Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 9th June 2010, 10:41   #556
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKG View Post
Does anyone know if a gearshift extension is readily available for the isuzu gearbox?

Attachment 363902
The new Amby has one since its running isuzu gb, its a simple shifter link assembly.
Old 9th June 2010, 10:59   #557
BHPian

Sirs, I was at a get together last night of around 20-25 people aged between 25-45 who have somewhat of a fair knowledge on cars.. I discussed the Thar with them extensively and most said it would be a fun/ macho vehicle to own, but a hard top with an AC is a must. When I asked them how much they would pay for such a vehicle, they said not more than 7 lakhs on the road.

Just thought I should share this with everyone here.
Old 9th June 2010, 13:29   #558
DKG
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
The new Amby has one since its running isuzu gb, its a simple shifter link assembly.

Thanks Jaggu I need one for an interesting project I am upto
Old 9th June 2010, 13:47   #559
Senior - BHPian

Thar is officially in Mahindra Domestic website

Mahindra Thar - Mahindra
Old 9th June 2010, 14:01   #560
BHPian

Here is the main page: www.mahindrathar.com

Ebroucher is also there and thar is offered in 4 colors.
Old 9th June 2010, 14:54   #561
Senior - BHPian

Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by trammway View Post

Mahindra Thar - Mahindra
Hey Shiva,
Thanks for brining this up man! Iam getting this corrected with immediate effect. That link was supposed to be in International operations tab

THAR India website is not up yet

Quote:
Originally Posted by krishnathanthri View Post
Here is the main page: www.mahindrathar.com

Ebroucher is also there and thar is offered in 4 colors.
This is specific to Europe website.

Last edited by vinod_nookala : 9th June 2010 at 14:59.
Old 10th June 2010, 09:40   #562
BHPian

Sirs, do any of you have some interior pictures of the Thar? I would love to see what the dashboard, door panels, steering and rest look like. I request anyone with interior pictures of the Thar to kindly post them here and oblige.
Old 10th June 2010, 10:04   #563
Senior - BHPian

Power Windows

BD Sir/ Spike / Vinod,

Would there be provision in the wiring harness to fix power windows externally without voiding the warranty.

Cheers
Old 13th June 2010, 08:28   #564
BHPian

Kind attention members from Mahindra

Sirs,

1. If we are to get alloy wheels on the Thar, can we get the same design as displayed in the Auto Expo instead of the ones displayed on the current Thar website?
2. If we are not going to get alloy wheels on the Thar, can we get wheels like the ones on the Military 550s?
3. If we are to get both alloy wheels and steel wheels, could you kindly consider the above two options?
4. Can we have a shorter footboard instead of the long one seen on the Thar now? This footboard is okay for a 4 door Scorpio, but the Thar being a 2 door (no back door on the sides) doesn't need such a long footboard and it also kills the look of the Thar.
Old 13th June 2010, 10:43   #565
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinod_nookala View Post
Hey Shiva,
Thanks for brining this up man! Iam getting this corrected with immediate effect. That link was supposed to be in International operations tab

THAR India website is not up yet

This is specific to Europe website.

Vinod, I thought immediate means on the same day, I could see Mahindra website still proudly presents Thar under Domestic tab.
Old 13th June 2010, 12:12   #566
BHPian

Hi,

I understand that a lot of inputs are being fed into the final product. I want to suggest one too, which is most critical to most if not all.

Please ensure that the front windscreen is foldable as a standard feature on the soft top version.

Thanks!

Yikes
Old 14th June 2010, 12:49   #567
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thar View Post
Kind attention members from Mahindra

Sirs,

1. If we are to get alloy wheels on the Thar, can we get the same design as displayed in the Auto Expo instead of the ones displayed on the current Thar website?- What is displayed on website is Mahindra approved. Auto Expo version wheels will not be there on final product

2. If we are not going to get alloy wheels on the Thar, can we get wheels like the ones on the Military 550s? If you referring to old type wheels then you will not get it as they were negative off set. Will not suit THAR
3. If we are to get both alloy wheels and steel wheels, could you kindly consider the above two options? Not possible for the reasons mentioned
4. Can we have a shorter footboard instead of the long one seen on the Thar now? This footboard is okay for a 4 door Scorpio, but the Thar being a 2 door (no back door on the sides) doesn't need such a long footboard and it also kills the look of the Thar. - Scorpio's foot board is longer is suppose. I agree on looks dilution. But utility of it for ladies is immense.

See my answers in bold above.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yikes6633 View Post
Hi,

I understand that a lot of inputs are being fed into the final product. I want to suggest one too, which is most critical to most if not all.

Please ensure that the front windscreen is foldable as a standard feature on the soft top version.

Thanks!

Yikes
Yikes,
This should be possible in THAR i suppose. But i dont know how the Bolero IP will restrict the movement. DB sir/ Spike, is folding wind screen still possible?
Old 14th June 2010, 13:24   #568
BHPian

Kind attention Mr. Vinod Nookala

Thank you for your quick response as usual, sir, and yes the 550 wheels I mentioned do have a negative offset. It would be very nice if you could post a picture or two of the interiors we will get on the Thar.
Old 14th June 2010, 14:44   #569
Senior - BHPian

Its gone where it belongs to!

Quote:
Originally Posted by trammway View Post
Vinod, I thought immediate means on the same day, I could see Mahindra website still proudly presents Thar under Domestic tab.
Yes, Shiva! Domestic operations will present THAR proudly one day. But for now it is gone. Iam told it was addressed on last friday itself.

@ THar- I dont have a pic for you now. There is nothing to surprise you there. You will have Bolero dashboard. A basic one which can adapt a/c controls and blower. Also please dont be so formal.

Last edited by vinod_nookala : 14th June 2010 at 14:49.
Old 14th June 2010, 17:29   #570
Senior - BHPian

Would love to buy one if its priced around 5-6lacs(on road), i know am asking for too much

when Bolero CRDI is priced at 8lacs,which is known for its basic comfort and bad finish...i dont expect "Thar" to cost below 8:(
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks