Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd December 2010, 02:44   #16
Senior - BHPian

re: Willys CJ3B LHD Petrol - Gift for Life! – A true story

Siva sir... Eagerly waiting for more on this!
Old 23rd December 2010, 04:11   #17
BHPian

Siva, no more waiting . What is it

Last edited by neoranjit : 23rd December 2010 at 04:13.
Old 23rd December 2010, 15:49   #18
Senior - BHPian

Forums like Jeepthrills and Team-BHP have created a lots of awareness and contributed for a positive development towards adventure sports called offroading. Though we in India started having the Jeeps immediately after the original development of Jeeps during WWII, I really don't think if anyone considered Jeeps or the offroad capable vehicles for leisure or weekend engagements here, or there was only a few people were realized it.

Let us looks back the Indian offroad scenario pre 2005 and post 2005, sure it is a huge development. The positive side is that I have many friends due to this development and negative side seriously the scrap market prices are doubled

One of such forum introduced almost all my current friends and some are so close I can say I consider them part of my family members. One causal day I was in discussion with my friend over the phone only to hear he was saying that your jeep is standing in front of me. What?, I said.

At first I was thinking my friend is standing in front of the garage where I parked my Explorer or the RHD CJ3B and talking to me.

I heard the soft spoken person on the other side of the phone to reveal,

to be continued...

Last edited by trammway : 23rd December 2010 at 15:50.
Old 23rd December 2010, 17:39   #19
Senior - BHPian

Shiva,

You need to stop watching those saas bahu sagaas, This story of yours is turning into one. Please dont stretch it like rubber band if you wanna share it with us do it, no one has the patience to wait for such sagaas to unfold, people come here to gain knowledge, a little dose of such stuff is good for the brain too much of it can cause some serious mental issues to the readers

Pramod
Old 24th December 2010, 23:12   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pramodkumar View Post
Shiva,

You need to stop watching those saas bahu sagaas, This story of yours is turning into one. Please dont stretch it like rubber band if you wanna share it with us do it, no one has the patience to wait for such sagaas to unfold, people come here to gain knowledge, a little dose of such stuff is good for the brain too much of it can cause some serious mental issues to the readers

Pramod
Ah Pramod, I expected such posts thats why I decided to keep the tile of this thread to pronounce the world about "STORY" and "GIFT".

See gifts are so special as they bring surprise wrapped in the colorful paper, infact the surprise is known when the cover unfolds. Wait till few more days as I have a heavily wrapped Gift box.

Last edited by trammway : 24th December 2010 at 23:13.
Old 24th December 2010, 23:19   #21
Senior - BHPian

Shiva you should sell the commercial breaks slots for a handsome amount. lolz
Old 26th December 2010, 13:50   #22
Senior - BHPian

"I want you to keep my Jeep with you, It is my gift to you", heard from the phone's speaker. "I'm just seeing your Jeep parked in front of me", continued to talk about the Jeep and its story.

At that time I was not sure to be Happy or to be Worried. Because the person who is on the other side of my conversion is gifting me Jeep, and I don't know if I deserved such a gift. I followed his conversation and told him, I have one Jeep with me already (Explorer) and showed little hesitation. The person on the other side told me, "No Siva you need to have this Jeep with you".

Hmmm I have great respect to him so I couldn't argue or say no to his words, knowing the great responsibility that comes with the Jeep. I decided to Keep is out of major modification and start the restoration as soon as it reaches my garage. But even before I converted my thoughts into words, I continued to hear the voice saying The Engine, Over all Body, GB and Electricals are all in perfect condition. You need to just put a set of good tyres and Windshield to enjoy the petrol ride. I had no words or no idea how to thank him, I could only tell him "Thank you".

Alright the MRF 7.00x16 NDMS tyres that I got from my friend in Trichy came in mind so that goes into foot of this Jeep. Windshield frame is also with me earlier so actually the minimal repair work could happen in no time.

to be continued...
Old 26th December 2010, 14:22   #23
Senior - BHPian

Since you said petrol, I hope it will be a good replacement for the navigator project.
Old 27th December 2010, 18:28   #24
Senior - BHPian

The "phone speaker", "person" etc is all pointing towards one and only reverred guru of Jeeps. Need I mention the name?!
Old 28th December 2010, 23:28   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by svsantosh View Post
Since you said petrol, I hope it will be a good replacement for the navigator project.
That is a the same Idea I have too, may be will call it as Navigator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shubz View Post
The "phone speaker", "person" etc is all pointing towards one and only reverred guru of Jeeps. Need I mention the name?!
I would have made it even more trickier to guess
Old 29th December 2010, 23:36   #26
Senior - BHPian

Ok friend I will end the suspense and get this thread converted to restoration thread for GREAT CJ3B from Howrah

I hope now all of you already double confirmed that this Jeep is from one and only Mr. UBS the jeep guru. I thank him a lot for sending me such a precious gift. The Jeep in questions is Willys CJ3B LHD Petrol.

I have received a call from Mr.UBS last week to tell me that he is loading the Jeep in a truck by driving it and I heard the unmistakable petrol engine sound on the background. All my senses were at excitement mixed state and eager to see and feel the petrol power once again after the RHD Mahindra CJ3B.

I received details of the transport booking person from Mr.UBS, and discussion with the transport walah revealed that the driver who is going to drive this truck (empty Hyundai car carrying truck) is called Bagadur and I will be calling him to know the transit information.

I had couple of calls in between and he suppose to reach Chennai by tomorrow (30/12/2010), so I was on shopping to scrap yard collecting some missing parts for my explorer's FFRA conversion. That was when I received a call from Mr.UBS to know that the truck has reached chennai and driver wants me to call him back. WoW, I was so happy and also got into trouble as my explorer is in the garage in non-running condition. I called couple of my Jeeper friends and as being a working day most of them on work.

Finally I decided to go to Sriperumbudhur (near to Hyundai factory) about 60kms from the place I was standing in the afternoon by car to get the Car down and release truck. While travelling I also heard from the truck driver that the truck is actually moving towards bangalore to unload few more cars that is getting transported from Kolkata. Hurray that was a great news, So I called my friend in Kancheepuram to seek his help so I could restore the Jeep in Kancheepuram itself. The truck was redirected to Kancheepuram and I joined with the truck when I reached the spot I mentioned.

Willys CJ3B LHD Petrol - Gift for Life! – A true story-29122010010.jpg

Willys CJ3B LHD Petrol - Gift for Life! – A true story-29122010003.jpg

Willys CJ3B LHD Petrol - Gift for Life! – A true story-29122010004.jpg

Willys CJ3B LHD Petrol - Gift for Life! – A true story-29122010013.jpg
I was in kind of thrill seeing the truck and went backside of the truck to see if I could get a glimpse of the Jeep.

to be continued...
Old 30th December 2010, 01:06   #27
Senior - BHPian

A gift for life indeed!
Old 30th December 2010, 01:28   #28
Senior - BHPian

waiting for the next epsode.....

Pramod
Old 31st December 2010, 00:56   #29
Senior - BHPian

Willys CJ3B LHD Petrol - Gift for Life! – Curtain Raiser

It's was a wonderful experience to feel the thrill of unwrapping the thickly wrapped gift. Yes the Gift which was wrapped well inside a container truck and kept deep inside the car container was revealed to my eyes when I jumped in as soon as the driver opened the door. At first when he opened the door I was expecting only my Jeep would be there, but then I saw few Marutis sitting on the outer edges hiding my view to the Jeep.

Since the Jeep placed in the inner deck, It was all dark and I could see a lots of carton boxes piled above a vehicle which is unmistakably a JEEP.
Willys CJ3B LHD Petrol - Gift for Life! – A true story-29122010007.jpg
I approached with an excitement, not sure if the driver understood what I was going to ask him but he opened the door of blue Maruti Zen to switch the headlights on. Hurray, there you go a all original Willys CJ3B LHD petrol jeep was uncovered and I was in the joyfullest world looking at my new beauty.
Willys CJ3B LHD Petrol - Gift for Life! – A true story-29122010006.jpg

I Urged the driver to wide open both the doors of the container to get more light and get the Zen push down so we could quickly get the Jeep unloaded from the truck. The sun was already setting behind the hills so I wanted to click the pics using my tiny mobile camera.
Willys CJ3B LHD Petrol - Gift for Life! – A true story-29122010008.jpg
Willys CJ3B LHD Petrol - Gift for Life! – A true story-29122010009.jpg

The drivers started pulling the metal ladder ramp from under the truck's chassis and set right for car to get down.
Willys CJ3B LHD Petrol - Gift for Life! – A true story-29122010014.jpg
Willys CJ3B LHD Petrol - Gift for Life! – A true story-29122010016.jpg
Followed by the car, we pushed the Jeep to the edge of the truck and I jumped in the driver's seat to get the Jeep sliding down from the ramp. I was behind the steering and what a feel
Willys CJ3B LHD Petrol - Gift for Life! – A true story-29122010018.jpg
I clicked few pics of the Jeep and bid adieu to the truck that carried the Jeep for over 1500kms.

The detailed pictures of the Jeep will be posted to this tread next year guys.. keep watching and thanks for following this thread

I WISH ALL THE TEAM-BHPians and THEIR FAMILY A VERY HAPPY AND PROSPEROUS NEW YEAR 2011 and ALL THE GOOD LUCK.

to be continued...

Last edited by trammway : 31st December 2010 at 01:01.
Old 31st December 2010, 02:07   #30
Senior - BHPian

Re: Willys CJ3B LHD Petrol - Gift for Life! – A true story

Siva sir.. Should've been -> I was behind the wheel and what a feel

Wish every TBhpian and their familes and friends a Very Happy New Year! May the Jeep tribe thrive!

Hats off to the Great UBS sir!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks