Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th April 2011, 21:40   #196
Senior - BHPian

Re: I found The Hulk - WILLYS CJ3B

Shubz,
Gear Knobs, grease cup, air cleaner boot, and (bonus) 2 hole aux. gear shift boot, if you need them let me know.
Also make your own plug, distributor to coil leads, take a good quality cable and cut as required also get a clamp to hold them together. Later I added rubber suppressors to the spark plugs.

Anything else?
Regards,
I found The Hulk - WILLYS CJ3B-3b-eng.jpg

I found The Hulk - WILLYS CJ3B-int.jpg
Old 18th April 2011, 22:44   #197
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fazalaliadil View Post
Shubz,
Gear Knobs, grease cup, air cleaner boot, and (bonus) 2 hole aux. gear shift boot, if you need them let me know.
Also make your own plug, distributor to coil leads, take a good quality cable and cut as required also get a clamp to hold them together. Later I added rubber suppressors to the spark plugs.

Anything else?
Regards,
Gear Knobs, grease cup is a sure yes. Gear shift boots I got from the US, so I am fine with them. Looking for Original Speedometer as well. (this did not originally come with the meter cluster I guess). Appreciate your help Fazal sir.
Old 19th April 2011, 07:51   #198
Senior - BHPian

Will surely send it across. The original meters with the Jeep and Mahindra logo together, are not available anywhere.
Welcome and Regards,

Last edited by fazalaliadil : 19th April 2011 at 07:55.
Old 19th April 2011, 15:48   #199
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPIKE ARRESTOR View Post
Did they really say it is a recommended procedure?
Yes Whitefield Honda insisted and even argued with me! At the end of the day they were the ones responsible for 6 months warranty so i told them to do whatever they want, so that they are responsible!
Old 19th April 2011, 20:47   #200
Senior - BHPian

Had a trial drive today amidst lots of "domestic" engagements. Went on a long drive on kanakapura road. Hulk just sails! Amazing engine response. A few niggling vibrations which is fine.

But... Ran into a small issue!

Suddenly the vehicle started shuddering/sputtering/choking and stalling. Crank the engine again and move a few yards and the same thing repeated. The AC pump wasn't drawing fuel. It was drawing fine all the time during the standing run-in.

Pulled the switch to actuate electronic pump, Hulk sails again.

but...

Fuel stops being pumped due to the heat. Somehow brought him back to the garage.

So option now -- gurus advise please?

Change the AC pump? (it is the most woriginal pump and I don't know if I can find another one like that) :(

&

Replace the existing electronic pump with a new one (as suggested by Gopal) as he said the other one is more efficient than the current one.

Another question: So does it mean, I run solely on the electronic pump?

Thanks in advance.
Old 19th April 2011, 21:22   #201
BHPian

Eh! Now you too have run into the oft discussed, infamous CJ3B illness? Its really sad that it is taking away the fun from your greatly done up engine.

And it seems that even the electronic FP conks off and is not a fool proof solution in a 3B. So, gurus, isn't there a definitive solution to this FP problem apart from the "wet socks"?
Old 19th April 2011, 22:42   #202
Team-BHP Support

Fit a new electronic pump with a switch and try to put a return line from carb to tank. Thats the best option. Also do a long trial with the new electronic pump coz the brand new one i got conked in 5 kms and the old one (which was originally faulty due to wiring) is doing the service well.
Old 19th April 2011, 23:36   #203
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
Fit a new electronic pump with a switch and try to put a return line from carb to tank. Thats the best option. Also do a long trial with the new electronic pump coz the brand new one i got conked in 5 kms and the old one (which was originally faulty due to wiring) is doing the service well.
I have an electronic pump. Almost brand new (fitted at Pushpa Auto) and it does make the whirring noise when switched on. But seems like its failing to perform when heated (as it is close to the exhaust pipe on the chassis).

Return line from carb to tank is a good idea. So I will shop for the AC pump now
Old 20th April 2011, 19:03   #204
Senior - BHPian

Strange behavior of the AC pump. This afternoon, it was running as usual. The glass dome filled with fuel and could see bubbles when the engine was running.

Is it the heat (when running) that causes the diaphragm to seize?

Update now is - Gopal has spoken to someone who has an original AC pump and also a diaphragm kit. Will be tested on it tomorrow.

Trying to get rid of the Toyotaish sound of the starter motor. Getting the other motor (received courtesy UBS sir) serviced and mounted.

Still hoping for gurus to give some insight on the pump behavior.

Thanks.
Old 20th April 2011, 20:03   #205
BHPian

Quote:
Shubz,
Anything else?
Hi Fazal ji,

Just came across this offer by you. Since, Shub does not need the Aux. Gear shift boot, can I have them please, if they are still up for grabs? (Hope Shub won't mind my trying to grab shop items offered to him.)
Old 20th April 2011, 20:16   #206
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderer4x4 View Post
Hi Fazal ji,

Just came across this offer by you. Since, Shub does not need the Aux. Gear shift boot, can I have them please, if they are still up for grabs? (Hope Shub won't mind my trying to grab shop items offered to him.)
There is no "minding" within the family! You are not hijacking something that I am seeking too. So go ahead!
Old 20th April 2011, 20:20   #207
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderer4x4 View Post
Hi Fazal ji,

Just came across this offer by you. Since, Shub does not need the Aux. Gear shift boot, can I have them please, if they are still up for grabs?
Sure, Its in my garage, just sms your mailing address on 0 98850 71025. Since your 3B is not a Mahindra...why stick that name horn button? I will also send you a plane black horn button that came on 3B.
Regards,

Last edited by fazalaliadil : 20th April 2011 at 20:31.
Old 20th April 2011, 20:49   #208
BHPian

Quote:
Sure, Its in my garage, just sms your mailing address on 0 98850 71025. Since your 3B is not a Mahindra...why stick that name horn button? I will also send you a plane black horn button that came on 3B.
Regards,
Thank you so much, Fazal ji. Am sending you a PM with my details. Thanks once again.
Old 21st April 2011, 10:25   #209
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shubz View Post
Is it the heat (when running) that causes the diaphragm to seize?
Yup heat plays a havoc with the OE fuel pump, maybe add two packings at the end connecting to engine to reduce the heat transfer. Should help a bit. Am also planning to cover the metal petrol pipe with rubber or asbestos to reduce the fuel line heat up. This becomes a pain for hot starts.
Old 21st April 2011, 17:50   #210
Senior - BHPian

Fuel pump was working today (strangely). New electronic fuel pump installed. a little away from the chassis. Will use it as it is. Will actuate electronic pump if the OE pump fails.

The other starter motor is being serviced. Will be changing over to that after that as the existing one doesn't seem to be "returning bendix" as per Gopal, so the toyota'ish sound.

Packing on the OE pump - Good idea! will have it tried.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks