BANNED

the gypsy is at the workshop now.
Old 5th October 2010, 13:29   #47
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saintsinner View Post
the gypsy is at the workshop now.
Hey Paras,
Where are getting the vehicle restored I might be in Noida sometime this weekend and would like to have a looksey at the vehicle...
Also please do share your plans with the vehicle. How have you planned to restore the Kingcarb? Would you keep it stock or make it a rally prepared vehicle with rollcage, rally seats, seat harness, cabin, etc??
Cheers

Last edited by harjeev : 5th October 2010 at 13:32.
Old 5th October 2010, 15:43   #48
BANNED

Hi Harjeev,

I am getting the work done at Aman's. it took me well over 6 months visiting workshops, looking at their builds, analyzing etc etc. In the end i was left with 2 tuners. I chose Aman as he has experience with Army Disposals, is an active participant and understands one's need very well.

Nothing major will be done now as Aman will be leaving for RDH. Only the bodywork (denting) will take place in his absence. It will be complete restoration with a King MPFI engine. Complete rally preparation sir.
Old 5th October 2010, 16:51   #49
Senior - BHPian

This is great Paras. I always wanted to visit Aman's workshop. Though I've met him a couple of times in Mayapuri, I haven't really got a chance to visit his workshop as yet.
Now it seems that I have the reason to do so. Will surely catchup with you and Aman in the near future.
Also I would eagerly be looking forward to updates on this project.
Cheers mate
Old 15th October 2010, 04:18   #50
BANNED

So, here we go - the work has started. i see another disposal being restored everyday and my my, i am impressed.

here are some pics. i'll start with the stock vehicle at Mansa and the 2nd and 3rd pics is the restoration work in progress. i'll keep this thread updated with the progress.
Attached Thumbnails
Building My Gypsy-19092010075.jpg  

Building My Gypsy-14102010201.jpg  

Building My Gypsy-14102010203.jpg  

Old 17th October 2010, 09:58   #51
BANNED

Went to Mayapuri on saturday to look for an MPFI engine, spent good 6 hrs there, by the time i was back i was covered in dust. I love to take pictures, here are some -
Attached Thumbnails
Building My Gypsy-16102010206.jpg  

Building My Gypsy-16102010207.jpg  

Building My Gypsy-16102010208.jpg  

Building My Gypsy-16102010209.jpg  

Building My Gypsy-16102010210.jpg  

Building My Gypsy-16102010211.jpg  

Building My Gypsy-16102010212.jpg  

Old 17th October 2010, 15:28   #52
Senior - BHPian

if anybody goes there next time. Inquire how much a working 713 cost.

thanks

Old 18th October 2010, 10:37   #53
Senior - BHPian

@saintsinner
Buddy what part of Mayapuri is this. I have been there numerous times but have never visited the place that's where these pictures have been taken.
Please elobrate
Thanks
Old 18th October 2010, 12:47   #54
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saintsinner View Post
Went to Mayapuri on saturday to look for an MPFI engine, spent good 6 hrs there, by the time i was back i was covered in dust. I love to take pictures, here are some -
Hi there Saintsinner, so did u find any 1.3 gypsy mpfi engines out there? if so can u give details like condition, price and all please.
Old 18th October 2010, 21:36   #55
BANNED

Harjeev, this is the Gas factory in Mayapuri. This is where all the cutting work takes place. My dealer from Mansa has one of his godown's here.

And yes, i picked up my engine today. I was supposed to give you a call Harjeev, but the place i such a mad house i can't tell. Will catch up when we can actually sit and chat.

all i can tell about my engine is that its a 2007 model, done about 26K Kms, taken off a civilian vehicle infront of me as he was a getting a diesel. I paid a token amount on Saturday and said i will pick it up on Monday. Today the engine dealer says take double of your token money and don't buy the engine. i refused and he demanded a little extra as he didn't know the real value of the engine as he usually sells it on to further dealers in Mayapuri. After some arguments and getting some of my Mayapuri contacts together, deal was closed at what it was decided on Saturday.

Gypsy MPFI engines are rare to find in Mayapuri, the other one i found was a 2000-2002 model, no details whatsoever and the demand was actually more than my engine. then the guy was yapping that almost all rally drivers take engines from him and some enthusiasts also come to him. He asked me if i was building a rally gypsy, i said no. Now i know why his price was so high

The going price for these engines are anything between 35-45K for a 2000-2004 model. This is including ECU, excluding Wiring and sometimes even the self and alternator.

Mayapuri is a not a easy place, people will try to take every buck out of you. It's important you know atleast one honest person and then everything falls in place.
Old 7th November 2010, 02:17   #56
BANNED

so, here are the latest updates -

Engine - Sourced
Mechanicals - All Done
Differential Strengthening - Done
Under body Anti Rust - Done
Chassis Paint - Done
Twin Shocks - Done

Here are some pics -

Old Engine Removed -
Building My Gypsy-old-engine-1.jpg
Building My Gypsy-old-engine-2.jpg

New Engine - December 2007, 26000Kms Euro 3
Building My Gypsy-new-engine-1.jpg
Building My Gypsy-new-engine-2.jpg

Engine Bay -
Building My Gypsy-engine-bay.jpg

Gear Box & 4X4
Building My Gypsy-gear-4x4.jpg

Front Differential -
Building My Gypsy-front-diff-1.jpg
Building My Gypsy-front-diff-2.jpg
Building My Gypsy-front-diff-done.jpg

Rear Differential -
Building My Gypsy-rear.jpg

Body Front -
Building My Gypsy-front.jpg
Old 7th November 2010, 09:13   #57
Distinguished - BHPian

That custom mount on the front diff looks very interesting. This will be for the twin shocks right?

When you have time, post some more pictures of that setup
Old 7th November 2010, 19:58   #58
BANNED

@khan, will do, have to get the complete pics, there are brackets added to the chassis as well.
Old 7th November 2010, 20:36   #59
BHPian

@ saintsinner - Congrats on your purchase. Looking forward to your restoration journey.

@ all - how much does gypsy king mpfi engine differs from esteem mpfi engine? As far as I know, ecm and cam are definitely different.
I ask this because esteem mpfi engines are available dime a dozen. Last I inquired at meerut they were going around 8k without ecm and wiring. Wont it make better economical sense to plonk in an esteem engine and go for racing dynamic ecm (is it a standalone or piggy back? anyone know?) and piper cam?

Any comments on this?

cheers
vishwas
Old 8th November 2010, 03:55   #60
BANNED

Thanks Vishwas.

About the Gypsy MPFI vs. Esteem MPFI - The physical appearance of both the engines are totally different. I have seen both side by side and one can tell the difference. My first priority has been reliability, hence the Gypsy King MPFI Engine, some mods are planned, but the parts are all MGP

Most Viewed