Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Vehicles

Search this Thread
Old 30th October 2010, 16:16   #1
Senior - BHPian

Planning to buy among Pajero SWB or SFX, LC SWB or Xtrail. Suggestions plz

Planning to buy a used 4x4, or should we say a SUV. i have shortlisted following.

1. Pajero SWB or SFX

2. Land Crusier SWB, three door version, was about to call a guy from delhi who posted in our classified, but just remembered the classified section has since been upgraded and old data gone. If anybody remembers it was a white 3 door version.

3. Nissan Xtrail. This is one car that i have very little knowledge of. i don't even remember what motor it runs inside.

Owners of these please suggest long term problems etc.

Members can suggest any availability in their city etc. through PM.

Thanks

-K
Old 30th October 2010, 17:50   #2
BHPian

Alec,
you could share the info regarding the first two with me as well.
I am also looking for such a swb veh-pajero to be precise.
pm me with info, or post it on the forum-which i feel would be a better idea
sharat
Old 30th October 2010, 18:03   #3
BHPian

Pajero SWB

As per advert in Hindustan Times classifieds on 15-10-2010

1996 Red Pajero SWB Auto for sale in Delhi (PB Regd.)
Contact No: 9811983244, 9811998094

Note: This is NOT my car and neither are these my numbers. Just a reproduction of an advert to help you guys out there, as these SWBs can be difficult to find.
Old 30th October 2010, 19:46   #4
BHPian

Alec! Add one more to your PM list! Ive also been looking for a Pajero or the old LC, but there are hardly any available. Hope we all find what we looking for..
Old 30th October 2010, 22:32   #5
Senior - BHPian

let me find the paper. and try to contact him.

Thanks for the help.

planning to buy this and keep it at hometown and trying to bring the Land Rover all the way from east to west.

Will try to take the services of a certain Doc from Nagpur in the process.
Old 30th October 2010, 23:04   #6
Senior - BHPian

searched my lappy for old images. These all were featured in our old classified. Any body has any idea about it.

Planning to buy among Pajero SWB or SFX, LC SWB or Xtrail. Suggestions plz-lc-medium.jpg

Planning to buy among Pajero SWB or SFX, LC SWB or Xtrail. Suggestions plz-lc-delhi1.jpg

Planning to buy among Pajero SWB or SFX, LC SWB or Xtrail. Suggestions plz-lc-delhi2.jpg

Planning to buy among Pajero SWB or SFX, LC SWB or Xtrail. Suggestions plz-pajero.jpg

Out of above red LC owner was not budging on the price considering the model year.

PS to Mod: DO you have the backup of old classified.
SirAlec is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th October 2010, 23:32   #7
BHPian

The SWB Prado is listed at carwale.com, check it out under Land Cruiser category in New Delhi
Old 31st October 2010, 01:40   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirAlec View Post
Planning to buy a used 4x4, or should we say a SUV. i have shortlisted following.
1. Pajero SWB or SFX
2. Land Crusier SWB,
3. Nissan Xtrail.
Thanks-K
Hi Ken,
Thanks for your PM. I will keep this in mind and let you know if I come accross any.
Cheers
Shibu
Old 31st October 2010, 16:49   #9
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puneet.S View Post
The SWB Prado is listed at carwale.com, check it out under Land Cruiser category in New Delhi
Thanks!
i think its a dealer sale. I wonder what it was listed here in our classified as.
Old 31st October 2010, 17:00   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks!
i think its a dealer sale. I wonder what it was listed here in our classified as.
Hmm, as far as i remember, the asking price on our classifieds was ~7 lakhs (but not very sure on this) and was an individual selling it. Now, it seems to be with the 4th owner (or a dealer) but it wouldn't hurt to check it up with the present seller. Although, the pics posted on carwale are exactly same as posted on tbhp classifieds, so might be possible its the same person.
Old 31st October 2010, 23:36   #11
Senior - BHPian

@Ken, I will let you know if I come across one. The Red SWB LC was from Mangalore or Mysore and the seller was sticking to 4.5L budget 8months back. Not sure about the current situation, our Harjeev's cousin recently been there to check the vehicle may be you could talk to Harjeev to find more details about this TLC
Old 1st November 2010, 00:04   #12
AVR
BHPian

SirAlec,

If I am not mistaken you are in Mt Abu. There are a couple of interesting SUVs for sale in Ahmedabad that I have seen/tested as am in the process of picking up a SUV for the family. Let me know if you are interested. Let's take this conversation offline.

Cheers,
Aditya
Old 1st November 2010, 06:24   #13
Senior - BHPian

@SirAlec
Thanks for the PM. I would surely keep your requirement in mind and post pics and/or PM you any information or lead that I come across.

BTW about two months back when I was getting my TLC serviced, I came across a maroonish colored SWB Parado for sale in Delhi. The vehicle was in the workshop for a paint touchup on the bumpers. The price was quite high (I think the demand for 8L for a 1996 or a 1998 embassy auctioned vehicle.)
Will speak to the guy and try finding out more information

Quote:

1. Pajero SWB or SFX

2. Land Crusier SWB, three door version, was about to call a guy from delhi who posted in our classified, but just remembered the classified section has since been upgraded and old data gone. If anybody remembers it was a white 3 door version.

3. Nissan Xtrail. This is one car that i have very little knowledge of. i don't even remember what motor it runs inside.

Owners of these please suggest long term problems etc.

Members can suggest any availability in their city etc. through PM.

Thanks

-K
Regarding long term problems/ issues
Till now the vehicle is behaving quite well. Driven it for 6k kms in two months I am extremely happy with the performance.
I would regularly update my thread/ blog about on the ownership experience.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/4x4-ve...ser-hdj80.html

Harjeev Singh Chadha's Blog
Old 1st November 2010, 06:32   #14
BHPian

Ive been offered a 1996 Pajero SWB for sale here at my place..its a second owner car with about 60 or 70k done. What would be a good price to offer? the car is in good condition but I havent checked it personally. The seller is a dealer and he claims that they spent a packet on restoring the car. he says the owner spent about 3.5 L on it which I highly doubt. any tips on the price to be offered would help!
Old 1st November 2010, 09:48   #15
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Sir Alec, between the options you've listed, I can only recommend one : Mitsubishi Pajero.

- Buy a Pajero that's been officially imported by HM-Mitsubishi. Clean paperwork guaranteed. Most probably, you'll also get a full service history.

- It's an old school truck, yet one that is built to last. The engineering is simple in design. Simplicity = reliability.

- Sourcing parts & labour will not be a problem at all.

Most Viewed