Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Vehicles

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 7th December 2010, 16:04   #256
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
Super news BlackRaven!!!! Mind sharing the dealer name if its ok?

I dont know am having mixed feelings and still confused seeing the price, should I or should I not? Should i wait???

Eager to see some test reports!

And its BOLERO THAR?? Perplexed.
@Jaggu, it is Sireesh Auto. The top end variant is coming for display this week to showrooms. Deliveries in Jan. My mind says to hold on, wait for the reviews and then make the booking. Heart says go put your money. Thinking hard..
Old 7th December 2010, 16:08   #257
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackRaven View Post
@Jaggu, it is Sireesh Auto. The top end variant is coming for display this week to showrooms. Deliveries in Jan. My mind says to hold on, wait for the reviews and then make the booking. Heart says go put your money. Thinking hard..
Jaggu as well as many of the guys in this thread including myself have already driven the Thar and seen it action offroad. Only price and launch date was/is the issue.
Old 7th December 2010, 16:12   #258
Team-BHP Support

To be fair to myself, i have just driven around some grassy patch. First impression was aok, to be fair to the Thar. But the price! Well head is totally confused with Gypsy also playing hard!

Thank you so much BlackRaven.
Old 7th December 2010, 16:13   #259
AWD
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
Jaggu as well as many of the guys in this thread including myself have already driven the Thar and seen it action offroad.
Did I miss the test drive reports then!
Old 7th December 2010, 16:14   #260
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The top end variant is coming for display this week to showrooms
I thought there was only one variant each for MDi and CRDe.

Last edited by cool_dube : 7th December 2010 at 16:16.
Old 7th December 2010, 16:17   #261
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
A Bangalore dealer has started to accept bookings. I have been sent a price list with break up. Pls see attached image. Booking amt is 50000.

Any information on the features and specification of the Thar CRDe.
For 7.2 lakhs on road, one should expect AC, PS, and a hard top.
Old 7th December 2010, 16:18   #262
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWD View Post
Did I miss the test drive reports then!
It was not a test drive. But we all spent 2 days along with Thar in EXAMM/AKC event.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/4x4-e...rs-report.html (EXAMM/AKC - A Passenger's report)

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedmiester View Post
Looks like you haven't read the earlier Thar threads, the specs is available in Mahindra Thar website. There is no AC or HT, just PS.

http://www.mahindrathar.com/thar_brochure.pdf

Last edited by Samurai : 7th December 2010 at 16:22.
Old 7th December 2010, 16:24   #263
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
... But the price! ...
Times like these one feels so great to be out of KA!

BlackRaven: Is that a screenshot from a excel? Do you have the other variants and their pricing details?

And does "BOL" = "Bolero" in the naming?
Old 7th December 2010, 16:24   #264
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedmiester View Post
IF and a big if, PS should be there BUT AC and hard top in this price??? Then scale will just topple for me! But hard top and AC will be dealer options, that's what M&M has been saying. So price should be for Thar with PS, maybe alloys?
Old 7th December 2010, 16:26   #265
Team-BHP Support

Kind post THAR CRDe posts here: https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/4x4-v...king-open.html

EDIT: False ALARM?

Last edited by Jaggu : 7th December 2010 at 19:07.
Old 7th December 2010, 16:35   #266
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
Looks like you haven't read the earlier Thar threads, the specs is available in Mahindra Thar website. There is no AC or HT, just PS.

http://www.mahindrathar.com/thar_brochure.pdf
I have seen this brochure long time ago. I still have it. Just hoping that M&M might have added a few more additions to the production version. If I have to put my money on Thar there are few features that are necessary for me, hence the question.
Old 7th December 2010, 16:39   #267
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
A Bangalore dealer has started to accept bookings. I have been sent a price list with break up. Pls see attached image. Booking amt is 50000.
This is the exact same price as mentioned by swastkviji earlier. Be ready for a call from M&M, asking you where you got this info from and that this price is only indicative and yada yada yada..

Quote:
IF and a big if, PS should be there BUT AC and hard top in this price??? .
The Ex-showroom price is atleast 50-70K more than the ideal price. And for this price it should FOR SURE include A/C & a hard top. I wonder if MLD will be included in this price?
Old 7th December 2010, 16:55   #268
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khan_sultan View Post
The Ex-showroom price is atleast 50-70K more than the ideal price. And for this price it should FOR SURE include A/C & a hard top. I wonder if MLD will be included in this price?
They will also give you a limited meals banana leaf lunch after your purchase of the THAR within this price. The whole Mahindra Thar team will serve you buckets of rice.

Man, you will be lucky if all the wheel caps are in place. Forget alloys and all. You will just get the vehicle, with wheels. And the pollution certificate for year 1. You will need to harass them for the 5 litres of diesel.

7.2L is way too much. For what we're getting we should have gotten it on the road for under 6L. Then you spend another lakh to get it off-road ready.
Old 7th December 2010, 17:03   #269
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khan_sultan View Post
This is the exact same price as mentioned by swastkviji earlier. Be ready for a call from M&M, asking you where you got this info from and that this price is only indicative and yada yada yada..

M&M is welcome to call me. I am just another Thar fan. If they gave me the info, am sure they would give to anyone.

Actually, It was quite funny how I came to know about this booking. I waiting this afternoon to pick up my daughter from school and there was a scorpio standing in front of me. I was bored waiting. Saw the dealers phone # on the back and thought I should give them a call. I called them and told the sales guy "I know thar is launching, when are you opening the booking?" He told me that mahindra folks have come down to discuss thar launch and that he will quickly check with them if he can share details with me and accept bookings.

Within few minutes he sent me the price list and gave me other details.

BTW, heart won. I am going ahead and making the booking now.

The pricelist said I have to get the insurance only with the dealer which I refused and they agreed. Is there anything else that I need to negotiate with the dealer before I put the money in? Pls suggest.

Thanks
Old 7th December 2010, 17:04   #270
BHPian

I'm assuming it would be around 7.50 lacs + in Bombay.

The pricing (FINALLY!!) would have made the decision making a lot easier for everyone who were eagerly waiting for the THAR.

Maruti could/should expect a major "demand" for the Gypsy all over again

Quite a few (READ: almost everyone) would be disappointed with the pricing and for this reason, I don't see this thread going into another 200 page THAR discussion.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed