Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Vehicles

Search this Thread
Old 22nd August 2010, 20:42   #46
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Shibu for the defender. A machine that has been a personal favorite of mine since whenever. Did own a 71 90 years ago, restored it to the T and then got conned by a family friend who pestered me to sell it to him. At that time i didnt even know of the term OTR. So i lost something but some day i hope to own a similar machine.

Having said that im getting impatient to seeing this perform in a OTR in my presence.

Im sure you have planned to make this into one heck of a capable off roading monster, personally id colour it in a shade and accessories matching the Lara Croft version.

Land Rover Defender 90  "Go Beyond" - Jeep Captain-lara-croft-landy.jpg

Wowwwwiieeeeee!! (getting goose bumps)
Old 22nd August 2010, 21:43   #47
Senior - BHPian

WHoa Gogi Paaji, the image you have uploaded is a killer. Looks too Brute, i never imagined that this can look so stunning.

Hmmm, i guess this might start many a one to start buying these babies.
Old 22nd August 2010, 22:13   #48
Senior - BHPian

Shibu!
lot of work needs to be done. When i saw it back then it was in tip top shape.
Old 23rd August 2010, 08:40   #49
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-16 View Post
Congrats Shibu for the defender. A machine that has been a personal favorite of mine since whenever. Did own a 71 90 years ago, restored it to the T and then got conned by a family friend who pestered me to sell it to him. At that time i didnt even know of the term OTR. So i lost something but some day i hope to own a similar machine.

Having said that im getting impatient to seeing this perform in a OTR in my presence.

Im sure you have planned to make this into one heck of a capable off roading monster, personally id colour it in a shade and accessories matching the Lara Croft version.

Attachment 411329

100 + with you , A toomb Raider ( + a Lara Croft ? WOW )

Hurry Captain

@ Gogiji This ' Getting Conned ' thing too happened with me ,but in a little different way .

But today AGAIN , I AM ONE PROUD LANDY OWNER ( Listen all who made me sell my first one )

@ Captain , Congrats . Sir you can keep her at Pune it will be easy for you to join OTRs like Lonavala from here ,Its a central place & she will be having a good 'Company ' here & you keep the Lara Croft

@ Gogiji 1 Small doubt , How come you own a 71" wb Landy 90 years ago ?

Yours Sudarshan
Old 23rd August 2010, 10:50   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sudarshan View Post

@ Gogiji 1 Small doubt , How come you own a 71" wb Landy 90 years ago ?

Yours Sudarshan
I guess he meant 71" , 1990 model , (Many) years ago
Old 23rd August 2010, 11:58   #51
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by livyodream View Post
Na na , he must have meant a 1971 model & 90" wheel base, that he restored so many years ago . that sounds logical

Sudarshan
Old 23rd August 2010, 12:38   #52
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desmosedici View Post
Shibu Sir, Very nice pick. So when will the restoration start and when will you be back in Mumbai?
Desmosedici ,Thanks Raj. Restoration is gonna start soon in few weeks time.Will be back in Mumbai when this baby is ready.Will join you guys for OTR's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-16 View Post

Attachment 411329

Gogi, Thanks for sharing the pic.This is exactly in my mind.. Initially I was even thinking of naming this thread "My Tomb Raider Defender"!!

This will be converted to look like the Tomb Raider Edition.But I will not convert it to soft top, will keep it as Hard Top.

Sorry to about your LR story.. Hope you will find another one soon. Regarding the paint I am still contemplating between the Camel Trophy colour and the Tomb Raider colour.

Once is complete I will bring it down to Mumbai for an OTR with you guys and you can see it perform. Just give it few months months time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirAlec View Post
Shibu!
lot of work needs to be done. When i saw it back then it was in tip top shape.
SirAlec. I know. lots to be done to bring her back to glory.

Quote:
Originally Posted by livyodream View Post
livyodream, I am sure Gogi meant to say 71 model LR 90. Those days it was called Land Rover 90 and only after they introduced the LR Dicovery they started calling Defender 90.

Quote:
Na na , he must have meant a 1971 model & 90" wheel base, that he restored so many years ago . that sounds logical
Sudarshan
Sudarshan,
Old 23rd August 2010, 13:50   #53
BHPian

Quote:
100 + with you , A toomb Raider ( + a Lara Croft ? WOW )
Hurry Captain
@ Gogiji This ' Getting Conned ' thing too happened with me ,but in a little different way .
But today AGAIN , I AM ONE PROUD LANDY OWNER ( Listen all who made me sell my first one )
Yours Sudarshan

Sudarshan
, OMG.. another Landy owner got conned by friends! I guess this happened many years back before tbhp and all.
But the Landy you have now is also an amazing machine.Love the colour.

Quote:
@ Captain , Congrats . Sir you can keep her at Pune it will be easy for you to join OTRs like Lonavala from here ,Its a central place & she will be having a good 'Company ' here & you keep the Lara Croft
Thanks for your offer. Well, sounds like a plan. Need to think about it. Do you have a safe parking for one more Landy ? We need to talk.
Old 23rd August 2010, 16:21   #54
BHPian

Some Design Clues

Just to share with you all regarding the final product what I have in my mind.

See these pics of some Defender 90's. I will be borrowing ideas from all these.

Land Rover Defender 90  "Go Beyond" - Jeep Captain-4defender90.jpg.jpeg

Land Rover Defender 90  "Go Beyond" - Jeep Captain-image42.jpg.jpeg

Land Rover Defender 90  "Go Beyond" - Jeep Captain-landrover_defender_90_tomb_raider.jpg.jpeg

I am also looking at Camel Trophy Edition. Yet to finalise whether I want to get a Tomb Raider Edition or Camel Trophy Edition.

Land Rover Defender 90  "Go Beyond" - Jeep Captain-camel-trophy_-land_rover_defender_90.jpg.jpeg
Old 23rd August 2010, 17:23   #55
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepCaptain View Post
Sudarshan,
But the Landy you have now is also an amazing machine.Love the colour.

Thanks for your offer. Well, sounds like a plan. Need to think about it. Do you have a safe parking for one more Landy ? We need to talk.
Come over some day , we will talk

Thanks for compliments,
I work alone , no helper , no outside mechanic. Its a strenus job but the outcome is satisfying.(particularly when people like you compliment) It took a year to put together everything in My way & to my own satisfaction .Thanks Again.

Yours Sudarshan
Old 23rd August 2010, 19:08   #56
BHPian

for those of who drooling over the Landy, there's one for sale in Oman.

1989 Land Rover Defender 110 | Muscat Ads - Free Classified Adverts In Muscat. Oman Classifieds

I have relocated and am now in muscat. Can do a fellow BHPian a favor, just ask.
Old 23rd August 2010, 19:54   #57
BHPian

What engine is your D90 and are you planning to restore the engine or replace it. Details would be nice
Old 23rd August 2010, 22:38   #58
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zipperone View Post
What engine is your D90 and are you planning to restore the engine or replace it. Details would be nice
this one has 4 cylinder diesel. Its naturally aspirated one.
Old 24th August 2010, 09:36   #59
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivshanker View Post
for those of who drooling over the Landy, there's one for sale in Oman.

1989 Land Rover Defender 110 | Muscat Ads - Free Classified Adverts In Muscat. Oman Classifieds

I have relocated and am now in muscat. Can do a fellow BHPian a favor, just ask.
Wow, what a beauty. He is quoting 3900 RO.

Please help.
Old 24th August 2010, 11:50   #60
BHPian

Hi Captain,

What is the image coming in your mind when you are thinking about your Landy or any landy ? I am sure it will not be a modified one with lots of metal pipes(Like our airport taxi sumos) and lights right ? if not just follow your heart.
Land Rover Defender 90  "Go Beyond" - Jeep Captain-12511726.jpg
Land Rover Defender 90  "Go Beyond" - Jeep Captain-defender.jpg

- Sreejesh

Last edited by sreejeshmp : 24th August 2010 at 11:52.

Most Viewed