Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 28th May 2010, 11:17   #136
Distinguished - BHPian

I addition to DKGs points, i would suggest remove the antenna from the front and add a trail flag at the back. And a body lift.
Old 28th May 2010, 11:21   #137
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKG View Post
Something like this, did away with the tall tophat look, more like a beret now
Who can say this is the same 540 shell after the transformations.
I have done three 540's all different in looks from each other, yet maintaining the Mahindra character. 540/ 550 is very versatile and receptive to cosmetic changes.
Deepak, the beret looks great but the headroom inside especially at the rear will be lowered should we shorten the B and C pillar.
Old 28th May 2010, 11:46   #138
jp1
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fazalaliadil View Post
Who can say this is the same 540 shell after the transformations.
I have done three 540's all different in looks from each other, yet maintaining the Mahindra character. 540/ 550 is very versatile and receptive to cosmetic changes.
Deepak, the beret looks great but the headroom inside especially at the rear will be lowered should we shorten the B and C pillar.
The extra height of the hardtop version from the windscreen frame edge is spoiling the looks IMO.
Old 28th May 2010, 12:02   #139
DKG
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fazalaliadil View Post
the beret looks great but the headroom inside especially at the rear will be lowered should we shorten the B and C pillar.
Obviously the lowering of the top would require more thought and planning than a 1 minute cut and paste at Paint !!

BTW do you think there's any scope for lowering of the seats to accommodate for a lower top? Further cars feel more stable while driving when you sit lower.
Old 28th May 2010, 13:18   #140
BHPian

Salia, nice job on the rendition of Thar. The bumper really adds a lot to the stance of the vehicle. Perhaps the front indicators can be incorporated into the bumper itself next to the fogs?
Quote:
Originally Posted by salilpawar1 View Post
Raked windscreen - I doubt whether this will ever get implemented in the final production version. A raked windscreen will involve change in the sidedoor and its window design which will increase costs further. M&M has been using the same door for ages. And I don't think they can mass-produce a different design for a niche product. I may be wrong here.
^ Agree totally. I don't think we are going to see any changes in the current body shape as that would involve new tooling. Perhaps some changes in the next iteration (I must be crazy to think of this as we are not even sure when the first iteration of Thar is to be launched).
Old 28th May 2010, 13:53   #141
BHPian

I think the wheels and the tyres transform the look of her completely. ACE!!!
Old 28th May 2010, 14:25   #142
BHPian

Folks, Do we know when this is getting released? The army 550 looks wonderful. The only highlight which draws one to the Thar is the more capable engine. In terms of exteriors, a well crafted 550 has more appeal to me. A parallel thought - Is the Thar going to be back for the buck? If its priced right,it maybe the next big thing for enthusiasts who have a leaning for offroading. Im apprehensive about the road appeal and urban usability of the Thar. I cant say the brand positioning of the Thar makes it lean towards a 360 comfort level across terrains....Lets see. In the interim..let me know if anyone knows the expected price (OTR.
Old 28th May 2010, 14:46   #143
Team-BHP Support

Amazing DKG am nominating you to m&m modifications wing! Seriously am in love with your design!
Old 28th May 2010, 14:54   #144
DKG
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
Amazing DKG am nominating you to m&m modifications wing! Seriously am in love with your design!
Jaggu I do believe the Thar has the potential to look fabulous with some effort. The idea behind this thread is for our collective creativity to throw up ideas that will hopefully inspire guys at M&M.

Vinod we need your help to probably do a presentation within the company to sell the idea of tweaking the detailing on the Thar to make it look gorgeous

Basically here's what I propose

1. Thar Sportz - matt finish paints eg matt olive with matt black genders, weather proof interiors
2. Thar Street - a street Thar with low profile tyres on 20 inch rims, all the bling, ie chrome alloys and the works
3. Thar Classic - regular Thar, what we have but with some more detailing

Last edited by DKG : 28th May 2010 at 15:00.
Old 28th May 2010, 15:17   #145
DKG
Senior - BHPian

ideas for Thar variants

a street truck

Mahindra Thar and the Drool Quotient !!-0909tr_13_z2009_suzuki_equatorstreet_scene_grille.jpg

a sport truck

Mahindra Thar and the Drool Quotient !!-0802_03_b2008_suzuki_equator_quad_conceptfront_three_quarter_view.jpg
Old 28th May 2010, 20:11   #146
SRK
Senior - BHPian

@DKG: Are we allowed to create the Thar with our own creativity or are we supposed to be limited within certain guidelines?

I might try and come out with something if I get some free time from studies currently exams are on.

By the way I like the Matt Green on the Suzuki, looks mean and the design is also very simple.
Old 28th May 2010, 20:23   #147
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRK View Post
@DKG: Are we allowed to create the Thar with our own creativity or are we supposed to be limited within certain guidelines?

I might try and come out with something if I get some free time from studies currently exams are on.

By the way I like the Matt Green on the Suzuki, looks mean and the design is also very simple.
There is, of course, full scope for creativity but we are basically striving for something which can be implemented by Mahindra on its upcoming Thar which will be launched in a few months time.

So, prefarably, no over-the-top modifications and very little or no manipulation with the basic MM540 body.

Cost is the key: The Thar is expected to cost < Rs. 7 lakhs on-road

Hope this helps
Old 28th May 2010, 21:36   #148

Quote:
Originally Posted by jp1 View Post
Can we get this kind of rear seat arrangement? i.e Fold & Tumble Split Rear Seats. If so, the rear passengers can get in through the back door without disturbing the front seat passengers as it has only three doors.
Attachment 356810
More Pictures of Fold & Tumble Split Rear Seat
Old 28th May 2010, 22:06   #149
Senior - BHPian

my 2 rupees!!

some tyre mods
Mahindra Thar and the Drool Quotient !!-thar-swb.jpg
excuse my photo-shop skills.
Old 29th May 2010, 09:54   #150
DKG
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRK View Post
Are we allowed to create the Thar with our own creativity or are we supposed to be limited within certain guidelines?
I am of the firm belief that creativity should never be capped. Do whatever you fancy. Be as creative or wild as you wish to be. Who knows in it may lie the future design of a vehicle.

Somehwere along the line hopefully M&M, and prospective owners will find ideas for enhancing the appeal of the Thar.

So give your ideas full expression, lets see what all we can come up with
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks