Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th August 2010, 10:08   #16
BHPian

JC congrats on another good lookin 4X4!!
Maybe you should start a thread titled
"Jeep Captains 4X4 Garage"
Would be an interesting thread
Old 18th August 2010, 11:31   #17
BHPian

Congratulations Shibu,

The defender is an awesome machine. Hope to see it restored to its glory. You can get in touch with Allan (xtreme power). He knows this machine like the back of his hand.

He would be able to help you with the parts and restoration bit.

All the best.

P.S - I missed meeting you during the Independence day OTR. My JEEP's ill health is preventing me from attending OTRs, looking forward to get the work done asap so that I can join mumbai boys.
Old 18th August 2010, 11:53   #18
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on your new buy.Needless to say, it is a great looking Landy.
Its finally time to ask my god 'MERA NUMBER KAB AAYEGA'
Old 18th August 2010, 13:25   #19
Senior - BHPian

Wow! Congratulations Shibu.
Waiting for some pics of the interiors.
Old 18th August 2010, 13:34   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dippy View Post
Shibu, you lucky lucky guy
Congratulations on getting hold of what is the finest off roader in the world. The front grille etc. tells me that its a newer generation Defender. What all have you planned for her? Some interior pictures are needed too. Under your love and care, I'm sure she will be gleaming as new soon.
Drive safe and hope to see her in her natural habitat soon
Dippy, Thanks a ton mate. I have a big list of things to be fixed and then the list of mods. Will share it in a separate post.
Its a 1987 model. Will post interior pics aswell. But they are not in a good condition at the moment. Yes you will see her in the natural habitat soon.. Right now the Landy is on a big tour from Sikkim all the way to Gods Own Country, Kerala with many restoration/ pit stops in between.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshguy View Post
Jeep captain ,I might be wrong but is this LR from chennai??
Last month i saw a similar LR being towed towards chennai from kanchipuram.
joshguy, Negative buddy.Because this is from Gangtok/ Sikkim and has never moved out of Sikkim /WB. Could be another LR.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyWheels View Post
JC,
That is one wonderful buy you have there, a dream machine.
Congrats!
HappyWheels, Thank you bro.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gypsy-Boy View Post
JC congrats on another good lookin 4X4!!
Maybe you should start a thread titled
"Jeep Captains 4X4 Garage"
Would be an interesting thread
Gypsy-Boy, Thank you so much.Yeah thats a good idea.a thread titled "Jeep Captains 4X4 Garage". Dont know mods here will allow that.

Mods!! can I start a single thread for multiple vehicle ownership experience??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabareesh View Post
Congratulations Shibu,
The defender is an awesome machine. Hope to see it restored to its glory. You can get in touch with Allan (xtreme power). He knows this machine like the back of his hand.
He would be able to help you with the parts and restoration bit.
All the best.
P.S - I missed meeting you during the Independence day OTR. My JEEP's ill health is preventing me from attending OTRs, looking forward to get the work done asap so that I can join mumbai boys.
Sabareesh, Thank you mate.I know Allan has a handfull of Land Rovers and I am already in touch with him.
I am also in touch with Kenden (SirAlec), steroid ( Santhosh) and many other Defender owners outside the forum. I have even LR owner friends in Indonesia, Jordan, UK & Columbia and of course many here in UAE.So with help of all these friends I hope I can rebuild this machine to its glory.

PS- yeah I missed meeting you for Independence day OTR. But Hope to see you soon somewhere for another OTR.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SILVERWOOD View Post
Congrats on your new buy.Needless to say, it is a great looking Landy.
Its finally time to ask my god 'MERA NUMBER KAB AAYEGA'

SILVERWOOD
, Thanks you buddy. As I mentioned earlier "Mera number 15 years ke baad aaya!! So keep looking " Ek din aap ka bi number aayega" All the best for your LR hunt.
Old 18th August 2010, 14:00   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepCaptain View Post
SILVERWOOD, Thanks you buddy. As I mentioned earlier "Mera number 15 years ke baad aaya!! So keep looking " Ek din aap ka bi number aayega" All the best for your LR hunt.
Amin. Insha-Allah mera number bhi jaldi hi aayega.

Thanks for your best wishes.

Regards,

SILVERWOOD (waseem)
Old 18th August 2010, 14:23   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I still remember the first time I drove a Land Rover 90. It was way back in 1995 on a rainy day in June. I had gone to a Garage in Kothamangalam near Cochin to fix the roll cage and metal cabin for my first Gypsy. The previous owner was a rally driver who use to participate in many INRC rally's including the famous Popular Rally. I bought his Gypsy in soft top condition but when I mentioned him about my rally dreams he offered me his roll cage and rally cabin and many more accessories. After finishing the deal I went to his garage to get the rally stuff fixed. While I was getting the Gypsy done the chief mechanic drove in with bright red Land Rover 90. I was so happy to see one Land Rover 90 in real. I was so excited that I couldn't resist asking for a a test drive in that and the mechanic agreed. It had a i4 diesel motor. Wow.. what an experience. The drive lasted for only 6-8 kilometers but the memories lasted for a life time.
Ever since that incident I have been looking out for a Land Rover to buy in India. After getting a job and with the help of internet my search for a Land Rover become more intense,. I kept searching for years and years without any luck. Mean while I bought a Land Rover Discovery in UAE. After using it for few weeks I was so impressed with it which made me more determined to get a LR in India.

Few months back, with help of internet and various automotive forums I located a LR 90 which is in good condition. And to make the long story short on August 15 2010 I became a proud owner of a Land Rover 90 / Defender 90.

Currently It is not in its best condition and requires some rebuild/restoration which makes me even more happy.I am planning to get all the mechanicals fixed first and then to build it up. Regarding the mods, I have some ideas in my mind and will be sharing with you in due course.

Now let me share the pics.

Attachment 408287

Attachment 408288

Attachment 408289

Attachment 408290
Ah! shibu sir congrats up on your new buy , keep on updating the thread buddy
Old 18th August 2010, 14:54   #23
BHPian

Hi Shibu,

It was a pleasure meeting you on over the last week. You're a Rockstar mate.

When you told me about your latest acquisition, I didn't know that it would be this good!! The defender looks phenomenal.

Let me know if you want to exchange it for my RCL Jonga The offer is always open.

Regards,
Prasad
Old 18th August 2010, 14:57   #24
Senior - BHPian

^^ _ Shibu, remind us - the Jonga is not your collection... Is it giving you ideas? Or is it already on your Radar? No one can predict you...
Old 18th August 2010, 15:26   #25
BHPian

A BBC serial called "a 4x4 is born" describes in detail the rebuilding of a LR with a Range Rover V8 engine in a 100 inch LR chasis. There are great visual and verbal narrations on all sorts of details, such as building and mounting a roll-bar, amending the suspension, rebuilding the gearbox etc. Recommended for LR restoration enthusiasts. I am sure restorers of other 4X4s will also find it useful.
Old 18th August 2010, 16:08   #26
BANNED

hey Shibu,

congrats!! saw the pics on fb!

she looks great!! all the best, hope to see you soonn when you are here in delhi. you already have my number..
Old 18th August 2010, 16:57   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by foby.sebastian View Post
Ah! shibu sir congrats up on your new buy , keep on updating the thread buddy
Thanks Foby, Defenitely this thread will be updated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by R32_GTR View Post
Hi Shibu,
It was a pleasure meeting you on over the last week. You're a Rockstar mate.
When you told me about your latest acquisition, I didn't know that it would be this good!! The defender looks phenomenal.
Let me know if you want to exchange it for my RCL Jonga The offer is always open. Regards, Prasad

Prasad
, Thanks a ton buddy. It was great meeting you last weekend. I wish I could accept your offer.Though RCL Jonga is tempting offer.This is a dream come true after 15 years. So I am sorry I will have to say NO to your offer. But if I find another Landy I would defenitely give it to you

Quote:
Originally Posted by svsantosh View Post
^^ _ Shibu, remind us - the Jonga is not your collection... Is it giving you ideas? Or is it already on your Radar? No one can predict you...
svsantosh, do you know mindreading???
If you ask me the answer is yes, I am missing a Jonga in my collection and there are two of them already in my radar since last few months. But unable to grab them until three of my current restorations are done.
Old 18th August 2010, 17:03   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Prasad, But if I find another Landy I would defenitely give it to you
Dear JeepCaptain,

My waiting list no. is 2 here, after prasad.

Am i right in my assumption.?
Old 19th August 2010, 14:48   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by benu9714 View Post
A BBC serial called "a 4x4 is born" describes in detail the rebuilding of a LR with a Range Rover V8 engine in a 100 inch LR chasis. There are great visual and verbal narrations on all sorts of details, such as building and mounting a roll-bar, amending the suspension, rebuilding the gearbox etc. Recommended for LR restoration enthusiasts. I am sure restorers of other 4X4s will also find it useful.
benu9714, Thanks mate. Can you please share the link if you have it.Would be really useful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by saintsinner View Post
hey Shibu,
congrats!! saw the pics on fb! she looks great!! all the best, hope to see you soonn when you are here in delhi. you already have my number..
saintsinner,Thanks bro. Yes I have your number. Hope to see you when I am in Delhi next time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SILVERWOOD View Post
Dear JeepCaptain, My waiting list no. is 2 here, after prasad. Am i right in my assumption.?
SILVERWOOD, Yes are you the second in the list.
Old 19th August 2010, 14:50   #30
BHPian

u lucky boy,
these babies are getting seriously difficult to find
missed you this time

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks