Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Vehicles

Search this Thread
Old 16th November 2010, 11:17   #46
Senior - BHPian

Fazal Saab I have been seeing a lot of modified jeeps but trust me this jeep is another level, from any angle this jeep doesn't give a clue that it's has got a complete changeover. Please convey my appreciations to the owner and the people involved into it. They deserve a hug for crafting this machine. I could see the jeep has got very good off roading capabilities inspite of looking sober, is it a 4x4? on what engine it's moving? when I saw it last it was with the stock engine, and the best part of all you driving it with the cow boy hat. Lovely.
Old 16th November 2010, 20:08   #47
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chanu View Post
is it a 4x4? on what engine it's moving? when I saw it last it was with the stock engine,
Chanu,
Thanks, I shall convey your compliments to the team involved in transforming it.
Yes, it is a 4X4, it would not be possible for a 4X2 to cross the lake as the silt was heavy. Very recently it has undergone a engine swap, presently it has a completely overhauled XD3P.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wbd8779 View Post
Very nice pics Fazal Bhai , in the 5th pic the water is till the level of the air intake , did that cause some problems later.
Regards
wbd8779,
Thanks.
Prabhu, the owner of this Jeep is an automobile engineer. Just before entering the lake it dawned upon him to disconnect the air intake hose pipe from the air cleaner and place it above its original level. We needed something to tie the free falling hose pipe to the topmost level inside the hood, but made it possible with some spare Great Escape stickers we had in the Jeep. We had observed all Jeeps were tilting heavily on the left due to the floor of the lake which prompted this decision. Our Jeep too tilted but Prabhu's foresight saved us.
However, just after the lake...as we crossed the next obstacle the jeep started missing and stalled. This was due to water getting in the fuel tank through the filler cap (on the left, tilt side).
The mechanics of the Mahindra Rescue Team drained the water by opening the drain nut and cleaned the supply line and diesel filters in 15 minutes, and we did the rest of the course effortlessly.
Regards,
Old 17th November 2010, 01:13   #48
Senior - BHPian

Prabhu you must be a proud owner of a one and only Rubicon aka 550 XD, I am also dreaming of a similar jeep but with the original skin (the Army disposal) and planning to have the interiors advanced and luxurious which is far from now but sure. Your jeep is run for money where in people are burning loads and loads of cash just in import duty and other things, I know they are advanced, powerful, sophisticated but its okay to have a machine like this apart from that it fulfills the desire and saves a load of trouble and money. Over and all its MADE IN INDIA, I wish this jeep all the best and keep moving with style.
Old 17th November 2010, 09:25   #49
Senior - BHPian

Fazal, Prabhu, Suren, Arun, Ravv, Nazim & TEAM,

This is one which continues to fascinate me! it is like a evolving WONDER! Great to see the pictures in water and make it out too!

Good job done! Very impressive!
Old 17th November 2010, 17:32   #50
Distinguished - BHPian

Dear Fazal - the Rubicon type vehicle is a great effort. Well done. However, as usual, you know that I don't like water. I will NEVER take my vehicle into such a depth.

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar
Old 17th November 2010, 22:41   #51
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHABHAR.BEHRAM View Post
Dear Fazal - the Rubicon type vehicle is a great effort. Well done. However, as usual, you know that I don't like water. I will NEVER take my vehicle into such a depth.
Best regards,
Behram Dhabhar
Sir Behram,
Thank you for the compliment about the Jeep.
A little before crossing the lake, I thought about what you had told me just about ten days before... "I hate water".

One serious question: Would the THAR make it through this depth without stalling due to the electronics in it, unlike this mechanical predecessor?
Regards,
Old 18th November 2010, 18:11   #52
Senior - BHPian

Fazaladil, that's an amazing effort to put rubicon look. I liked the water wading.

Kudos!
Old 18th November 2010, 21:27   #53
BHPian

Dear Fazal Sir,
The vehicle looks awesome !!!
Congratulation to Prabhu and his team!!

I had never seen before this type of craftsmanship in metal and its finished paint work.
Mostly Mumbai guys do this type of work in fiber, which do not last long.

I saw pics of this vehicle in exhibition hall but couldn't wish Prabhu because of TB membership.

Fazal Sir, you have added more beauty by taking it off the road and your wife captured it perfectly ( specially in last pic from 1st page)

Cheers!!

Regards
Sanjay

Last edited by 4x4army : 18th November 2010 at 21:31. Reason: font problem
Old 19th November 2010, 07:04   #54
Senior - BHPian

Dear Dwarka and Sanjay,

Thanks for the appreciation, I will convey it to Prabhu.

Behind this beautiful build and very capable machine, there are four BHPians Arun, Ravvenddra, Suren, Nazim who constitute the core team apart from Prabhu.

Also, I will convey to my wife the compliment she deserves.

Regards,
Old 16th October 2011, 14:17   #55
BHPian

Re: Hyderabad, Rubicon Replica soft offroading.

Add my appreciation too, it was not until the last post & some of the pictures (without Jeep logo & rear tail lights) Did I realise that this was a Build!!Awesome work. All now is required is the Logo.!
Old 15th July 2016, 01:16   #56
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Hyderabad, Rubicon Replica soft offroading.

Spotted this Jeep today. Not sure if it's the Rubicon or the Replicon.
Attached Thumbnails
Hyderabad, Rubicon Replica soft offroading.-psx_20160714_203556.jpg  

v12 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed