Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Vehicles

Search this Thread
Old 23rd September 2010, 16:32   #1
BHPian

Miki's WarHorse - The BaZUKa!!

Hey all

I am MIDHUN,l live in trivandrum, settled in cochin Kerela. I am a web designer/graphic designer by profession .

My Passion towards automobiles started when i was a kid, got a small background as my Grandpa was a GP rider & my uncle was a national rally rider. So quite natural that i got the same phobia. But i was into motocross all the time. It started with the bikes & later ended up in gypsy, which is my dream machine from childhood. Being a hardcore dirt rider i always like myself getting dirty, love mud bath, the jumps, which i later have to retire due to back injury, it was hard for me to do that. But i didn't have a choice, retiring from the track made me mad, sick& lonely. My parents never allowed me to touch a bike then, my next step was to go for a four wheeler . But i dont like cars as my ride, nothning more to think my dream machine Gypsy the vagabond.

I sold my 3 bikes & collected all the cash i got & from the bank, my plan was to build a rally gypsy, but my fund was too low to get a 413. As i am from a middle class family dont have that much in my pocket. Anyways i started my gypsy hunt, my plan was to get a good 410W, travelled many places places searching for a good gypsy as i am from kerela its hard to get a civilian gypsy in here as the vehicle is rare & much of the gypsies which i have came across were running on L.P.G which i hate!! Feeling frustrated i was tired of my hunt.

One fine morning wen i was going through the papers i saw an ad in the classifieds that a gypsy is for sale, i called the number & fixed an appointment. He was quoting 1.80L for a 95 model wide track,which was too much!!

Anyways letz giv it a try! i went to see the gypsy. When i reached the place i saw a beautiful sexy lady parked near the road, mayen!! it was love at first sight. I began to run around her admiring her beauty. I was excited & was dancing with joy!! ohh sorry !! got carried away!!.

I called the owneragain & he came out of his office ,to my surprise he was a friend of mine cristy. We were surprised to see each other he told me he has spent a lot of money on this beauty & as he is forced to sell her as he is leaving abroad & no place for her in the garage. He told me he is happy to give her to me as shes on safe hands & he promised me to give her back when he wanted. I smiled at him didn't responded as i dont have plans to sell her at all . Anyways settled the deal for 1.35l. He gave me the keys & i started the engine she was ok but running on a bad clutch & bad exhaust & the engine was also weak!, which made a lot of noice, i lit a cigratte in relief & enjoyed the ride.

Everybody was looking at the lady in red as i was cruising through the city, i reached home my mom was surprised to see the LADY IN RED, & in the evening i took her to the beach with my friend & on returning home late night my acclerator cable broke. Disaster struck i have to call my mechanic & he took her to the garage, & i went back home dissapointed in an auto
Attached Thumbnails
Miki's WarHorse - The BaZUKa!!-pop.jpg  

Miki's WarHorse - The BaZUKa!!-uiy.jpg  

Last edited by GTO : 30th September 2010 at 11:24. Reason: Strongly suggest you to take time composing posts with proper punctuation and posting after a proof read. Thanks.
Old 23rd September 2010, 17:06   #2
BHPian

The next day got her serviced changed all the fluids & replaced all brake pads. Now she is ready to go anwhere. She was running on mrf zigma 215. I ordered auto mech exhaust form petes. The power was not much to satisfy me as the previous owner was running her on L.P.G.i mean (the owner before cristy). The pistons were weak soi reworked the engine & upgraded with oversized pistons & slapped a Green cotton wind filter.

After my engine overhauling shes was really charged & behaving like a wild horse. I started enjoying her & within a few weeks i get to know her. I started knowing & she got suited to my driving style. I happened to meet Abraham tharakkan, Sundeep g nair,& roy(gypsy owners) fellow bhpian through orkut. We met one sunday on the beach shared some ideas,& planned to start a gypsy club . But as you guyz know gypsies aint common so we waited long but just 4 gypsies. Finally we thought of starting a 4x4 club which later came to know as TEAM 4X4 XTREME,KERELA. To our surprise we were accompained by 4 jeeps & the small club began to grow.

We have done small offroading trips within Kerela. As we were busy building our steeds for extreme offroadding we couldnot attend big otrs & we live in the end of kerela were there is not much terrain. We have done small offroading trips within trivandrum & some places near. As we were busy building our steeds for extreme offroadding we couldnot attend big otrs & we live in the end of kerela were there is not much terrain. Besides work jobs was a burden to us. Getting leave was always a big problem.

We know about team team bhp from long, but getting a membership was not that easy. Finally after continous effort we got membership in teambhp !! the feeling was amazing went through all the amzing threads & stated to build my own ZUKTHE BAZUKA, a complete different vehicle, should be one of kind, powerful, reliable, shared my ideas with my friend & my mechanic & came out with this plan now it was my dream to build my own 4x4 MONSTER!!

Like every offroadders dream to build his beast i went through all the wonderful & superb threads & fixed my plan. I would like to thank team bhp for all its support. Arka,Jeep captain,khan sultan,Allan ,Sreejith,Viji ,Devang, Harjeev....its a long list. You guyz have done a fabulous jobs!!.

This build up is about 2 years in the making, as i am leaving the country soon because of my job. My gypsy will be with my mechanic sijo & my friend Abraham Tharakan, & i can be back only after two years, and pieced everything together slowly, it may take some time but quality is the key. As you all know slow & steady wins the race. Before i go i thought of starting this thread, it will be updated by my friend tharakan who will be supervising the project. It may take some time to update but i think she will come out really well. I need all your feedbacks to make my dream MONSTER ALIVE!!

regards MIKI

about my project -
A true one of a kind offroader that suits my personality

THE PLAN...

1.MODIFIED ENGINE....1.6 baleno WITH 5 SPEED GEARBOX
2.CUSTOM FFE ,
3.GREEN STORM AIRFILTER WITH SNORKEL
4.DRIVERS COCKPIT METAL ROOF WITH EXTRENALROLLCAGE ,BLACKCOLOUR
5.REAR ROLL BAR & STEPENY MOUNT
6.CUSTOM FRONT & REAR BUMPERS WITH TOW HOOKS
7.SHACKLE LIFT+REAR OVERHANGING CHOPED
8.ROCKSLIDERS

8.OFFROADSHOCK RANCHO SHOCKS
9.REAR CFLS
10.AUTO GUAGES RPM METER WITH PILLAR SHIFT LIGHT
11.SPARCO OR MOMO SEATS WITH SEAT BELTS
12.POWER STEERING WITH MOMO STEERING WHEEL

13.WARN LIGHTS(spotlights),KC LIGHTS ON ROOF WITH GUARD
14.STEEL RIMS WITH NEGATIVE OFFSET
15.MAXXISBIGHORNS 235/75R15 OR TREPADORS
16.HIGH LIFT JACK
17.GARMIN GPS
18.MUSIC SYSTEM
19.SKIDPLATES,TRANSFERCASE GUARD & FUELTANK GUARDS

20.BODY COLOUR-PASSION RED -WITH BLACK COMBO
21.CUSTOM SOFT TOP

here are a few pics of my baby!! NJOY
Attached Thumbnails
Miki's WarHorse - The BaZUKa!!-yui.jpg  

Last edited by Jaggu : 23rd September 2010 at 19:36. Reason: Please use proper punctuations, it helps with readability. Thanks
Old 23rd September 2010, 17:09   #3
BHPian

Nice buy my friend , Congrats . Red colour is like the colour was found just for the gypsy . Condition looks very neat. Keep us updated on your mods .
Old 23rd September 2010, 17:19   #4
BHPian

i am sorry something went wrong!! njoy the pics!!
Attached Thumbnails
Miki's WarHorse - The BaZUKa!!-19072009773.jpg  

Miki's WarHorse - The BaZUKa!!-29032009573.jpg  

Miki's WarHorse - The BaZUKa!!-29032009578.jpg  

Miki's WarHorse - The BaZUKa!!-engine-blow.jpg  

Miki's WarHorse - The BaZUKa!!-21072009792.jpg  

Miki's WarHorse - The BaZUKa!!-img_1100.jpg  

Miki's WarHorse - The BaZUKa!!-opi.jpg  

Miki's WarHorse - The BaZUKa!!-wild.jpg  

Miki's WarHorse - The BaZUKa!!-kki.jpg  

Old 24th September 2010, 11:30   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karizma9292 View Post
Nice buy my friend , Congrats . Red colour is like the colour was found just for the gypsy . Condition looks very neat. Keep us updated on your mods .
thanks karizma9292 .Got my king gear box yesterday !! off to the garage this sunday!! .
Old 24th September 2010, 13:25   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miki View Post
thanks karizma9292 .Got my king gear box yesterday !! off to the garage this sunday!! .
Cool . Is it gonna be a 1.0litre with 5-speed GB or engine swap . Miki i guess your roll cage should be a little thick (correct me if im wrong)

Last edited by karizma9292 : 24th September 2010 at 13:26. Reason: gramatical error
Old 24th September 2010, 16:35   #7
BHPian

Congrats Miki, that's a very nice looking gypsy.
Old 24th September 2010, 23:16   #8
Senior - BHPian

congrats MIDHUN!!

your gypsy looks really good.
BTW is the graphic-design yours?
Old 25th September 2010, 07:45   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Hey all
i saw a beautiful sexy lady parked near the road, mayen!! it was love at first sight. I began to run around her admiring her beauty.
Congratulations. Your 'Lady in red' sure looks a head-turner.
Old 25th September 2010, 08:49   #10
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
...8.OFFROADSHOCK RANCHO SHOCKS
Will they be of stock size or of different size to increase travel? If long, then you would need to change the mounts also -- do plan for it in detail as it is a not a trivial job.

Also, get rid of the stabilizer bar. It's useless and restricts the articulation.

Quote:
11.SPARCO OR MOMO SEATS WITH SEAT BELTS
12.POWER STEERING WITH MOMO STEERING WHEEL
mmmm... personal choice but go with some GOOD car/innova/MUV seats. Best investment for comfort in back breaking Gypsy & OTRs.

IMHO, if the steering is setup correctly, there is NO need for a power steering. Save that money and spend it elsewhere.

Quote:
13.WARN LIGHTS(spotlights),KC LIGHTS ON ROOF WITH GUARD
Toooooooooo expensive. Same result can be achieved in a tiny fraction of a cost. See Samurai CJ340 thread for details

Last edited by khan_sultan : 25th September 2010 at 08:50.
Old 25th September 2010, 21:42   #11
BHPian

you are near to your dream!!

Congrats buddy. You dont have to worry about anything as there are enough experts here in bhp, who can guide you. Only thing is that you take wise decisions on time. Make it worth. Nice project.

All the best with your dream project.

Cheers!!
Old 26th September 2010, 00:37   #12
Senior - BHPian

Bhai!
1.35 lac is a indeed a steal.

congratulations.
Old 28th September 2010, 12:57   #13
BHPian

I think I saw this Gypsy day before or or a day before that. I think I had overtaken you or vice versa. It looked good. Have seen the Willys in the pic also parked a few days ago close to where I am at.

You got to be kidding me saying there are not too many places to offroad in Kerala!
Old 28th September 2010, 21:59   #14
BHPian

Thank you for all your response. I would be taking over the thread from here as miki has left to find vitamin M for the above mods. The gypsy is off to the garage but before that we did take our beauties for a spin in the city. it was in the evening and we had the flee the spot as we were getting too much of attention
Attached Thumbnails
Miki's WarHorse - The BaZUKa!!-25092010090.jpg  

Miki's WarHorse - The BaZUKa!!-25092010089.jpg  

Miki's WarHorse - The BaZUKa!!-25092010086.jpg  

Miki's WarHorse - The BaZUKa!!-25092010085.jpg  

Miki's WarHorse - The BaZUKa!!-25092010081.jpg  

Old 29th September 2010, 10:37   #15
fk7
BHPian

hi tharakan/miki,

Can you tell me what size geolanders do you have there on the vehicle? and I can see that the alloys have disappeared. Is this the current avatar of the vehicle and what are planned modofications?

Firoz

Most Viewed