Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Vehicles

Search this Thread
Old 19th October 2010, 00:19   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desmosedici View Post
Welcome to TBHP Sanjay Sir and Congratulations on your new possession. Enjoy.
@Desmosedici - Thank you Sir!
Old 19th October 2010, 11:25   #17
BHPian

Congratulations Sanjay!! I am glad to see that you have finally started your thread on the buildup, I am eagerly waiting for the picture story of the metamorphosis

btw, I am in Mumbai during Deepawali in Bandra area, looking forward to see you and the Jeep at that time

Last edited by Anupam : 19th October 2010 at 11:26.
Old 19th October 2010, 11:30   #18
BANNED

Congrats Sanjay, it has come out really well. more pictures please
Old 19th October 2010, 15:40   #19
BHPian

A warm welcome to TBhp and congratulations on the acquisition of your dream. "Vijaya Dashmi" a perfect day to bring your dream home. What more could one ask for!

Looking forward to a more detailed report right from the acquisition process to the restoration. With lots of snaps!
Old 19th October 2010, 20:27   #20
BHPian

@saintsinner and BolBolero - Thank you! please give me time to upload other pics. All pics are in high resolution format.

Cheers!!

Sanjay
Old 19th October 2010, 20:45   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4army View Post
@saintsinner and BolBolero - Thank you! please give me time to upload other pics. All pics are in high resolution format.

Cheers!!Sanjay
Sanjay, you can convert all your pics to smaller file size in one go ( say less than few minutes) by using batch processing option in a free photo editiing software called irfanview.
Its a free download from IrfanView - Official Homepage - one of the most popular viewers worldwide and solves all your issues in uploading high res and large file size pics..
Cheers
Shibu
Old 19th October 2010, 20:50   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anupam View Post
Congratulations Sanjay!! I am glad to see that you have finally started your thread on the buildup, I am eagerly waiting for the picture story of the metamorphosis

btw, I am in Mumbai during Deepawali in Bandra area, looking forward to see you and the Jeep at that time
Thanks Anupam, Before Diwali I am planning to meet you with Jeep.
In Diwali vacation I am not in town.
Old 20th October 2010, 01:05   #23
Senior - BHPian

One of the best front grills I have ever seen...

There is free software out there to cut down the byte count of pictures for easy use with email and sites like this one.

Here is a nice one that I like to use.

Image resizing, do it with PIXresizer
Old 20th October 2010, 10:08   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saintsinner View Post
Congrats Sanjay, it has come out really well. more pictures please
Thank you Saintsinner!! Sure, I will start from first pic.

Cheers!!
Old 20th October 2010, 15:45   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4army View Post
Thank you Harjeev!
You are the only one person who motivated me to buy Ex Army MM 550.
Because previously I was thinking of buying Cj3b or classic. But when I gone through your thread of Ex Army 550xd and had a look of original military Jeep along with all its mechanical details, I decided firmly to own an Army MM550 only.
Buddy I am really honored by your comment and am happy that the MM550 thread is proving to be useful even after I have sold the vehicle. I just tried to share my experience. MM550 is a wonderful vehicle and I miss it till date. Take care of your vehicle and it would surely take take of you

Quote:
I liked your pic in military outfit with 550 and I kept it in my Jeep's album.
Also I learnt many good things about you from my T Bhpian friends but couldn't reply as I was not having TB membership.
Hahaha!!! Those were some good times I had. Too bad Ive got my CJ3B painted white and the white color do not do justice to the camouflage clothes.

Quote:

Last month when I came to know about your adventurous journey with TLC from B'lore to Punjab, all alone in pouring rains, I was thrilled and I salute you for this daredevil deed.
I will definitely share all pic and experience from the day one.

Cheers!!

Sanjay
Again thanks. Earlier I too used to think that long distance driving is really difficult and people who do it are gifted or something. But having done this journey in the TLC and earlier this year as an rally official I drove my Gypsy King on a 3300+ kms trip in Rajasthan, in 7 days, long distance driving is not difficult at all. One just needs to have a knack for it.

And I am from New Delhi and not Punjab. However I am now trying to get it (TLC) registered in Punjab, if possible.

Cheers Mate

EDIT: for resizing the pics I use Picasa

Last edited by harjeev : 20th October 2010 at 15:58.
Old 20th October 2010, 21:20   #26
BHPian

Good luck

GOod to see you finaly here Sanjay

hahaha for all who dont know sanjay hes into photography and i bet you he knows all the tricks of the trade in resizing the images .....

All the best with your machine man

GIve a step by step process of your "tough but not impossible " project
Old 20th October 2010, 21:39   #27
BHPian

Thanks David,
Yeah, correct.
The "resizing of images" was the small excuse for my all T-Bhpian friends, who are waiting for other pics as I was busy with my other work.
I will do so in a day or two.

Cheers!!

Sanjay
Old 21st October 2010, 07:15   #28
BHPian

Hi Sanjay, Like all other members waiting for pictures of your build . Are you into wild photography.Sent you a PM please check.
Old 21st October 2010, 12:41   #29
BHPian

Congrtaulations!!!

Hi Sanjay,

Congratulations and welcome to TBHP !!!!

I always wanted you to be in TBhp as you are the one who have gone through all the pains and problems to get this nice vehicle. Really appreciate your patiance .

When Somebody tried to hack your efforts by saying "start of ownership thread" on this beautiful vehicle without your consent , myself and Davis were the one who knew what you have suffered to acquire this Jeep and the other Gypsy. You can post the Before - After pics so that people here will know the fact.
I dont want to get into the argument again as I always know Me and David were right in saying let Sanjay get his TBHP handle and unfold the story of acquiring these vehicles - registering it in Maharashtra !!!

All the very best and share all you good- bad experiences to all of us.

Let me tell you guys - Sanjay is very helpful and dedicated to our 4X4 community .

Regards,

Tarkesh
Old 21st October 2010, 21:33   #30
BHPian

@font-face { font-family: "Cambria"; }p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal { margin: 0cm 0cm 10pt; font-size: 12pt; font-family: "Times New Roman"; }div.Section1 { page: Section1; } Thanks Tarkesh,
Yes, I have lot of patience and waited since 5-6 months for membership so that I could help TB guys to get Army auction vehicles. In the meanwhile I helped some of friends to get there dream army 4x4 vehicle who are not from our community.
When I received this vehicle and shared the good news along with its pics & price with my 5-6 TBhp friends, no one uploaded this info on thread except one guy who took advantage as I was not having TB membership. I didn’t have any intimation that he will upload pic as well as price.
Actually the uploaded pics & price sent wrong message to the TB aspirants who are looking for Army auction vehicle directly from dept, as there are lot of different type of taxes and expenses in addition to bidding price.
Over this issue I was very disappointed because don’t want to share any info at that time with all the guys, the reason behind this will be disclosed in my flashback story.

Cheers!!

Most Viewed