Team-BHP - My Land Rover Defender 110
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   4x4 Vehicles (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/4x4-vehicles/)
-   -   My Land Rover Defender 110 (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/4x4-vehicles/85148-my-land-rover-defender-110-a.html)

Hi! All you Landy lovers,
Finally am able to post some pictures of my Landy on this forum.

The Landy is a 1990 Defender 110 which had a 2.5NA engine which was later swapped for a Defender 200TDI engine.

Got in October 2008 and I am restoring it in stages. I have done the following till date.
1. All Polybush kit all round.
2. Brand new wiring harness incl engine harness.
3. Roverdrive DX Overdrive
4. Transfer Box LT230 Oil cooler.
5. All Turbo hoses/pipes are silicon & SS.
6. ITG performance air filter.
7. Performance tuning for the fuel pump from 103 BHP to
130 BHP.
8. New Exide Deep Cycle Battery.
9. All New wheel bearings.
10. All Brakes have been upgraded to performance grade
with new discs.
11. Power steering kit added ( Needed a few Biryanis to turn it
without the PS.)
12. Many miscellaneous minor upgrades.
13. New water pump.
14. New fuel pump.
15. All other new hoses.
16. New Injectors.
17. New Glow plugs & harness.
18. All brand new OEM LR Seals (Not crappy britpart)
19. New Heavy duty brake servo.
20. New Master & Slave cylinders.
21. New Borg & Beck Defender 130 Heavy Duty Clutch plate.
22. All brand new OEM gaskets.
23. Re-cored 200tdi rad.

Everything used was the original OEM Land Rover spares all sourced from UK directly, as I wanted to keep the defender to its original speck.

Here are a few pictures before I did the part restoration. Here is how the it was when I first got her. Looks good after a good polish by yours truly. Still lot more work like interiors, tyres, rims, Seats & painting to be done, stage by stage. I want to enjoy this passionate project of mine. Not worth doing it one go. My dream is to make it a full fledged expedition vehicle.

Just wish I was in UK, as then all the parts are available off the shelf and cheaper, plus you have guys like Trekoverland who can do it in a week, a full restoration.

Here are a few more pictures. IF any of you defender owners need any info, please free to contact me.

All the above work was done by a very close friend here in Bangalore. A gem of a man & excellent automobile engineer. Without him would have never bought the Landy especially the condition it was kept by the previous owner.!

My Land Rover Defender 110-23.jpg

My Land Rover Defender 110-dscn5400.jpg

My Land Rover Defender 110-dscn5405.jpg

My Land Rover Defender 110-dscn5406.jpg

My Land Rover Defender 110-dscn5407.jpg

My Land Rover Defender 110-dscn5408.jpg

whoa !
thats one sweet looking landy my friend !
LOVE THE COLOR !

Hi Prithvi,

Thats a neat LR you got there. Looks smashing. How much did it cost? And how much did all the parts cost to you?

Regards,
Zorro4X4

Wooow! The color's looking AWESOME!!

Could you post a detailed report on costs experiences etc??

Hi Prithvi,
An absolute beauty this Landy of yours! Love the color though it would be great to have some pics from before you did it up so that we can appreciate your project even better!!

Can you elaborate on the overdrive? Didn't it already come with a 5-speed?

Cheers,
Adi

thats one LR you have got there.
The bay is so clean, hats off to you man!
what make is the TC.?

was the 200tdi scavenged from old LR or brand new.?

thanks for sharing

Prithvi,
I should really admit it, this is the cleanest defender of 90's i have ever seen. I really appreciate the way you are progressing. And the work of your friemd is really Commendable.

Regards,
Shubhendra Singh

Your restoration work is awesome. The engine bay looks cleaner than a new landy! Outstanding work. You have a gem there with you.

Quote:

Originally Posted by garrett_t16 (Post 1973247)
whoa !
thats one sweet looking landy my friend !
LOVE THE COLOR !

thanks.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zorro4X4 (Post 1973249)
Hi Prithvi,

Thats a neat LR you got there. Looks smashing. How much did it cost? And how much did all the parts cost to you?

