Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Vehicles

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 7th December 2010, 17:16   #271
Senior - BHPian

Non Factual Data

Quote:
Originally Posted by khan_sultan View Post
This is the exact same price as mentioned by swastkviji earlier. Be ready for a call from M&M, asking you where you got this info from and that this price is only indicative and yada yada yada..
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackRaven View Post
A Bangalore dealer has started to accept bookings. I have been sent a price list with break up. Pls see attached image. Booking amt is 50000.
Dear Khan,
Good pick but Iam sad to say this is not correct! Whether or not you like or believe it, this is just a dummy price we create for the vehicle to be billed to the dealership!! Swastik Viji was told the right reason by a Mahindra official as you put it, but wrong inference has been made.

If a dealer is accepting the booking then please ask him does he have a plan when is he going to receive the vehicle to deliver it to the customer? Booking are not officially open!!

THESE ARE NOT THE REAL PRICES!! If you guys still want to discuss pro's and cons based on this...it is up to you.
Old 7th December 2010, 17:18   #272
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations

Quote:
The pricelist said I have to get the insurance only with the dealer which I refused and they agreed. Is there anything else that I need to negotiate with the dealer before I put the money in? Pls suggest.
Hi Black Raven,

Please get the insurance from the dealer, it will be a few months before insurance companies understand what the Thar is all about.

Even have them register the Vehicle and all the associated paperwork and definitely get an Extended Warranty.

AND Congratulations

Regards,

Arka
Old 7th December 2010, 17:19   #273
BHPian

Quote:
Is there anything else that I need to negotiate with the dealer before I put the money in? Pls suggest.
I would prefer to wait for at least another 6 months to see if there will be a second version especially for crde version. mdi will be the same for another decade so no need to wait if it is mdi.
Old 7th December 2010, 17:22   #274
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinod_nookala View Post
... Booking are not officially open!!

THESE ARE NOT THE REAL PRICES!! If you guys still want to discuss pro's and cons based on this...it is up to you.
Speculations, are they!

One more Thar thread to the bin, then!

Old 7th December 2010, 17:36   #275
Senior - BHPian

@Vinod, you saved the day for me atleast by saying that these are not the correct prices or else I would have been heartbroken. I am already a shade of blue after going through the M2DI Thar thread.
Old 7th December 2010, 17:50   #276
Distinguished - BHPian

I think the LARGER question to be asked here is:

WHY the delay after delay in the launch date?? According to various credible sources, the launch date has been postponed YET again for the 'nth time'.

It's becoming like that joke from movie 'Damini' where Sunny Deol says to the court 'thareek pe thareek' (in the courts, you just get the next date and not justice)

What's stopping the launch now?

Last edited by Jaggu : 7th December 2010 at 19:18.
Old 7th December 2010, 18:08   #277
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post

They say Jeeps are not bought, but built. All this time, I used to think it is because there are only old Jeeps.

But...we have a new Jeep in the making and that too needs to be built.

Building never stops whether it is new Jeep or old.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ex670c View Post

The question remains why isn't it being [built] to the best available specs

Regards,

Arka
It would seem there will be room in the after market for some entrepreneurial motorheads to fill the gaps M&M leaves open.

In other countries after market shops that provide slick packages of add on accessories live and prosper.
Old 7th December 2010, 19:15   #278
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
The Ex-showroom price is atleast 50-70K more than the ideal price. And for this price it should FOR SURE include A/C & a hard top. I wonder if MLD will be included in this price?
Couldn't agree with you, when i look at, rather think and calculate again and again, i feel price is off by 75-80k for the basic Thar Crde. Then again its my expectation i guess.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
They will also give you a limited meals banana leaf lunch after your purchase of the THAR within this price.
==========
7.2L is way too much. For what we're getting we should have gotten it on the road for under 6L. Then you spend another lakh to get it off-road ready.
In ideal world, YES!

Quote:
M&M is welcome to call me. I am just another Thar fan. If they gave me the info, am sure they would give to anyone.
============================
The pricelist said I have to get the insurance only with the dealer which I refused and they agreed. Is there anything else that I need to negotiate with the dealer before I put the money in? Pls suggest.

Thanks
Hold on!

Quote:
Originally Posted by R32_GTR View Post
I'm assuming it would be around 7.50 lacs + in Bombay.

The pricing (FINALLY!!) would have made the decision making a lot easier for everyone who were eagerly waiting for the THAR.

Maruti could/should expect a major "demand" for the Gypsy all over again
Mumbai should be cheaper, coz tax and transportation cost will be lesser?? But yes am having the same Gypsy dilemma. Sometimes i wish, i just keep quite and carry on with the CJ and invest this additional money on transporting the jeep by truck!!!

Quote:
Benefit of doubt we shall believe you and expect a better pricing

Quote:
Originally Posted by star_aqua View Post
I would prefer to wait for at least another 6 months to see if there will be a second version especially for crde version. mdi will be the same for another decade so no need to wait if it is mdi.
I know for teething issue's right, i was bullish with MUL when they launched Maruti Van, then Zen and Swift D but with Thar and M&M am not that confident. OR can i be?? Am a lost soul and thank you M&M for all this suspense drama!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderernomad View Post
@Vinod, you saved the day for me atleast by saying that these are not the correct prices or else I would have been heartbroken. I am already a shade of blue after going through the M2DI Thar thread.
Quote:

WHY the delay after delay in the launch date?? According to various credible sources, the launch date has been postponed YET again for the 'nth time'.

It's becoming like that joke from movie 'Damini' where Sunny Deol says to the court 'thareek pe thareek' (in the courts, you just get the next date and not justice)

God knows, first it was govt approvals and now pricing confusion! I hope not.

What do you suggest:

Should we continue discussing and dreaming or just close this thread also??

Last edited by Jaggu : 7th December 2010 at 19:19.
Old 7th December 2010, 19:33   #279
Senior - BHPian

Im gonna wait till the vehicle launches officially and then open my mouth. BUT, until then, just to keep the motivation levels high can someone state what variants can we expect in the THAR? Dont tell the price just the variants oki??
Old 7th December 2010, 19:46   #280
Team-BHP Support

What'sinaname!

Time pass to keep motivating or for entertainment purpose only! We should see something like this. These are not indicative nor for any billing purpose (R).

Bolero Thar Crde 4x4 (Major PS & AC) - Alloy's optional *
Bolero Thar Crde 4x4 (Minor PS only)
Bolero Thar Crde 4x4 (Infant)

Bolero Thar Mdi 4x4 (Major)
Bolero Thar Mdi 4x4 (Minor)
Bolero Thar Mdi 4x2 (Major)
Bolero Thar Mdi 4x2 (Minor)

** Price range will be published when Gypsy production stops or Jimny comes out. Till then be happy with your natural ice creams.

Last edited by Jaggu : 7th December 2010 at 20:42. Reason: Thanks Tejas :)
Old 7th December 2010, 20:17   #281
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
Time pass to keep motivating or for entertainment purpose only! We should see something like this. These are not indicative nor for any billing purpose (R).

Bolero Thar Crde 4x4 (Major PS & AC) - Alloy's optional *
Bolero Thar Crde 4x4 (Minor PS only)
Bolero Thar Crde 4x4 (Basic)

Bolero Thar Mdi 4x4 (Major)
Bolero Thar Mdi 4x4 (Minor)
Bolero Thar Mdi 4x2 (Major)
Bolero Thar Mdi 4x2 (Minor)
I want the Bolero Thar Crde 4x4 in the "Infant trim" (No stock tyres & rims or bumpers or foot rests or or or...)
Old 7th December 2010, 20:39   #282
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ex670c View Post
Hi Vinod,

I knew, you were going to give this Answer.

If 51" OKBJ was the preferred Axle Width, why do most of vehicles still have 57" OKBJ.

After that only the Major was 51" OKBJ.

Why did the Legend have 57/53? Why does the new army MM5550MDI have 57/53? or the Maxx Series.

When did you deliver it to the customer from the Quadro to the NGCS MM5550 to the Thar MDI, a little over 12 years.

When was the MRCBT developed 1998-2002, it was introduced on the common man's JEEP in 2010

If 51" was superior or adequate 57" wouldn't have been developed.

What was the sample size of the population and how many respondents prefer 51"

And how many of the respondents have used 57"

And those narrow trails you mention, a vehicle 6" wider will not be able to negotiate.

Also between the 51"OKBJ with Disc Brakes & 53"FFRA with Drum Brakes, what is the actual difference in Track.

I will agree to your argument about the larger customer base and their interest, since the Commander had 51"/53FFRA, you didn't think the rural customers would benefit from the FFRA, in the Thar MDI.

What improvement is the Thar MDI over Major? NGCS & MRCBT aside.

Visibly the Body Style, and for that you have forced, sorry cornered the customer to pay 20K more, because the mechanical system is the Same.

Regards,

Arka

PS - Your ex-MM540's SFRA was never reliable, remember the no. of times you have shimmed the Axle Key before a major OTR.
Dear Arka,
57/53 was never developed for MWB 'common mans' jeep! When did you first see 57/53 axle? On Armada NGCS?? and not on MWB aam admi jeep. Later they were adapted to Marshal, pickups as they were of much longer wheelbase and turning radius was an issue.

Talking about legend and the Quadro, they were aimed at personal segment consumers and what were the volumes and at what price?

Comparing a Naya Commander to THAR MDI isnt correct as THAR MDI will not carry even the half load of Commander purely due to its size and construction

Unfortuately in a consumer research i cannot ask them will 6 inch make a difference to your life? They have said this because they felt it.

On improvements over Major please consider the fact that NG chassis and suspension is almost 2.5 stronger than the outgoing chassis and this is a big improvement.

Arka questioning is easy but once the true prices are out you will understand what is gone into the vehicle at what price!

p.s- What if i say FFRA had as many problems as SFRA in army vehicles? What if i say future Army vehicles will have a stronger SFRA? So what you believe might not be entirely true.
Old 7th December 2010, 20:49   #283
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Unfortuately in a consumer research i cannot ask them will 6 inch make a difference to your life? They have said this because they felt it.
=========
Arka questioning is easy but once the true prices are out you will understand what is gone into the vehicle at what price!

p.s- What if i say FFRA had as many problems as SFRA in army vehicles? What if i say future Army vehicles will have a stronger SFRA? So what you believe might not be entirely true.
Just curious, where was this sampling done. Rural markets? Asking since this is the first am coming to hear of such an exercise, inspite of having so many "Woriginal Thar" well wishers in our circles.

Please let us know the pricing at the earliest. Many of us are really losing patience with this wait and delays.

FFRA failure's, do share more details
Old 7th December 2010, 20:52   #284
AWD
BHPian

Quote:
It's becoming like that joke from movie 'Damini' where Sunny Deol says to the court 'thareek pe thareek' (in the courts, you just get the next date and not justice)What's stopping the launch now?
Quote:
Originally Posted by AWD View Post
My speculation on the probable reasons for postponement. I can only attribute this to lack of confidence on team working on the project, product(Thar) & consumers.
That's the only reason I can coin! Btw, isn't all the Thar euphoria turning into an epic fail!
Wish I had never fallen into the wait trap, Gypsy King or a 2nd hand hand 550 bought a year back would have sufficed well.
Old 7th December 2010, 20:56   #285
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Hi Khan,
You seem to be in touch with some one really credible in Mahindra who is giving you information.

Array bhai...where was the Taarek given at first place to say Taareek pe Tareek?

Vehicle is taking its due time to get launched and it is as per schedule.

Lot of interdependent activities are involved. You may feel there is delay as some of us who are really interested are waiting for it and reading about it everyday. Just to tell you this is the normal time which one takes be it a national or a multi national organisation.

Vehicle spotted at a dealership is a testimony that things are happening and there is a reason why that vehicle was there!! So guys, be patient we will come out with a date when appropriate.

Last edited by vinod_nookala : 7th December 2010 at 21:02.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed