Dr. A Ghosh
Old 15th September 2010, 15:59   #92
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abheekg View Post
We are all set
regards, Dr. A Ghosh
All the very best Abheek for this trip.
Wish I could join you guys. But I am not getting leave. Waiting for a a detailed travelogue with lots of pics.
Shibu
Old 16th September 2010, 19:59   #93
BHPian

Tashn on Delhi roads

This vehicle is no less than a truck. special thanks to harjeev, jasvinder, sstraveller for the excellent support on day 1. Tomorrow i will be joined by mike and darshan from hyderabad; and madhur from nagpur. i plan to let the 2 vehicles meet tomorrow at performance auto in noida. Drove the defender for about 100kms inside delhi. the gears and brakes are a bit hard, clutch has a lot of play. steering is extremely hard - hence the comparison with a truck. harjeev was very helpful. thank you harjeev. -AG
Old 16th September 2010, 23:44   #94
AVR
BHPian

I have always loved the Defender. Any chance of passing Ahmedabad enroute to Nagpur. Would love to meet up for a quick break if you guys have time! Would be awesome to be able to check out at least one of JC's famed off-roading garage!

Will PM you my cell number so call me if you are.

Cheers
Adi
Old 17th September 2010, 07:29   #95
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVR View Post
I have always loved the Defender. Any chance of passing Ahmedabad enroute to Nagpur. Adi
Since you are at it, why not pass through Hyderabad, I too would love to catch up with you and the LR.
Old 17th September 2010, 07:42   #96
Senior - BHPian

I had he chance to drive the vehicle and fell it for what it is.
The engine is really good and purrs like a cat. I am not sure whether it has turbo or not but definitely other things need quite a lot of work.
Like for example the brakes are a little weak and I would be careful of driving it on the highways. Further the clutch is quite hard. I am sure that Abheek's left thigh muscles would really be well developed by the time he reaches Nagpur.
Not to mention the biceps which I am sure would already be in a good shape with the monster of the lenses that he lugs around will be worked on too with the lac of a power steering. Shibu buddy, my advise that this vehicle needs a PS too.

But man the engine is in a great condition. One can really feel the immense amount of torgue that it has even in the 2nd gear. That coupled with the short wheel base and the bullet proof reliability of the LR Defender, I am sure that it would be a very formidable machine, especially off-road when she's ready.
Shibu, I do not think but I know, that once the work on the LR Defender is complete, this would be your most cherished ride amongst all the vehicles (4x4's) that you have in India.
Congrats again on the great buy buddy!!!
Old 17th September 2010, 10:51   #97
AVR
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fazalaliadil View Post
Since you are at it, why not pass through Hyderabad, I too would love to catch up with you and the LR.
Just checked Google maps. Ahmedabad is not even remotely on the route.

Nevertheless would like to see it someday.
Have a safe trip!
Old 17th September 2010, 15:22   #98
BHPian

what happens when you miss a turn in noida and there are no u turns to go back ?

....... you see a landrover defender climbing over the divider to make a road for itself ! This and lot more on day 2. every experience is being documented photographically.watch out for detailed updates once i reach back. As i write this while gobbling up a McChicken, the 2 vehicles are exchanging plesantries at performance auto. Minor last minute work being done on the truck and the 2 vehicles r being loaded with about half ton of equipment and spares that we have picked up here.

Last edited by abheekg : 17th September 2010 at 15:31. Reason: typo
Old 17th September 2010, 21:25   #99
BHPian

all set

both vehicles ready. we are all set to embark on a photographic road trip with 2 legendary vehicles.
Old 17th September 2010, 21:49   #100
Distinguished - BHPian

Bon voyage, gentlemen! Hope you've got the PUC and lights done.
Old 18th September 2010, 06:03   #101
BHPian

only problem are cops

We fixed everything, picked everybody up and finally started at 2am. Defender is driving like a dream and flattens any and every terrain. First pit stop at UP border 100kms from Agra. Updating from a broadband internet connection of a dhabawala.

Special thanks to Paras aka saintsinner Abhey aka sorcenator for their excellent help in the evening on day 2. You guys rock.

Only problems are cops who are targetting our cargo in the gypsy. Already had to cough out 850/- in total. How to tackle them. We got our cargo covered with one ofd the numerous gypsy soft tops. what else ?

Dr. A Ghosh
Old 18th September 2010, 18:23   #102
BHPian

not a smooth ride

gypsy broke rear right axle and landie had clutch issues. landie back on roads. gypsy still in docks. received excellent help in agra from vishal (tbhp member) who conjured a mec out of thin air who fixed d landie clutch for peanuts. gypsy repairs costing a bomb and the guys very narrowly escaped getting seriously hurt. we r delayed indefinetely , need to chalk out further plan. what do u suggest ? will update more later
Old 18th September 2010, 18:46   #103
Senior - BHPian

Whoa what a trip! I hope the problems with the Gypsy gets sorted out fast!

P.S: Isn't Silverwood aka Waseem also joining you guys for the trip?
Old 19th September 2010, 08:57   #104
BANNED

abheek thats a adventure ride ! how long is this trip? 1000kms ?

Where are the pictures abheek,we need lots of those and keep us updating on the trip ;-)
Old 19th September 2010, 09:12   #105
Senior - BHPian

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/2074708-post12.html

Doc, from Agra, considering the delay, you can contemplate 2 routes:
- via Panna
- via Bhopal

Panna Route:
Agra-(NH3)-Dholpur 60 kms-Morena 20-Gwalior 30-(NH75)-Datia 70-Jhansi 30 (Hotel Sita)-Mornipur 70-Nowgaon 50-Chhatarpur 22 (Chhatarpur Regency)-Bamita 35-(Kajuraho 10)-MTDC Panna Jungle Camp 16-Madla 1 (Panna Tiger Resort)-Yellapanna 19 (Hotel Satyam Palace)-Amanganj 40-Shahnagar 65-NH7 17 kms-Katni 15-Jabalpur 75-Laknadon 100-Seoni 60 (Hotel before bypass)-MPTDC Rookad Jungle Camp 37-Kamptee 90-Nagpur 20

Bhopal Route:
Agra-(NH3)-Dholpur 60 kms-Morena 20-Gwalior 30-Shivpuri 115 (Hotels)-GUna 100 (Hotels)-Vijaipur 35 (Hotel Metro Resort)-Biaora 70-(NH12)-Bhopal 100-Obaidullaganj 35-Hoshangabad 40-Itarsi 20-Betul 90-Nagpur 175

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks