Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 8th December 2010, 22:11   #346
BHPian

re: Mahindra Thar MDi Thread (more pics at page 24)

Quote:
Originally Posted by salilpawar1 View Post
Guys, I made this video to lighten up the mood.

Please take it in the right spirit and enjoy the humour.
Regards,
salilpawar1
LOL Salil. You made the perfect video for the situation. Amazing talent yaar. Its definitely a 5Star package. All the thing discussed in thousands of posts so far, all in a 2 min video.

After all 'Its a Jeep thing!'

Last edited by .anshuman : 15th December 2010 at 21:08. Reason: Quoted Video removed.
Old 8th December 2010, 22:17   #347
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by absynthguzzler View Post
Thats known MC , but what I'm saying is what happens on a 4x4 event could be the same conditions one faces in his farmland or whatever on a regular basis and he's buying the product to deal with such scenarios. So is your vehicle covered in such cases?
Technically a vehicle damaged in an event which are much more arduous than normal running is not covered. For that matter of fact even damages in MGE are
not covered. But as we all know here, M&M takes a slight lenient view on the warranty. So that should help any prospective buyer.
Old 8th December 2010, 22:24   #348
AWD
BHPian

Post Deleted by the Team-BHP Support : Do NOT TROLL on this forum. If you have a problem with this forum's policies, bring it up via the "Contact Us" form. You need to strictly avoid posting NEGATIVE messages. We do advise you to keep your messages neutral, to avoid further Moderator action on your account

Last edited by GTO : 23rd December 2010 at 18:21. Reason: See Warning in post
AWD is offline   Received Infraction
Old 8th December 2010, 22:29   #349
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAVAN KADAM View Post
Whole 3-4 pages are going off-topic, from Hitler to Bollywood. Why is so much hype over a CJ5...

We already have 3 running threads on THAR, why was this thread not merged with the latter.
The hype is similarto what we have for Safari with multiple thread talking merlin, 2011 upgrade and what not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAVAN KADAM View Post
And some guys get infractions for FANBOYISM
I can't comment about infractions but there is no fanboyism as. Rather if you see the tone of the thread is more dissappointment and disillusionment.

P.S: As about Fanboyism, I'm still awaiting your reply to one of my clarifications to your comment on the Bolero Vs Sumo thread.
Old 8th December 2010, 23:10   #350
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileCruncher View Post
The hype is similarto what we have for Safari with multiple thread talking merlin, 2011 upgrade and what not.

I can't comment about infractions but there is no fanboyism as. Rather if you see the tone of the thread is more dissappointment and disillusionment.

P.S: As about Fanboyism, I'm still awaiting your reply to one of my clarifications to your comment on the Bolero Vs Sumo thread.

The THAR hype is blown out of proportions.

As far as your clarifications, SUMO is well refined than the Bolero, and i have answered the reasons for higher Bolero sales on that particular thread.

Atleast TATA's are delivering better Safari time and again.

This thread is just making a simple jeep with the erstwhile Willys chassis and a MM540 body shell and a scorpio engine. Bah..... C'mon guys i dont want an infraction for this

Yes its a good product, but for the price it will sell, it will have very little takers, whats the point in oooh.... aaaah....ing about such a product.

Its not my hatred for the product, but i cannot stand such kind of FANBOYISM ruling a T-BHP Thread, while these kind of off-topic replies would have been wiped off on other threads with a MODERATOR NOTE.

You dont need the Hitler show dissapointment over the Thar, it will not even come close to his approved Kubelwagen design in terms of practicality.

Last edited by PAVAN KADAM : 8th December 2010 at 23:13.
Old 9th December 2010, 00:33   #351
Senior - BHPian

Editing at its best I must say!

i have kept this vid as archive to preserve it for ever.

Well done.
Old 9th December 2010, 00:33   #352
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
Saar,
These guys took 1.5 years to launch a 4x4 version of the mHawk. 1.5 YEARS!!! Who the hell will wait that long? And in the end, the 4x4 mechanism was the exact same as what came in the CRDE version.
@Redlinre:

I agree with you a 101%. Tatas have offered 4x4 through out all engine variants of the Safari. It took Mahindra a gazillion years to launch the 4x4 variant of the mhawk Scorpio? Can someone explain to how much more testing you need to subject a Scorpio mhawk 4x4 when you already have a Scorpio CRDe 4x4? People may disagree, but I feel that Mahindra's sucess in the MUV/SUV space us purely due to the lack of commitment by Tata. If Tatas put the same effort into production/QA like Mahindra did, Mahindra won't stand a chance in the market against them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by svsantosh View Post
Arka - This Mdi is a Turbo Charged unit right? IIRC the TC's lag (from the Major era) was booed upon from a offroading perspective. Any changes you know of to make it better?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ex670c View Post
Hi Santosh,

The Turbo Lag was evident in the 4 Speed Gear Boxes, and also depends on the Diff-Ratio and Tyre Diameter.
@svsanthos: Your assumption makes sense for small bore/relatively high bhp engines like the Safari TCIC. The Safari TCIC makes about 68 bhp in NA form and 90 bhp in Turbo form. This engines depends a lot on Turbo for power/bhp and you feel a lag until the Turbo kicks in at about 2000 rp.

The Mahindra MDI3200/MDI3200TC engines have a trivial difference in power/torque. MDI32000 Turbo was never developed for power, but purely to help meet emission requirements. Have a look at the bhp/torque numbers of the DI Turbo and NA version and you will understand that in real world driving you will never really feel the Turbo. The MDI3200 comes with a 4.27 final drive and the MDI3200TC comes with a 3.27 final drive. I have switched to 4.27 final drive an don't feel any turbo lag and the Torque is good.
Old 9th December 2010, 00:50   #353
Team-BHP Support

Pavan, may be you should read the thread. We are all beating up on Mahindra, not worshiping. The anticipation for Thar is so high only because there is nothing else available to meet that need. If Suzuki brings out the Jimny, most of us here will jump ship in a heart beat. That behavior hardly qualifies for fanboyism.

Last edited by Samurai : 15th December 2010 at 18:44.
Old 15th December 2010, 16:58   #354
Senior - BHPian

Re: Mahindra Thar CRDe 4x4! Its finally here!!

I called up Mahindra showrrom in Jaipur and the manager says that Thar 4x2 is launched and available in showroom to see. The price is 4.47 L ex showroom.. It is the DI BS3 version. I'll try to go there soon and get some photos..
Old 15th December 2010, 18:32   #355
Senior - BHPian

Re: Mahindra Thar CRDe 4x4! Its finally here!!

DI 4x2 version in showroom..

MDI 3200 TCL
2523 CC
63 BHP
182.5 NM@1500 - 1800 rpm
minimum Ground Clearence - 187mm

50 vehicles on the way, ready delivery. Ex-Showroom 447200/-

Edit- Colors- Arctic White, Champagne

Mahindra Thar MDi Thread (more pics at page 24)-image_001.jpg

Mahindra Thar MDi Thread (more pics at page 24)-image_003.jpg

Mahindra Thar MDi Thread (more pics at page 24)-image_004.jpg

Mahindra Thar MDi Thread (more pics at page 24)-image_005.jpg

Mahindra Thar MDi Thread (more pics at page 24)-image_006.jpg

Mahindra Thar MDi Thread (more pics at page 24)-image_007.jpg

Mahindra Thar MDi Thread (more pics at page 24)-image_008.jpg

Mahindra Thar MDi Thread (more pics at page 24)-image_009.jpg

Mahindra Thar MDi Thread (more pics at page 24)-image_010.jpg

Mahindra Thar MDi Thread (more pics at page 24)-image_011.jpg

Mahindra Thar MDi Thread (more pics at page 24)-image_012.jpg

Mahindra Thar MDi Thread (more pics at page 24)-image_013.jpg

Mahindra Thar MDi Thread (more pics at page 24)-image_014.jpg

Mahindra Thar MDi Thread (more pics at page 24)-image_015.jpg

Mahindra Thar MDi Thread (more pics at page 24)-image_016.jpg

Mahindra Thar MDi Thread (more pics at page 24)-image_017.jpg

Mahindra Thar MDi Thread (more pics at page 24)-image_018.jpg

CRDe coming in showroom in 6 to 7 days, which will be Badged "Thar" and will be officially launched.

Last edited by Ym-enjn : 15th December 2010 at 18:36.
Old 15th December 2010, 19:21   #356
Senior - BHPian

Re: Mahindra Thar MDi Thread (more pics at page 24)

Uploading the literature for better understanding of all..

Mahindra Thar MDi Thread (more pics at page 24)-image_001a.jpg

Mahindra Thar MDi Thread (more pics at page 24)-image_001b.jpg

Mahindra Thar MDi Thread (more pics at page 24)-image_001c.jpg

Mahindra Thar MDi Thread (more pics at page 24)-image_002.jpg

Mahindra Thar MDi Thread (more pics at page 24)-image_003.jpg

Mahindra Thar MDi Thread (more pics at page 24)-image_004.jpg

Mahindra Thar MDi Thread (more pics at page 24)-image_005.jpg

Mahindra Thar MDi Thread (more pics at page 24)-image_006.jpg

Best part is I will now get Bull bar and soft top for my MM55O with them soon...

Edit- The fit and finish was very good.. paint nice. A neat Job I must say. Gates closed with a light sound 'click' but the back door had the same trademark 55O problem. I tried several times but it remained in half closed position.

This 4x2 version is targeted mainly for the Major customers, taxies, departments etc. But overall I was happy to see it in place of Major.

Last edited by Ym-enjn : 15th December 2010 at 19:27.
Old 15th December 2010, 19:58   #357
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ym-enjn View Post
Uploading the literature for better understanding of all..

Best part is I will now get Bull bar and soft top for my MM55O with them soon...

Edit- The fit and finish was very good.. paint nice. A neat Job I must say. Gates closed with a light sound 'click' but the back door had the same trademark 55O problem. I tried several times but it remained in half closed position.

This 4x2 version is targeted mainly for the Major customers, taxies, departments etc. But overall I was happy to see it in place of Major.
Dear Yogesh, Thanks for posting pics and the literature. Good to see a neat & clean Thar which is ready for delivery for the first time.

Any idea when the MDI 4x4 verison is hitting the showrooms? And any idicators of price for that?

Also I am surprised to see,there are no M&M badges or decals anywhere on the body which says its a Mahindra Thar!! Any idea??
Old 15th December 2010, 20:00   #358
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ym-enjn View Post

Edit- The fit and finish was very good.. paint nice. A neat Job I must say. Gates closed with a light sound 'click' but the back door had the same trademark 55O problem. I tried several times but it remained in half closed position..
Thanks for sharing the pics & the official specs/ price with us.
That Thar with Classic like bullbar & alloys gives it a totally different look. But interiors are not that modern. I mean they are curvy.

Few questions please..
What will be the ex-sh price for 4WD version?
What was included in additional accessories which were quoted for 8.5K?
Will it be available with optional PS?
Ground clearance was quoted as 187mm only. May be because of small tyre radius?
Can we have it in Black color?

Did you take the test drive?

Sorry for such long list of questions but its THAR!! Officially Launched so that's a great news!!!

Last edited by offroad_maniac : 15th December 2010 at 20:04.
Old 15th December 2010, 20:28   #359
Senior - BHPian

Thanks for sharing all the info and the good pictures. 2.5 L and 63 BHP ? Hmm.. Thats interesting.
Old 15th December 2010, 22:50   #360
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepCaptain View Post
Dear Yogesh, Thanks for posting pics and the literature. Good to see a neat & clean Thar which is ready for delivery for the first time.

Any idea when the MDI 4x4 verison is hitting the showrooms? And any idicators of price for that?

Also I am surprised to see,there are no M&M badges or decals anywhere on the body which says its a Mahindra Thar!! Any idea??
Hi, no confirmations on the price of MDI 4x4 version as off now. The price of 4x2 is in line with the earlier prices on Team Bhp, so I guess 4x4 would also be close to earlier price which was 5.1 lakhs.

He said that CRDe will come in next 6 to 7 days, which he was calling THAR, which will be officially launched by M&M as a new vehicle. By his words this MDI was Major replacement with BSIII standards, may be thats why no Thar badge..

Quote:
Originally Posted by offroad_maniac View Post
Thanks for sharing the pics & the official specs/ price with us.
That Thar with Classic like bullbar & alloys gives it a totally different look. But interiors are not that modern. I mean they are curvy.

Few questions please..
What will be the ex-sh price for 4WD version?
What was included in additional accessories which were quoted for 8.5K?
Will it be available with optional PS?
Ground clearance was quoted as 187mm only. May be because of small tyre radius?
Can we have it in Black color?

Did you take the test drive?

Sorry for such long list of questions but its THAR!! Officially Launched so that's a great news!!!
Yes man its a Thar, thats why I rushed to the showroom just to have a quick look.. Waiting eagerly for the 4x4 to be here..

Answers:
No confirmation on the price of 4x4..
Sorry, I didn't asked..
CRDe has Power steering, didn't asked for option in MDI..
Yes, the tyres were too small, whole jeep looked very low due to that. With 7 50 x 16 it will go much higher..
No black color for the MDI 4x2 [thanks god] there'll be more color choice in the Thar.
No Test drive today. I had to come back to my office.. [a quick bunk]

We all know the body is 55O, but looking at a new one was totally different. The paint job is very good. Thick and glowing [not matt like Major]. Can take a lot of bush rubbing without damage. Metal sheet is thick as original 55O [old is gold]. Underbody was well crafted, much flatter than the current 55O. Interiors- very basic, not even AC blower.

Customers were asking how much is the price over major and the sales manager proudly saying it is almost same.. but 4x2 is of no use to us we want 4x4 soon..

Last edited by Ym-enjn : 15th December 2010 at 22:56.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks