Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th November 2011, 14:49   #16
BHPian

Help needed - 1994 Pajero for sale

Dear expert bhpians,

There is a 4*4 Pajero for sale in my area - 1994 model. Its been lying in a garage for quite some time gathering dust - apparently the owner does not have parking space. It had come to the garage for some work. The garage guy who is known to me says that its for sale - 4 lacs. The vehicle is well maintained he says but he advices against buying it since parts are difficult to source. My friend was interested in purchasing it.

The vehicle is in running condition and the body, interiors look good.

We are yet to take a test drive, check the odo readings, check papers etc. But assuming all this is satisfactory few questions below -

1. Should we stay away from it completely - as the garage guy advices - because parts are difficult to source?

2. Is 4 lacs a reasonable price for the vehicle assuming its in proper running condition with minimum work to be done. Should we negotiate?

3. If parts are indeed available, are they too expensive and where in Mumbai would we ideally be able to source them?

4. What common problems do Pajeros of this era generally encounter?

We might test drive the vehicle this weekend and if possible try to post some pics and other details, but before that all the advice and pointers that we should look for before we go ahead would be highly appreciated.

Thanks and Regards,
Nitin
Old 11th November 2011, 16:00   #17
BHPian

Re: Help needed - 1994 Pajero for sale

Just got hold of this thread about a similar vehicle.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/4x4-ve...hi-pajero.html

Will use these comments as my reference for now.
Old 11th November 2011, 16:42   #18
Senior - BHPian

Re: How much to offer for this 1994 Mitsubishi Pajero

Reach out to Ricky_63. He has a lot of experience with old and new Pajeros.

From what I am aware, Pajeros last very long and it's simple construction means that there is not a lot that can go wrong.
The usual culprits would be the 4x4 Tranny, the Clutch, the Engine condition and the Suspension.
Rest, since the vehicle is near the coast, you should look at the Rust situation carefully.

Parts are more or less, available, and are not really exorbitantly priced.
roy_libran is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks