Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st November 2010, 22:52   #16
Senior - BHPian

thanks very much everybody!

Dear GTO!
I was thinking in the same line as you.
PS: do you have the backup of old classified?

Dear Harjeev!
looking for a vehicle which is this side of 2000. Do you or any of your friend has any experience with Saurabh Gupta of erstwhile PCH marketing. They frequently put ads in auto mags.
am following the thread regularly

Dear AVR!
have a dealer friend of a friend in Ahm, (Chirag) do you know him?
But would like to deal with the owner directly.
Most vehicle in Gujarat are not well taken care of. Anyway Pming you my mobo number

Dear Shiva!
we talked about this right. The guy even mailed me a lot of images from every angle. But he was not budging on the price.

Dear Shibu!

thanks

Last edited by SirAlec : 1st November 2010 at 22:58.
Old 3rd November 2010, 11:40   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Sir Alec, between the options you've listed, I can only recommend one : Mitsubishi Pajero.

- Buy a Pajero that's been officially imported by HM-Mitsubishi. Clean paperwork guaranteed. Most probably, you'll also get a full service history.

- It's an old school truck, yet one that is built to last. The engineering is simple in design. Simplicity = reliability.

- Sourcing parts & labour will not be a problem at all.

Totally agree with GTO on this. I have been using a Pajero, and everything is available & will continue to be available as the SFX is still being sold here.

Of the lot under consideration, the LWB Pajero is the best bet, the SWB would be great - I'd also tried very very hard to find a SWB Pajero, but drew a blank. So ended up with my present LWB. Though Mitsubishi SUV's tend to rattle - if can live with that, nothing more to think about !!

Cheers

Last edited by Ricky_63 : 3rd November 2010 at 11:46.
Old 5th November 2010, 01:11   #18
Senior - BHPian

thanks Rick!

i tell you that, your thread is one of the inspiration. Yours is a direct import with no HM connection right.

Last edited by SirAlec : 5th November 2010 at 01:13.
Old 5th November 2010, 10:50   #19
BHPian

Pajero 1993 Model

One 1993 Model Pajero is for sale at my place the asking price is 3.5 L and its negotiable Right now I got only this much info about the vehicle and they are ready to exchange with my lancer LE Diesel 2005 (1.6 L KM Done) Shall I go head ?

Last edited by sreejeshmp : 5th November 2010 at 10:59.
Old 5th November 2010, 11:12   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sreejeshmp View Post
One 1993 Model Pajero is for sale at my place the asking price is 3.5 L and its negotiable Right now I got only this much info about the vehicle and they are ready to exchange with my lancer LE Diesel 2005 (1.6 L KM Done) Shall I go head ?

Post some pics if you can

Pramod
Old 5th November 2010, 12:12   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirAlec View Post
thanks Rick!

i tell you that, your thread is one of the inspiration. Yours is a direct import with no HM connection right.

Oh wow !! Then take the inspiration one step forward & go for it Yes mine is a 1998 import, single owner, no HM connection, spot on.

Cheers
Old 7th November 2010, 11:51   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Sir Alec, between the options you've listed, I can only recommend one : Mitsubishi Pajero.
. Pajero is excellent vehicle, and much cheaper to buy and maintain compared to Toyotas. Depending on your budget you can get excellent deals.

In fact once the BS-IV engine comes I would seriously consider a new Pajero for myself.
Old 7th November 2010, 12:17   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aroy View Post
. Pajero is excellent vehicle, and much cheaper to buy and maintain compared to Toyotas. Depending on your budget you can get excellent deals.

In fact once the BS-IV engine comes I would seriously consider a new Pajero for myself.
Sir the pajero is technically not supposed to be available as it does not make the cut to BS IV. This was as per autocar a few months ago. they were considering discontinuing it despite being very much in demand. More than the outlander in fact. They already have the 2.8 intercooler turbo. The old one if I'm right was not intercooled.
Old 8th November 2010, 10:29   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by valhallen.282 View Post
Sir the pajero is technically not supposed to be available as it does not make the cut to BS IV. This was as per autocar a few months ago. they were considering discontinuing it despite being very much in demand. More than the outlander in fact. They already have the 2.8 intercooler turbo. The old one if I'm right was not intercooled.

They came with intercoolers from the word go. Mine is a '98 (present Indian SFX), even that has the intercooler.

The Pajero Sport is the new model to be launched, which is an absolutely new vehicle & I hear it will come with the 3.2 engine

Cheers
Old 8th November 2010, 13:00   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by valhallen.282 View Post
Sir the pajero is technically not supposed to be available as it does not make the cut to BS IV.
This is not exactly correct. BS-III cannot be registered in the designated metros, but are available for sale else where. I had inquired with the dealer, and if I can produce an address proof in Haryana, I can get it practically ex-stock. I was assured that there are chances that Mitsubishi would upgrade the engine to BS-IV, may even be the one they are conteplating putting in the Pajero Sport.
Old 8th November 2010, 20:56   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aroy View Post
This is not exactly correct. BS-III cannot be registered in the designated metros, but are available for sale else where. I had inquired with the dealer, and if I can produce an address proof in Haryana, I can get it practically ex-stock. I was assured that there are chances that Mitsubishi would upgrade the engine to BS-IV, may even be the one they are conteplating putting in the Pajero Sport.

Correct. The Pajero can still be bought from the showroom. Infact today I saw a freshly registered car on the road with plastics on the seats intact.

Cheerio
Old 9th November 2010, 21:59   #27
Senior - BHPian

even i saw a brand new Black GJW-1 a temp registered vehicle from Ahmadabad.

UPdate!

Hunt is still on.
Old 9th November 2010, 23:00   #28
BHPian

I agree with all of you'll. *however* it isn't for those who don't have the stomach to go through all those hassles for getting a vehicle. I love the pajero myself I've driven a friends 93 model.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks