without any external assistance?

PS : We also had a 4X4 competition in Chennai, this past weekend :-) The Palar Challenge (TPC10) 2010.

Last edited by Blue Thunder : 16th August 2010 at 18:45.
Old 16th August 2010, 18:54   #974
Senior - BHPian

Wild card, Thanks for sharing these pics and your experience.

Now that we have you here.

Both vehicles seem to have the same, roll cage, wheels and tires, are they standard fitment down in SA?

Is the Bull bar a MM optional accessory?

Also cant you just fit a aftermarket Diff Locks, why does it have to be specially made?
Old 16th August 2010, 19:58   #975
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Thunder View Post
Nice pics , Wild_Card

The power of the NEF CRDe is very visible. Rear axle articulation of the Thar is amazing.

Were you able to clear the ascent in the first two pics without any external assistance?

PS : We also had a 4X4 competition in Chennai, this past weekend :-) The Palar Challenge (TPC10) 2010.
Yes the power is great, but would really.... really like more! But like they say: To much power is just enough...

The first pic was from a progressive obsticle - you get points as far you can drive into the obsticle without touching the barriers. The first 10 points are very easy, max point 60 - but to get the last 60 point, is very tough.. so no did reach the top. The second pic, we did reach the top but did not has enough traction to get over, unfortuntly this was not an progressive one, and we did not get the full 60 points.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronWolf View Post
Wild card, Thanks for sharing these pics and your experience.

Now that we have you here.

Both vehicles seem to have the same, roll cage, wheels and tires, are they standard fitment down in SA?

Is the Bull bar a MM optional accessory?

Also cant you just fit a aftermarket Diff Locks, why does it have to be specially made?
The roll cage is std, but the wheels and rims are not, even the two Thar`s dont have the same mag rims and the tyres we fitted are very different.
We had the bull bar, rear bumper and side steps (not fitted yet) made in South Africa.
I`ve also removed the exhaust, please check the attached pic - the exhaust is coming out just in front of the right rear wheel
Attached Thumbnails
Thar she blows !!-dsc_7882.jpg  

Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks