Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 14th June 2010, 17:56   #571
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lohithrao View Post
when Bolero CRDI is priced at 8lacs,which is known for its basic comfort and bad finish...i dont expect "Thar" to cost below 8:(
No Sir, the Bolero CRDe is priced at 6.5 Ex-Showroom. The THAR also should be the same price as it will have 4x4 as extra and will be minus things like comfortable seats, hard top and lot of metal. I had given my logic for pricing as well as few pages back
Old 15th June 2010, 12:02   #572
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileCruncher View Post
and will be minus things like comfortable seats, hard top and lot of metal.
Another crucial advantage that the Bolero has, and the Thar wont, is economies of scale. The former has been in production for long, is Mahindra's best selling UV, and manages over 5000 units in most months. The Thar would probably settle down to 10% of that.

I agree with you on the pricing and guesstimate an ex-showroom tag of 6.25 lakhs.
Old 15th June 2010, 12:08   #573
Senior - BHPian

Vinod - pls consider a better dash board design at a marginally higher price. i hope it will come with factory standard a/c.
Old 15th June 2010, 15:05   #574
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Another crucial advantage that the Bolero has, and the Thar wont, is economies of scale. ...
I was thinking about this : this adds an interesting aspect to the whole discussion. While it is true that the EOS may not be there when one considers the whole product (Thar), I think in terms of the sub-components for Thar , the EOS would work, wouldn't it? Just some loud-thinking on my part. May be off the mark here, though. The Thar does take some major/critical components from the existing MM BOM.
Old 15th June 2010, 15:35   #575
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Thunder View Post
I was thinking about this : this adds an interesting aspect to the whole discussion. While it is true that the EOS may not be there when one considers the whole product (Thar), I think in terms of the sub-components for Thar , the EOS would work, wouldn't it? Just some loud-thinking on my part. May be off the mark here, though. The Thar does take some major/critical components from the existing MM BOM.
Agreed and very true. But again the body which is considerable amount of metal will not enjoy EOS.

Please also remember that price of the THAR will be not only the material cost but also overheads and marketing cost. Since the last two ingredients would be high, pricing cannot be exactly comparable to any other M&M product.

But they would need to price it very attractive to make the first inroads and then may increase the price latter.

My 2 paisa gyan
Old 15th June 2010, 16:34   #576
Senior - BHPian

Additions = Delay!

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayan View Post
Vinod - pls consider a better dash board design at a marginally higher price. i hope it will come with factory standard a/c.
Narayan,

The vehicle design is freezed. Vehicle is now going for homologation. Hence dash board re-design is not possible even at higher price. Any redesign at this stage will delay the project. If we get such voices more in numbers as yours we will carry out as a running change in future.

Our priority is to launch this vehicle ASAP as i can sense impatience of THAR prospects to lay their hands on the vehicle
Old 15th June 2010, 17:22   #577
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinod_nookala View Post
Our priority is to launch this vehicle ASAP as i can sense impatience of THAR prospects to lay their hands on the vehicle
Sir, does this include the hard top + AC variant too? If not, how much longer will we have to wait for the AC + hard top variant??
Old 15th June 2010, 22:05   #578
Senior - BHPian

Hi VN,
Now that the Thar is nearing production/ sale, what will MM's policy be regarding
a) Shop manuals and parts catalogues
b) Minor cosmetic modifications
c) Electrical modifications/ add ons

Regards
Sutripta
Old 16th June 2010, 11:51   #579
BHPian

Quote:
Narayan,

As long as it is 90% of the product that it is supposed to be, any upgrades during the running versions sounds pretty acceptable. Are we still thinking 3 months from today or is something being expedited?
Old 16th June 2010, 18:15   #580
Senior - BHPian

regarding dashboard, i won't be surprised if i hear people talking a combination of other m&m vehicles, dashboard is picked from bolero.
that's not a bad thing, but picking up popular features would-be a good idea. i personally don't like bolero dashboard.
Old 17th June 2010, 01:43   #581
BHPian

Quote:
Narayan,

The vehicle design is freezed. Vehicle is now going for homologation. Hence dash board re-design is not possible even at higher price. Any redesign at this stage will delay the project. If we get such voices more in numbers as yours we will carry out as a running change in future.

'Homologation!', This is the word I am seeing over the last 4 months. It's so firmly twined with the Thar. I relate this to a man who is eagerly waiting to become a father (read as owner) of his child (read as Thar) and it takes him a long 9 months.

Patience and the anxiety, (a mix of feelings - how will it be) and the related ups and downs (morning sickness and the frustrations) and finally the feeling of happiness (Launch of the Thar). Ha! the equation above clearly means - Homologation process for another 5 months!

I'm waiting to feel the happiness!
Old 17th June 2010, 13:42   #582
Senior - BHPian

The little kids are back to school after their exams and vacations, the bigger kids are seriously preparing for their EXAMMs*, but where is the THAR ???

*EXAMMs(http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/4x4-ex...-end-june.html)
Old 17th June 2010, 14:24   #583
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Thunder View Post
The little kids are back to school after their exams and vacations, the bigger kids are seriously preparing for their EXAMMs*, but where is the THAR ???

*EXAMMs(http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/4x4-ex...-end-june.html)
The Thar and Legend will be participating in the event. Not as display pieces, but will actively take part.
Old 17th June 2010, 14:29   #584
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tejas@perioimpl View Post
The Thar and Legend will be participating in the event. Not as display pieces, but will actively take part.
Watch out for the THAR, Its off-road performance , though it depends on who is behind the wheel to bag the trophy.
Old 17th June 2010, 14:32   #585
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tejas@perioimpl View Post
The Thar and Legend will be participating in the event....
yes,i know about that, Tejas@perioimpl ...I was referring to the market launch of the Thar.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks