Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th September 2010, 15:35   #1
BHPian

Help needed for installing a rear tow hook on Ford Endeavour

Hello friends, i am stuck in a peculiar problem, but i know you guys can help me in this.
The thing is that i have New Ford Endeavour and i take off-road quite regularly, but one thing is always bothering me while offroading that the Endeavour does not have a rear tow hook, i feel the ford guys have omitted a very important thing on an off-road vehicle. I am trying to figure out a way to install a rear tow hook on my endeavour but because the chassis at the rear end is higher than the rear bumper and also it ends at quite a distance from the rear bumper it is becoming quite a difficult task to come out with an idea to do so.
So guys Help me with some ideas.

Last edited by bblost : 13th September 2010 at 17:49. Reason: Please refer the forum rules. Smileys are restriced to 2 per post. Thanks.
Old 13th September 2010, 16:03   #2
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

you may want to read through this Forum and the various posts and pictures that appear in it. This should give you some insights.
Where to mount tow hooks with grill guard - Ford Explorer Ranger Enthusiasts "Serious Explorations"®
Old 15th September 2010, 12:35   #3
BANNED

Hi Gill22 please upload some pics of the endy's rear section so that we can help.

BTW if you do OTR offten then why not buy a Jeep/Gypsy or Thar !
Old 26th September 2011, 09:16   #4
BHPian

Re: Help needed for installing a rear tow hook on Ford Endeavour

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gill22g View Post
The thing is that i have New Ford Endeavour and i take off-road quite regularly, but one thing is always bothering me while offroading that the Endeavour does not have a rear tow hook.
Hey guys sorry to bring up an old thread but I too have a ford Endeavour and want to get a rear tow hook installed. Gill22g, I was wondering if you ever did get that tow hook installed and how you did it. Help would be much appreciated! I've taken my Endeavour on the beach several times and want to do a bit more than that. Rear tow hooks might come in handy more than once.

Shankar that link you posted is no longer working for me for some reason. Any further insight you may have with regard to this issue would be very appreciated.

Thank you.

- Vishnu
Old 26th September 2011, 09:32   #5
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

sorry man that link appears to have disappeared from the web
unfortunately I have no other insights to share on this subject.
trawl the web and Im sure something will be available for your ref.
cheers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endeavour333 View Post
Hey guys sorry to bring up an old thread but I too have a ford Endeavour and want to get a rear tow hook installed. Gill22g, I was wondering if you ever did get that tow hook installed and how you did it. Help would be much appreciated! I've taken my Endeavour on the beach several times and want to do a bit more than that. Rear tow hooks might come in handy more than once.

Shankar that link you posted is no longer working for me for some reason. Any further insight you may have with regard to this issue would be very appreciated.

Thank you.

- Vishnu
Old 26th September 2011, 09:42   #6
BHPian

If I am not mistaken the Endy does have a screw on tow hook at the rear of the vehicle (driver side)behind the bumper. I think you need to remove the bumper to locate it. You should check the owners manual to confirm this.
Old 27th September 2011, 14:22   #7
BHPian

@ gill 22g,
bro u need to take off the rear bumper and see if u can weld or screw on a heavy duty plate to chassis and then align it with the bumper , next step would be to drill holes and fit the hook or an alternate would be to post the pics of the rear without
the bumper for a better advice from the experts.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks