Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th October 2010, 12:14   #31
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsy4x4 View Post
Did you mean Sunny Sidhu? I simply love him. I think he came in the white HT for the 4guna4 event on 25th Oct.
Nope not sunny siddu - his tbhp nick is siddartha local Bangalore guy and till recently his gypsy had tyres as old as his gypsy!!! (and even that didnt stop him!!)
Old 30th October 2010, 01:26   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anujmishra View Post
gypsy4X4 1.0 litre engine itself capable of doing many thing. For starters there is no other good option. Just indulge into it completely and build it as of your initial budget and enjoy the fullest. For suggestions sky is the limit.

For second buy 5K-10K difference go here and there. There is no way people should cry after that. I hope you will enjoy this gypsy for next 3 - 5 years.

Best of Luck for your rebuild process. And yes, get the possession soon and start comprehensive rebuild thread here .
You're right i think it should be Ok with the 1.0 for now and am really looking forward for the rebuild.

Quote:
Originally Posted by karizma9292 View Post
gypsy4x4 a small explanation from my side

This is what mexXxentric told when i asked him about 1.6 sawp for MG410W or MG410.
Note : He has not changed the diffs and T-case in his MG410W for 1.6 swap.

The King's GB + 410 drive train does support and you can use all the 5 gears effectively.

Baleno's engine in 410 gives a very torquey setup which is good for offroading
MG416 easily start moving in second gear and give a top speed of 110 in 5th gear and it feels like driving in 3rd gear in a normal sedan. If you are going to use your gypsy a lot in highways rather than OTRs then upgrade to larger dia wheels which helps a bit or upgrade the diffs and T-case as others told .
I may not use it too much on highways and would strictly keep it for OTR's and small events. Max i would use it besides off roading would be to go to work on fridays to welcome the weekend with a bang and what with Abhey restarting the OTR's on Saturday mornings like before in gurgaon or Noida so that i can directly go there after work. ( I work in night shifts )
Old 30th October 2010, 10:56   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsy4x4 View Post
I may not use it too much on highways and would strictly keep it for OTR's and small events. Max i would use it besides off roading would be to go to work on fridays to welcome the weekend with a bang and what with Abhey restarting the OTR's on Saturday mornings like before in gurgaon or Noida so that i can directly go there after work. ( I work in night shifts )
Well then i don think changing of differential is not needed. Im doing a 1.6 conversion for my narrow track gypsy and retaining the OE diffs . Will soon open a thread regarding that .

Like Anuj said use the 1.0 for a while until u get bored of it and looking for a change
Old 30th October 2010, 12:20   #34
Senior - BHPian

How can a MG410 or 413 make any difference to a 1.6 conversion.

Sugan has mentioned that Mexx has quoted a top speed of 110KMPH while Allan had done 150+ on his converted 1.6. Why is this difference in speed on road and how can a MG410 be more torquey as anyways the engine is being changed.
Old 31st October 2010, 21:06   #35
Senior - BHPian

I think registering with the same state RTO might be an issue in some places as when Govt vehicles are auctioned they are declared unfit and beyond economic repair by a committee which includes a member from the state RTO. So registering or giving fitness to the same vehicle which has been declared as scrap might be a reason. But it differs from state to state but if it is an issue I am sure Delhi/NCR RTO's would have it.
Old 2nd November 2010, 10:33   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desmosedici View Post
How can a MG410 or 413 make any difference to a 1.6 conversion.

Sugan has mentioned that Mexx has quoted a top speed of 110KMPH while Allan had done 150+ on his converted 1.6. Why is this difference in speed on road and how can a MG410 be more torquey as anyways the engine is being changed.

Hey Desmo , MG410 has lower diff ratios than MG413 . Allan may have changed his diffs to MG413 ones and who knows what all changes he has made plus he has 31" tyres and Sreejith smaller size tyres . Tyres do make a difference in top speed etc . This info is as far as i know .
Old 2nd November 2010, 13:13   #37
Senior - BHPian

Bigger tyres will reduce top speed actually. We will have to ask Sreejith for more info as he says 110 top speed whereas a stock mpfi goes till 120.

We should start a new 1.6 conversion thread and get both Sree and Allan to share their work.

Cheers,
Raj
Old 2nd November 2010, 13:45   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desmosedici View Post
Bigger tyres will reduce top speed actually. We will have to ask Sreejith for more info as he says 110 top speed whereas a stock mpfi goes till 120.

We should start a new 1.6 conversion thread and get both Sree and Allan to share their work.

Cheers,
Raj

No dude bigger tyres increase top speed and reduce initial , Its like a human takin longer steps to walk . Smaller tyres increase initial.

See Sreejith's is 1.0l converted to 1.6l without changing the diff gearing . Means can a MPFI in 2nd gear from standstill whereas Sreejith's gypsy easily does it .
Old 2nd November 2010, 23:00   #39
Senior - BHPian

i am not too sure of the tyre bit. i always thought the correct size tyres aid speed.

no idea on the diffs. maybe if allan or sree are reading this, they can pitch in.
Old 3rd November 2010, 11:15   #40
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hey Desmo , MG410 has lower diff ratios than MG413 . Allan may have changed his diffs to MG413 ones and who knows what all changes he has made plus he has 31" tyres and Sreejith smaller size tyres . Tyres do make a difference in top speed etc . This info is as far as i know .
as far as i know he is running the same diffs of MG410
Old 3rd November 2010, 11:17   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdev29 View Post
as far as i know he is running the same diffs of MG410
Dude you being close to him will know about what he has done .
Old 7th November 2010, 19:12   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saintsinner View Post
i even find BF Goodrich very strong, though i am looking for Tornado's after Big bro's "rise of the phoenix" in Raid2010
@SS, Tornado's are 195/75/15. Excellent AT tyres for Raid and Sjoba but not quite successful on mud/sand/ slush. For DS, you may want to look at other tread styles in 205s instead.

@Harish, if your vehicle is mainly going to be used for offroading, BFG's may serve the purpose better, though, they are comparatively noisy on tarmac.

Quote:
Originally Posted by saintsinner View Post
Salman,

Could you provide details on the Advan's?
Advan's I believe is the new range of low profile "ROCK HARD" rally tyres - feels as though you are running without suspension BUT, heard they are the most reliable in the league. I guess it costs 18k a piece.
Old 11th November 2010, 19:32   #43
BHPian

Got to know from DDA that i can pick my ride on Monday i.e 15th Nov however i'm still not sure if i would get it that day. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Will keep everyone posted on the update. Have really been waiting for this day more than the delivery of new cars in the past
Old 12th November 2010, 01:01   #44
BANNED

All the best Harish. Keep the contact number for a tow truck handy when you have to pick it up.
Old 12th November 2010, 01:24   #45
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
No dude bigger tyres increase top speed and reduce initial , Its like a human takin longer steps to walk . Smaller tyres increase initial
You are forgetting the increased drag and weight of a bigger tire combined with a gutless 1.3 litre engine. Anything bigger than 215s on a 1.3 liter Gypsy will reduce top speed. Even with a 1.6 liter engine the drag/weight of the bigger tire will impede performance.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks