Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 5th December 2010, 12:53   #166

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysmokesleaves View Post
Well im sure there is a reason to grumble else so many wouldnt be grumbling.
And you may call it grumbling. I call it a perspective.

The manufacturer isnt doing me a favour, they are doing themselves one coz they will make a profit out of my decision.
So by so called grumbling.. im doing myself a favour because im voicing my perspective.
Which somehow is Biased even before you have experienced the car or know how much if costs.

Quote:
As a prospective customer thisw is how I look at it;
M&M Thar Mdi 4x4 approx 7/7.5 laks onroad(based upon the current discussions)
Is this official or is this speculation!! That is like saying the next iphone will be rubbish because it might cost a lakh!! you Can not base your opinion on speculation. It just int fair!!

Quote:
No new technology.
BS 3 engine which I cant buy in the metro city.
No new tech or nothing enthusiastic about the specs either.
Have you thought of the fact that maybe you aren't the target audience for this car?.... just a though. think about it.

Quote:
Will have to spend more money to bring it upto to ENTHUSIASTIC standards.
WHich means that it will cost me more onroad.
I'd love to hear your definition of "Enthusiastic Standards" Do oblige.

Quote:
M&M Thar Crde 4x4 approx 8/8.5 lakhs onroad(estimated price being discussed on this forum)
Yada yada yada......more speculation!! See above for my attempt at a funny relevant reference.

Quote:
Crde engine
IFS (which is not rocket science, just that M&M is providing it on the mm540/550 in 2010).
Ac & PS
Hardtop(will be optional)
No alloys/optional.
Basically everything else is optional based upon current discussions.
Ask any serious off roader, and they will tell you how most of the "optionals" that you have mentioned aren't really that necessary.

Quote:
So I will have to spend another 1/1.5 lakhs to bring it up to ENTHUSIASTIC standards, which takes the Thar crde into 9 lakh territory. So will I be enthusiastic = NO.
Well, if your ideas of "enthusiastic" is a set of lights (which you dont need), a set or big rims (which you dont need), a set of massive fat tyres (which you dont need), a fancy paintjob (which you dont need), some stupid racing seats (which you dont need), and BLING in general (which you DEFINITELY don't need), maybe you should buy something else.

Quote:
Why should we consider ON ROAD pricing for the THAR.
By all means, consider it. You should...if you intended to buy it in the first place!!

Quote:
from what i assums most of the prospective owners discussing the Thar here are not buying it for rural transportation. Most are or will be enthusiasts, off roaders, etc.
Why not. Why would a farmer or a villager not buy this for transportation? be it for people, farm products or some freshly cut chicken!! (YUMMY)

Quote:
So after buying the Thar in its barebones like M&M is going to sell it as seen in the Thar Mdi pics, one will have to upgrade a lot.
From what is being discussed, the potential upgrade(ENTHUSIAST perspective) for the Thar Mdi 4x4 willl include; rims, tires, axles, suspension lift, sump guard. So all this adds to the on road cost though it may be done over time.
firstly, the CRDe will have bigger rims and tyres than the MDi. That is common sense. And WHY do you need all that?? The lift kit and the rims and tyres will just end up RUINING your suspension geometry. So basically you are undoing everything a multi million rupee R&D division did! WHY???

Quote:
Many may argue that one should'nt consider this, but I as a customer have to factor it in since Im an enthusiast. So M&M doesnt make me very enthusiastic after it gives me an Mdi BS3 engine with ancient tech which I will have to upgrade using my own money. Just because they want to milk the customer they give a Thar Mdi, which is akin to showing the middle finger and saying, if you want to buy the real thing(Thar Mdi- i dont think so) you have to have a rural address or buy the Crde(which M&M wants us to percieve as the REAL thing), which by the given discussed costing is nothing short of a joke.
I do find that quite offensive, as I have never seen anyone from Mahindra actually giving me the finger. Well, maybe accept for one fellow, but lets not go there.
So you would buy a BS3 Gypsy for almost 7 lakhs on-road but you wont buy a Thar MDi for much less?? And the Gypsy isnt bareboned ancient tech??..Really?? And how can you say the That CRDe is a joke in Terms of pricing if YOU DONT KNOW HOW MUCH IT COSTS!! damn jay, you should cut down on those leaves.... OR should we call you NostraJAYmus!! LOL... hehe

Quote:
So guys, i feel this M&M sales pitch on the forum in the guise of wanting customer opinion isnt impressing the enthusiast im me.
Well, it certainly is a refreshing change to what we usually see when an auto manufacturer joins TeamBHP.... Remember Skoda??

Quote:
And like has been posted by many, M&M is here to make money, so by all means they can try all their stunts.
But before I pull out my cheque Im going to make sure, its going to be a bang for my buck.
Let the sales pitch get louder.

Cheers,

Jay
Well, That is not really my job. Im not here for a sales pitch. Let me make it very clear that I HATE my bolero because it is BROWN!! And dad knows this..

When I told him that i was holding my comments back on this thread, he laughed and asked me to post saying it was the fair thing to do. Do you still think this is a Sales Pitch my enthusiastic friend!!

Let me add though, that I dont intent to be offensive in any way whatsoever, and I really wanted to add a joke about the Tata Safari somewhere, but I dont mean it. Just a feeble attempt at humor.

Cy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sha View Post
Sir good catch, so basically 7.5 lac onroad in bangalore disappointing, it should have been 6.5 lac onroad.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dinar View Post
@swastikviji, this price list posted by you is from a dealer?
The prices mentioned are pretty close to being a value product. could have been cheaper by 50 grand through out but, this seams to be fare.
This makes me Happy.
Beharm sir now please let us know whens the launch and where do I send the money.
I believe these are speculative prices and that we should wait for the real Pricing announcement. Im sure Vinod would give us some juicy details about the same

Last edited by mobike008 : 6th December 2010 at 15:36. Reason: back to back posts within 20 mins. Next time use the EDIT button!
Old 5th December 2010, 13:14   #167
BHPian

If u think its speculative why can't u publish the original price list, Boss i have no contacts with any wiki-leaks guys, the price is original Karnataka price list. dealers already started calling prospective buyers.

Last edited by swastikviji : 5th December 2010 at 13:18. Reason: Spelling mistakes
Old 5th December 2010, 13:19   #168

Quote:
Originally Posted by swastikviji View Post
If u think its speculative why can't u publish the original price list, Boss i have no contacts with any wiki-leaks guys, the price is original Karnataka price list. dealers already started calling prospective buyers.
Do i look like a Mahindra Representative to you?
Old 5th December 2010, 14:00   #169
Senior - BHPian

My replies within the quote. Sorry, was experimenting with the multi quote breaks for the first time so its gone the other way around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrus43 View Post
Which somehow is Biased even before you have experienced the car or know how much if costs.

Is this official or is this speculation!! That is like saying the next iphone will be rubbish because it might cost a lakh!! you Can not base your opinion on speculation. It just int fair!!
Do read back on this thread and the previous Thread/s. All prices discussed were pure speculation. In which going your your suggestion of fairness all threads should be closed. And yes, going by all the earlier posts about speculative pricing, i felt it was expensive and have voiced my opinion. I wouldnt care a fig if you or anyone reading this, didnt like it. Read through the forum and you will find a speculative discussion going on about almost every upcoming model in every segment around. Are you suggesting that they all be closed !LOL
BTW, have you seen how the stock market reacts to speculation. it really isnt fair. HAHAHA

Quote:

Have you thought of the fact that maybe you aren't the target audience for this car?.... just a though. think about it.
I would love to know who is defined as the target audience and who should stay away. Im sure a lot of members on this forum would like to be enlightened about the same.

Quote:
I'd love to hear your definition of "Enthusiastic Standards" Do oblige.
An enthusiast according to me is someone who is not a serious offroader to start with and would like to occasionally go offroad. He would like to have an ac and a ps and preferably a hard top too. Yes being just an enthusiast, he would probably like to have a ride with decent pose value, which ofcourse in this context, is not the manufacturers prerogative and hence his need for BLING(if you would like to call it so)
If you want more definitions of Enthusiastic, do start a thread on that and im sure you will find more enthusiastic opinions from many of those who are already offroading enthusiasts/amateurs & professionals.

Quote:
Ask any serious off roader, and they will tell you how most of the "optionals" that you have mentioned aren't really that necessary.
Nowhere in my earlier post did I refer to the "serious offroader". And im sure M&M's sales numbers are not intended from serious offroaders.

Quote:
Well, if your ideas of "enthusiastic" is a set of lights (which you dont need), a set or big rims (which you dont need), a set of massive fat tyres (which you dont need), a fancy paintjob (which you dont need), some stupid racing seats (which you dont need), and BLING in general (which you DEFINITELY don't need), maybe you should buy something else.
LOL, I dont really need anyone to define my needs and what I should buy.

Quote:
By all means, consider it. You should...if you intended to buy it in the first place!!
Well I do intend to buy it, how would you know. I had also posted my intentions in the 1st Thar thread and sill am quite enthusiastic about it. But yes, I do have the right to participate in a speculative discussion which i am rightfully doing, while I make my views public.

Quote:
Why not. Why would a farmer or a villager not buy this for transportation? be it for people, farm products or some freshly cut chicken!! (YUMMY)
Well im sure he would if it suits his requirement. But going by all the opinions in THIS thread, no one seemed to suggest thatthey were buying it for transportation. Nowhere have I suggested that a farmer should not buy it nor have I said that a yuppie should buy it for his farm, so I dont really understand what exactly are you upset about.

Quote:
firstly, the CRDe will have bigger rims and tyres than the MDi. That is common sense. And WHY do you need all that?? The lift kit and the rims and tyres will just end up RUINING your suspension geometry. So basically you are undoing everything a multi million rupee R&D division did! WHY???
Read back to know that I was referring to the Mdi, and NOT suspension mods on the Crde.

Quote:
I do find that quite offensive, as I have never seen anyone from Mahindra actually giving me the finger. Well, maybe accept for one fellow, but lets not go there.
So you would buy a BS3 Gypsy for almost 7 lakhs on-road but you wont buy a Thar MDi for much less?? And the Gypsy isnt bareboned ancient tech??..Really??
I thought we were discussing the Thar. Im not interested in the Gypsy which I have owned and sold a long time ago and while I am waiting for the Thar was contemplating buying one again.

Quote:
And how can you say the That CRDe is a joke in Terms of pricing if YOU DONT KNOW HOW MUCH IT COSTS!! damn jay, you should cut down on those leaves.... OR should we call you NostraJAYmus!! LOL... hehe
Well Cyrus, I dont see the need for you to take a personal dig and shall ignore it, especially since you dont know me in person nor the leaves I smoke. Maybe if we do have the opportunity to meet, we can talk about leaves, coz you need a big heart to smoke my kind.

Quote:
Well, it certainly is a refreshing change to what we usually see when an auto manufacturer joins TeamBHP.... Remember Skoda??
I cant agree enough with that. Its good to see manufacturers getting on board to find out the customers perspective and give them what they want.

Quote:
Well, That is not really my job. Im not here for a sales pitch. Let me make it very clear that I HATE my bolero because it is BROWN!! And dad knows this..

When I told him that i was holding my comments back on this thread, he laughed and asked me to post saying it was the fair thing to do. Do you still think this is a Sales Pitch my enthusiastic friend!!
I dont see why you need to be irked by my reference to sales pitches, unless you are the salesman yourself or speaking for one, in which case, if you did get irked, see the edit on my initial post after reading Swastikviji's post on the estimated price. The price does seem quite fair and Im waiting for a test drive before I can put my cheque on the table.

Quote:
Let me add though, that I dont intent to be offensive in any way whatsoever, and I really wanted to add a joke about the Tata Safari somewhere, but I dont mean it. Just a feeble attempt at humor.
Cy.
I wouldnt be offended one bit if you wrote a post/joke that ripped the Safari & TML apart to shreds. To me, it is a vehicle that serves my purpose at this point in time. So if you have a TML/ Safari bashing party, PM me too. For all the nice things about it, Ive got loads of other -ve to write about it too.

Cheers,

Jay

Last edited by Jaggu : 5th December 2010 at 18:41.
Old 5th December 2010, 14:07   #170
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

@viji:

Fantastic catch mate. Thanks for the price list. Price looks very reasonable. I think given that the difference between the DI and CRDe is just about a lakh, It makes sense to spring for the Thar CRDe unless you want to use it purely/mostly off-road.

From looking at the price list. Looks like there are three variants of the Thar CRDe.
MM545JTR7JC
MM545JTR7RT
MM545JTR7XF

Wonder what the difference is?

Can M&M folks elaborate??

Last edited by 4x4addict : 5th December 2010 at 14:12.
Old 5th December 2010, 14:10   #171

@Jay, it was all in a context of fun, it wasnt a dig at you or your leaves!

But, I still think this pricelist is wonky. That said, I do not know the price of the car! just clarifying.

4X4addict, should be a Di 4X2, Di 4x4 and the CRDe
Old 5th December 2010, 14:52   #172
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

@cyrus:

If you look at the price list posted, there is three variants of the CRDe and two variants of DI. I am wondering what the three vairants of CRDe are?
Old 5th December 2010, 15:25   #173
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
But, I still think this pricelist is wonky. That said, I do not know the price of the car! just clarifying.
you dont know the prices but you know its wonky, i am confused now
Old 5th December 2010, 15:37   #174
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
This may help prospective buyers,
Wow, this is a great scoop!
Quote:
Originally Posted by alabjarus View Post
@swastikviji - Where did you get this pricing info from...? If these figures are correct it would peg Thar CRDE 4x4's on road price in Bangalore at ~7.5L, which is a great price.
How did you come up with 7.5L?

The road tax in Karnataka is 14% + 10% cess on road tax = 15.4%
Average annual insurance = 3%
On road price is ExShowroom price + (15.4 + 3)% tax, which comes 6,07,198 X 1.184 = Rs.7,18,922/-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sha View Post
Sir good catch, so basically 7.5 lac onroad in bangalore disappointing, it should have been 6.5 lac onroad.
It will be 6.5L or less in many other states. We can't blame Mahindra for the pathetic road tax of Karnataka.
Old 5th December 2010, 15:53   #175

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4addict View Post
@cyrus:

If you look at the price list posted, there is three variants of the CRDe and two variants of DI. I am wondering what the three vairants of CRDe are?
Ahh, those. Ok, I have no idea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by simply_sunny001 View Post
you dont know the prices but you know its wonky, i am confused now
Nothing to be confused about, I just thought that there was no way it could realistically be 7.5OTR.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
Wow, this is a great scoop!
How did you come up with 7.5L?

The road tax in Karnataka is 14% + 10% cess on road tax = 15.4%
Average annual insurance = 3%
On road price is ExShowroom price + (15.4 + 3)% tax, which comes 6,07,198 X 1.184 = Rs.7,18,922/-

It will be 6.5L or less in many other states. We can't blame Mahindra for the pathetic road tax of Karnataka.

Ahh, I just read that Price list picture. It wasnt loading earlier BTW, must be something wrong with the connection or something.

Bombay should be below 7 which is exactly how much the gypsy used to cost.
Old 5th December 2010, 15:55   #176
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4addict View Post
@viji:

Fantastic catch mate. Thanks for the price list. Price looks very reasonable. I think given that the difference between the DI and CRDe is just about a lakh, ?
Thats the main reason of posting the price list, definitely u will get more then what u pay for crde, only thing we have to wait, and we will,
if i am not wrong Hero-Honda has priced the CD 100 SS and Splendor the same way, few years back.
Old 5th December 2010, 16:21   #177
Senior - BHPian

No point in breaking our head over our own speculations.

I would have definitely liked two different names for the products. But then anyone could buy the Thar decal and stick it to a DI. We have Alto, i20 etc. with different engine options present in the market. At least the Alto variants are differentiated visually. I hope the THAR CRDe would be differentiated in some way.

However, I really do not mind the same name as long as I know what THAR CRDe is. So that is not a deterrent per se. Each one who buys the Thar CRDe can name it after their own hearts. In a way, if the Thar names helps to bring in higher sales volume for the DI variant, M&M can leverage that to price the CRDe version lower, benefitting the enthusiasts.

Pricing. I hope what is posted is an indication or the acutal price. Pricing it like the Jazz (read not VFM) would make it difficult for many to convince themselves to buy it.

I am waiting to see what I will get with the Thar CRDe. Will there be A/C, PS (I think this is confirmed), roll cage, an optional Hard Top, optional front facing rear seats etc.? How much would they cost, especially a good looking hard top?

I have no experience in off-roading. So the performance in that area, I will leave it to the experts to evaluate once the product hits the market.

I hope Christmas or the new year brings us the good news.

-Biju

Last edited by pjbiju : 5th December 2010 at 16:24.
Old 5th December 2010, 16:28   #178
Senior - BHPian

Great catch, Swastik. Not so much for the prices, but to say its not vapourware, and viral marketing.

Quote:
Moderators if this is posted already please delete the post.

This may help prospective buyers,
Price matches what I heard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sutripta View Post
A couple of weeks back, there was an Auto Expo in Cal. MM was displaying some of their vehicles in a simulated OTR environment. And they were giving rides!

The chosen vehicle was this one I think (Vinod can confirm), except that it was then called the Legend.

The people there could not answer a SINGLE question except one (saying the concerned person will be coming soon. He never did in over 1.5 hrs).
The one question answered: price ~ 4.5L (Was not sure whether for 2x4, or 4x4. The displayed/ working vehicle was 4x4).

Regards
Sutripta
MM really need to train their people properly.

@Vinod. So when was the decision to rename the MDI Thar taken?

Regards
Sutripta
Old 5th December 2010, 16:32   #179
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Nothing to be confused about, I just thought that there was no way it could realistically be 7.5OTR.
So you are saying this has to be way lower huh

Then time to cheer more
Old 5th December 2010, 17:17   #180
AWD
BHPian

After using the services of the board extensively, I think it was MM's prerogative to announce the prices & specs. before the members gather from other sources.
If not this there should be something as a priority delivery or something special arranged for the members of the board. This could be the best thanks-giving, if any!
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks