Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Vehicles

Search this Thread
Old 23rd September 2010, 12:31   #31
BHPian

Hi saint sinner congrats on your purchase. Just wanted to ask have you been looking around for a 1.3 gypsy MPFI engine? How rare are these beautiful engines to find? IMHO i really think for starts you should stick to a 1.3 (carb or MPFI) engine for your new gypsy.
Old 23rd September 2010, 13:23   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saintsinner View Post
Vaibhav, what piper cam are you referring here? any link/model no?
Home - Piper Cams - Europe's leading manufacturer of performance camshafts is the website for Piper Camshafts.
Try and look around and you will find it. I am on the move now and will try and get the part number when I access my PC.

Cheers
Old 23rd September 2010, 13:26   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by krishnathanthri View Post
karizma9292: You are really lucky. Hope the engine is in good condition.
I spent 20k just to Rebore my old 410 Engine.

Regards,
Krishna Thanthri

It was checked by a close friend of mine , he claims its in good condition but then i'l just cross my fingers and hope its in good condition . Will be recieving it in a few days.

Last edited by karizma9292 : 23rd September 2010 at 13:28.
Old 23rd September 2010, 14:51   #34
BANNED

Vaibhav,

I tried that yesterday. the only one in suzuki is of the swift GTI. I am curious, what advantage would an aftermarket camshaft provide.

Thanks Amrisharm, i am really on the hunt for an MPFI king engine.

Sugan, you got a good deal if the engine is good, but till you don't start it you wouldn't know. keep an eye out for sensor error messages. All the best with the wiring, i have heard its a pain even from the best tuner from north india.
Old 23rd September 2010, 17:18   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saintsinner View Post
Sugan, you got a good deal if the engine is good, but till you don't start it you wouldn't know. keep an eye out for sensor error messages. All the best with the wiring, i have heard its a pain even from the best tuner from north india.
Thanks man , i have kept my fingers crossed till i start the engine , Allan and mexxentric have done it so im confident about it . My mechanic happens to be a classic car restorer and he is confident about it . Saw a gypsy which he had done which is fitted with toyota 2c which runs like factory fit vehicle.
Old 23rd September 2010, 17:46   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karizma9292 View Post
Thanks man , i have kept my fingers crossed till i start the engine , Allan and mexxentric have done it so im confident about it . My mechanic happens to be a classic car restorer and he is confident about it . Saw a gypsy which he had done which is fitted with toyota 2c which runs like factory fit vehicle.
Even me keeping the fingers crossed for you as somethings running in my mind too. update us ASAP on the transplant.
Old 24th September 2010, 12:41   #37
BHPian

@saintsinner : just out of curiosity, which rallies do you plan on participating in?

Because if it's the INRC, i don't think the allow anything other than stock vehicle(with minor upgrades allowed like exhaust muffler).

But yes, all the engine upgrades you are talking about can be utilized in rallies such as desert storm, raid-de-himalaya, sjoba?, etc.

So please take that into consideration before you do any engine swap and such.

Also, i wonder if the vehicle is legal/road worthy after an engine swap. Generally it is illegal to swap chassis or engine of a vehicle. It might be different in case of old military vehicles sold to civilians, but please check before you go for any swap.
Old 24th September 2010, 13:28   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by livyodream View Post
Even me keeping the fingers crossed for you as somethings running in my mind too. update us ASAP on the transplant.
Thanks man . but there is one problem im facing . No gypsy yet to put the engine in . Looking for a low cost 410w . Let me know if you know any
Old 24th September 2010, 15:09   #39
BANNED

not planning for INRC. events like DS, sjoba, raid are on my list.
Old 25th September 2010, 17:08   #40
Senior - BHPian

@saintsinner:
Congrats on your acquisition Paras. I couldn't help but wanted to clarify that Is this vehicle a birthday gift . I notice the proximity in dates with your profile.
Anyways belated happy birthday!!!

The vehicle looks to be and is in a really neat and good shape. Also where are you getting it registered, Zira?
Keep us updated with the mods and restoration process.
Cheers
Old 26th September 2010, 00:19   #41
BANNED

Hello Harjeev, thanks for the wishes. i know it is quite close, as a matter of fact the vehicle reached noida on my birthday itself. you may call it a self gifted birthday present. the vehicle was delayed well over a month as the bhatinda auction was cancelled and the patiala auction just took place. my dealer just had the gypsies from the earlier auction in bhatinda (the three gypsies together). once he was forced into selling the vehicle to me, it was friday night already (17th sep).. 18th being a saturday i could not pick it up. i had my birthday party with my colleagues on saturday night and slept at around 3 AM. woke up at 5:30 AM and left for Mansa with my mom on the 19th Sep. we had a driver to drive so i just relaxed on the back seat. couldn't sleep and i can't sit in front either. there were a lot of tempting billboards we were passing by in the afternoon. Mom was wide awake, so couldn't stop.

reached Mansa at 2, close the deal and left at 4:30. stopped a little bit before ratti to eat as we had been hungry since morning. ideal time for me to get a smoke, but no marlboro's. had to manage with a red and white. the gypsy started from Mansa at about 8 PM being towed by a Tata 207 recovery van. we reached noida at around 11 PM. the gypsy was supposed to arrive at around 2 AM. i waited till 3AM and came to know that they just started from rohtak after a break. the gypsy finally reached noida at 5:30 AM on 20th Sep.

Coincidence yes. destiny maybe. lets see what the future holds.

Thanks all.

and yes, its getting at PB 47 no. Harjeev, the Mansa guy charged 12K

Last edited by saintsinner : 26th September 2010 at 00:21.
Old 26th September 2010, 05:59   #42
Distinguished - BHPian

For a moment I thought the towed Gypsy reached Noida by 11pm after starting at 8pm....whew .... till I read the next few sentences.
Old 26th September 2010, 12:28   #43
BANNED

so, on tuesday i opened up a few things and packed it up for a little while
Attached Thumbnails
Building My Gypsy-21092010095.jpg  

Building My Gypsy-21092010097.jpg  

Old 28th September 2010, 14:00   #44
BHPian

Hi Paras

Congrats on your Gypsy. You have waited a long time for this!

I have some Gypsy bits lying around which I want to get rid of. Let me know if you are intrested.

Can PM you the details.

Cheers
Ankit
Old 28th September 2010, 15:33   #45
BANNED

Hi Ankit,

have a waited a long time indeed, i just hope it was worth the wait. the vehicle goes for preparation 1st week of October. Where? that is not so clear yet

let me know what parts you have available with you. PM me with what you got, if they are on my list you are less than a kilometer away.

Most Viewed