Regards,
Zorro4X4

A considerable amount.

Quote:

Originally Posted by anilisanil (Post 1973326)
Wooow! The color's looking AWESOME!!
Could you post a detailed report on costs experiences etc??

I will do that once I complete the Landy 100%. have told my daughters to think of a nice name for her/him. Lets see what they come up with. Any suggestion guys?
Quote:

Originally Posted by AVR (Post 1973612)
Hi Prithvi,
An absolute beauty this Landy of yours! Love the color though it would be great to have some pics from before you did it up so that we can appreciate your project even better!!

Can you elaborate on the overdrive? Didn't it already come with a 5-speed?

Cheers,
Adi

Thanks Adil, will check for some old pics, my daughter by mistake deleted a lot of them on my cam. hope they are there on my laptop. Will post if found. Actually I too was looking for the old ones, must check my other laptop. IT came with a 5-speed but the Roverdrive overdrive is a different story, drops the engine rpm by 28% and increase mileage by 22%. Fantastic on highways.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shubhendra (Post 1973764)
Prithvi,
I should really admit it, this is the cleanest defender of 90's i have ever seen. I really appreciate the way you are progressing. And the work of your friemd is really Commendable.

Regards,
Shubhendra Singh

THanks Shubhendra, still a lot of work to do on it as mentioned before. But now I am going to enjoy it. My friend always mentioned that first the Landy has to be 110% mechanically right and roadworthy, rest will follow. Actually just done 200+ Km after the engine swap, need to finish at least 500km for everything to bed/set-in Then she goes back in for another round of all lubricant change and all bolts will be torqued to LR spec. A few rattles here and there will be sorted out. But Hey! whats a landy without a few rattles and they always mark their territory. At least mine does it very little.

Quote:

Originally Posted by zipperone (Post 1974048)
Your restoration work is awesome. The engine bay looks cleaner than a new landy! Outstanding work. You have a gem there with you.

THanks
Quote:

Originally Posted by SirAlec (Post 1973699)
thats one LR you have got there.
what make is the TC.?

was the 200tdi scavenged from old LR or brand new.?

thanks for sharing

Sir Alec, Thanks. This is just the starting, I need to spend more time and money on it. The Def 200TDI was a 2nd hand 90K KM engine (practically brand new)

Saw this in Cubbon Park, one morning last week. I think it was saturday. You might need to look at the corrosion on the door

Hi Prithvi,

A True Blue, Landy, Nice Vehicle and Congratulations.

You List of Upgrades have been very comprehensive, But why not a Land Rover Snorkel and ARB Diff-Locks and a Winch?

Regards,

Arka

Quote:

Originally Posted by ex670c (Post 1974418)
A True Blue, Landy, Nice Vehicle and Congratulations.

Hi! Arka,
Thanks! If I list all my upgrades, it will run into pages. Am 200% sure if my wife sees this she will throw me out of the house!:D

Need to raid a bank or win a lottery.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ajmat (Post 1974287)
Saw this in Cubbon Park, one morning last week. I think it was saturday.

Ajmat, its the same one, all in due course.

Quote:

Originally Posted by SirAlec (Post 1973699)

Sir Alec,
Here is the drive train details.
Defender 200TDI (130 Bhp)
5-speed Gear Box: LT77S
Transfer Box/Case: Lt280
Roverdrive DX Overdrive.

Hope this helps.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prithvi (Post 1974500)
Sir Alec,
Here is the drive train details.
Defender 200TDI (130 Bhp)
5-speed Gear Box: LT77S
Transfer Box/Case: Lt280
Roverdrive DX Overdrive.

Hope this helps.

thats a healthy combo. Have you faced any problems with LT77 5 speeder.?

Hi Pritvi

Thats a nice Landy,it is muscular !!

BTW it needs a good paint job otherwise it is a fantastic drive .

And you decided that you are not gonna let us know the price you bought it for ah?:)

Quote:

Originally Posted by SirAlec (Post 1975330)
thats a healthy combo. Have you faced any problems with LT77 5 speeder.?

Never, at all. Also changed the entire timing belt kit totally forgot to mention it.