Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Vehicles

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 8th December 2010, 10:31   #316
Senior - BHPian

re: Mahindra Thar MDi Thread (more pics at page 24)

Super Video... njoyed it a lot. BTW I drive a nano and dont regret it
Old 8th December 2010, 10:41   #317
Senior - BHPian

Ffra

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinod_nookala View Post
Dear Arka,
57/53 was never developed for MWB 'common mans' jeep! When did you first see 57/53 axle? On Armada NGCS?? and not on MWB aam admi jeep. Later they were adapted to Marshal, pickups as they were of much longer wheelbase and turning radius was an issue.

Talking about legend and the Quadro, they were aimed at personal segment consumers and what were the volumes and at what price?

Comparing a Naya Commander to THAR MDI isnt correct as THAR MDI will not carry even the half load of Commander purely due to its size and construction

Unfortuately in a consumer research i cannot ask them will 6 inch make a difference to your life? They have said this because they felt it.

On improvements over Major please consider the fact that NG chassis and suspension is almost 2.5 stronger than the outgoing chassis and this is a big improvement.

Arka questioning is easy but once the true prices are out you will understand what is gone into the vehicle at what price!

p.s- What if i say FFRA had as many problems as SFRA in army vehicles? What if i say future Army vehicles will have a stronger SFRA? So what you believe might not be entirely true.

Hi Vinod,

1)The Armada never Came with OKBJ they had Kingpin Type Axle.

2) So 12 Years after stuff is aimed at personal segment they go to the common man?

3) FFRA has got more to do than just Load Carrying Capacity. Any idea why the Front Axle is Still Full Floating

4) You have to ask customers such questions, otherwise a "social set" sets in, it is a part of Research Methodology and Part of Creating a Questionnaire.

5) Regarding the FFRA, since the FFRA is inspired from the 1988 JEEP Cherokee, I would suggest you stick to 2 Bearings of the Same Diameter, like the FC Van or Armada 98.

DRIVE AXLE - FULL FLOATING :: 1984 - 1991 :: Jeep Cherokee XJ :: Online Manual Jeep

The Bolero Hub has 2 Wheel Bearings of Different Diameter, where as the Armada 98 FFRA Has 2 Bearings of the Same Diameter or 2 Big Wheel Bearings.

Why the Change in Bearing Dia? My guess Cost Cutting over 3-5 Thousand Vehicles a Month, so the Saving is significant.

That is precisely the reason M&M wants to promote SFRA, Cost cutting 3-5K per vehicle atleast.

Regards,

Arka

PS - What is the exact Problem with the FFRA in the MM550MDI?

Last edited by ex670c : 8th December 2010 at 10:49.
Old 8th December 2010, 10:45   #318
Senior - BHPian

Salil,

This is class, even the Mahindra bosses can't help but to see the message in it, while buckling in laughter.

Loved his sulks and tantrums, especially when he mentioned the sale of his MM550 at Mayapuri and cancellation of Great Escape registration. Special mention of Alfa Kilo Challenge and taxi driver part was a work of art.

You definitely managed to put the THAR delay and other blues on the back burner for the time being.

If this is used as a promo it may just do wonders for M&M.
Regards,

Last edited by fazalaliadil : 8th December 2010 at 10:57.
Old 8th December 2010, 10:50   #319
Senior - BHPian

@salilpawar1, amazing creativity, man. Hats off to you.

I have no interest in offroading, but do like Jeeps (grew up around them as Dad worked in oil exploration) and hence the interest in Thar threads. Inspite of mahindra taking feedback from the forum, there seems to be a disconnect between what the product offers and what the target segment expects.

While this could be argued away as no product being able to satisfy all customers, what makes me wonder is the delay in launching. There seem to be guys sitting with cheque-books on the ready, yet the launch is nowhere near. Which has been brilliantly put in the Hitler-video.

Last edited by supremeBaleno : 8th December 2010 at 10:52.
Old 8th December 2010, 11:11   #320
Senior - BHPian

How did all this go so wrong when there was so much time with so many people giving feedback from all over the country?

As Arka put it in another post...M&M isn't bothered about what we want. Which is fair enough as they are in the business of selling vehicles. I guess we can try but we cannot get very far. The delays are also inexplicable and I am sure our friends who represent M&M here aren't the villains...they are probably blue in the face after all the suffocation on this thread!
Old 8th December 2010, 11:15   #321
Team-BHP Support

Salil, it is a brilliant capture of all our collective emotions. I think we all are really touched.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fazalaliadil View Post
This is class, even the Mahindra bosses can't help but to see the message in it, while buckling in laughter.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ym-enjn View Post
hope it reaches the right people in Mahindra.. Too Good.
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedmiester View Post
Guys please send this to the M&M officials and let them understand our frustration. I will try to make sure this reaches the right people at M&M from my end.
Unfortunately, it is will be of no use. The reaction of the right people at Mahindra will be no different than that of the secretary in the video. Most people in Mahindra don't understand the Jeep thing. In fact, they will be unfamiliar with all the keywords mentioned in the video. The very words that are making us all fall out of the chair in laughter, will fly right over their collective heads.

Mahindra as a company doesn't understand Jeeps, they just used to make them, that's all.
Old 8th December 2010, 11:17   #322
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Hi Arka,
Your feedbacks and points are excellent, my sincere request to M&M is take the points in a positive way posted here and give us ULTIMATE machine to offroad.Cant keep on doing restoration and 2nd market upgradation and loose our precious time which supposed to be in Trail or with family rather in Garages.At least can give customers a oppurtunity to buy with different prx tag ,(If reqd).
Old 8th December 2010, 11:22   #323
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by salilpawar1 View Post
Guys, I made this video to lighten up the mood.

Please take it in the right spirit and enjoy the humour.

YouTube - Hitler is frustrated with Thar launch delay

Regards,
salilpawar1
Amazing. Very good. Thanks
Old 8th December 2010, 11:38   #324
BHPian

Absolutely hilarious, loved the creativity Salil. I nearly fell off the chair laughing at the wife's Nano remark. Aptly applies to the Thar.

On another note I seemed to have given up on the Thar. Don't think I am going to buy one anytime soon. The price and features are not worth it. I hope Maruti guys are reading this and bring out the Jimmy soon.
Old 8th December 2010, 13:22   #325
BHPian

somebody,..nominate this for the best spoof ever !
Old 8th December 2010, 13:34   #326
BHPian

Guys,

Thanks a lot. I never expected such an overwhelming response. Hitler spoofs are very popular on the internet. Nobody had made one on an Indian automobile company. I am completely humbled by the appreciation. Hoping to see the Thar on the roads soon.

P.S.: Errr... any job openings in Mahindra's marketing department?
Old 8th December 2010, 14:21   #327
Senior - BHPian

OT - Salil, By any chance did you create the 'Hitler Reaction to failing Certification' video? Similar background, very hilarious and made by a I.T Techie...
Old 8th December 2010, 14:47   #328
Senior - BHPian

First off 'So rude' that you guys added 'Hitler reacts' on the Thread title. Jaggu or Samurai? Who did it?Please own up!!

Salil, The part which broke me up was 'We dont want to spend 6L+ and look like a Jeep Taxi'

Quote:
Originally Posted by salilpawar1 View Post

P.S.: Errr... any job openings in Mahindra's marketing department?
You will be perfect fit in their call center division - to answer 'When will the THAR be launched?'

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackRaven View Post
A Bangalore dealer has started to accept bookings. I have been sent a price list with break up. Pls see attached image. Booking amt is 50000.
I would suggest to wait watch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ex670c View Post
The engine definitely impressed me.

This was in Jan, 2007 the climb after 1min29sec was only done by my friend in his bolero camper.
Arka
Arka, would you rate the 3200Mdi over the XDP? If so when can we expect a swap on your XD?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyWheels View Post
Speculations, are they!

One more Thar thread to the bin, then!

Wait for it ......Wait for it ......Wait for it ......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tejas@perioimpl View Post
I want the Bolero Thar Crde 4x4 in the "Infant trim" (No stock tyres & rims or bumpers or foot rests or or or...)
+1 Anyway we have to build what we want. Give some of us the basic basic!

OT Jaggu looking good with DwArf.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
And i will continue to pose like this with old machines.
Attachment 465412

Last edited by IronWolf : 8th December 2010 at 15:00. Reason: Removed a YouTube vid from qoutes
Old 8th December 2010, 15:00   #329
Senior - BHPian

Xd3p

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronWolf View Post
Arka, would you rate the 3200Mdi over the XDP? If so when can we expect a swap on your XD?
Hi Daniel,

The Peugeot Engines are much better engines than the MDI series for many reasons.

XD4.9P/XD3P were essentially Car and Van Engines. The XD3P was very popular in Europe, with pretty much every brand of 4x4 using it for the following reasons.

1) Weight 195kgs vs 270Kgs
2) Engine RPM 4200/4600 vs 3200
3) Better Lubrication

Since the MDI3200TC has been worked over it currently adheres to modern Emission Norms, and that is the reason it scores over the older Peugeot.

Why wasn't the Peugeot XD Series engines developed further is another story.

Regards,

Arka
Old 8th December 2010, 15:23   #330
Senior - BHPian

Arka - This Mdi is a Turbo Charged unit right? IIRC the TC's lag (from the Major era) was booed upon from a offroading perspective. Any changes you know of to make it better?
Closed Thread

Most Viewed