Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th December 2010, 16:18   #1
Senior - BHPian

Willys CJ3B LHD Petrol - Gift for Life! – A true story

Dear Offroaders,

It is been some times I really typed anything on this section; expect one or two posts in Thar thread. However I have a real good news to share with you, a relation that was born when I joined to the jeeping community and matured enough to honor the bonding with a great gift of life. Not just the words but I'm really feel proud to receive such a honorary gift and there is no words to thank for this gift. I salute the person behind this gift for his dedication and passion towards Jeeps. The best word I think to describe the person would have the been the most heard word, so I'm searching for words...

A quick information about what is going on with me in the past couple of months

1. FJ40 was stationed in Coimbatore and under restoration and I'm in constant touch with Shibu(JeepCaptain) and Muthukumar(PowerTwin) for the parts and restoration.

2. FJ62 is been used for office commuting and working really good.

3. Explorer aka. Mahindra Classic - Not really good these days, though I have recently drove it to Coimbatore and back to Chennai in 3 days. I have lots of things to address with my companion, I have completed 57,000kms on solo driving in the past 3 years with Explorer. I will soon update the thread with many unanswered questions on the Overdrive, LSD, post engine rebuilt etc. Keeping my fingers crossed to get some time to narrate all of them.

4. Why does all of sudden I become so busy not even looked at the responses to the Kadamuda Kadamuda OTR(Really sorry guys for this)?

Those who were known to my MahindraClassic - Jeeping exercise thread, knew that Jeeps and my abroad visits are always come fighting each other, and now I'm in similar kind of situation and yes most of the delays are due to a planned migration to US of A. I see an opportunity that I will be driving a FJ cruiser or Wrangler but then I will also miss many of my favorite vehicles back in the home garage.

5. What not, Oh yeah here is the hero of this special thread..... The Gift

Note: Some of you have known to the topic I'm going to narrate, I request you keep it suspense until I open it in this forum

to be continued...
Old 18th December 2010, 18:27   #2
Senior - BHPian

re: Willys CJ3B LHD Petrol - Gift for Life! – A true story

Quote:
Originally Posted by trammway View Post
Some of you have known to the topic I'm going to narrate, I request you keep it suspense until I open it in this forumto be continued...
You must start bribing those people to keep their mouths shut...
Old 19th December 2010, 02:02   #3
BHPian

Wow Siva.. you mean you are going to Gift your Jeeps/4x4's since you are migrating to U S of A.

If thats the case.. I will be more than happy to take your FJ 40 as gift and I will be thankful to you for the rest of my life.

Jokes apart.... I know about your Gift for life!! But will not break the suspense!!

Waiting for another 5 star thread from you.

Cheers
Shibu Varghese
Old 19th December 2010, 20:23   #4
Senior - BHPian

Shiva,
Here I am waiting too, to receive the gift from you. Will be visiting this thread until you announce it.
Regards,
Old 19th December 2010, 23:52   #5
Senior - BHPian

Regular day in my life goes with these type of discussion:

Scenario one(while I was in Day shift(6am-3pm), at home around 4:00pm):

Hand phone rings

Me: Hello, Siva this side
Mr. X: Hello Siva, I'm X calling from Y City. I read your blogs and Team-BHP threads, I really glad to talk to you. Is it a right time to talk to you?
Me: Yeah, of course yes. (I could see my wify smiling at me knowing what will be the subject of my conversion immediately hearing this)
Mr. X: I'm planning to buy this ABC vehicle, I though I will chat with you about the same.....
After at least 15-20min(Lowest, but at times goes beyond an hour too)

Scenario two(while I was in Day shift(6am-3pm), at home around 6:30pm):
Dialing one of my Favorite Four numbers
Me: Hello Sir, How are you doing. I hope am not disturbing you
FF: Hi Siva, Good. How are you?
Me: Sir, I wanted to talk to you above a xyz issue on a abc technique in the vehicle. I'm poor at reading and I need your help in identifying the same.
FF: Sure, This technique was introduced in ........

Scenario three(no time association it could be any time in the 24hours clock)

Mr.XX: Hello Siva, This is XX and I found your number from abc source. I saw you have a xyz vehicle. I wish to know from you, where did you source it and how much it costed you and do you have any lead for me....
(I really need to highlight I get more of such calls, some times even without introduction of person on the other side)
Me: I'm Sorry I couldn't follow you; could you repeat the questions one by one, let me see if I can answer them.
Mr.XX: That is I wanted know if you are planning to sell your xyz vehicle
Me: I have not posted anything like that
(I could see my wify smiling now with a different meaning, knowing what will be the reaction from myside)

Scenario four(while I was in Night shift(5:30pm-3:30am), at office around 1:30pm):

Phone rings or some one at chat

Mr.X: Hi Siva, This is X. Hows life
Me: Sure it is good at 1:30am in the night
Mr.X: Hey do you have few minutes I wanted to talk to you about my offroader. I really need to see if you have some suggestion for me.
Me: Dude, I myself a starter and how can I help you.
Mr.X: Don't tell me that, You know Mr.Y from this place told me to talk to you
Me: Did he tell you ?
Mr.X: Yes
Me: Then I'm sure, He KTied it to me already. now tell me what is it about ?

If you look these typical daily life dialogs, I could say, I Sleep(dreams are filled with events running with some abc vehicles), I talk, I walk(GP road and Scrap market roads have my foot print on a daily basis) and I eat (inside the vehicle as closed several lakh kilometers of driving four wheelers) the vehicles.

So how is this information associated to this thread?

to be continued...

Last edited by Zappo : 20th December 2010 at 09:10.
Old 20th December 2010, 01:55   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by OP
Scenario two(while I was in Day shift(6am-3pm), at home around 6:30pm):
Dialing one of my Favorite Four numbers
Me: Hello Sir, How are you doing. I hope am not disturbing you
FF: Hi Siva, Good. How are you?
Me: Sir, I wanted to talk to you above a xyz issue on a abc technique in the vehicle. I'm poor at reading and I need your help in identifying the same.
FF: Sure, This technique was introduced in ........
That must be HRH Mr. UBSingh.
Old 20th December 2010, 06:50   #7
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by trammway View Post

So how is this information associated to this thread?

to be continued...
Alfred Hitchcock would be biting his nails, either in suspense or frustration.
Regards,
Old 20th December 2010, 22:59   #8
Senior - BHPian

the suspense is killing me.
Old 20th December 2010, 23:19   #9
Senior - BHPian

err, the 1st call looks like mine. May be not - but surely not the FF one
Old 21st December 2010, 00:13   #10
Senior - BHPian

While the calls and chats are always on automobile front, I wish to go back to the past and see if I really succeeded or made it a success with a Jeep? did I mean the latest Mahindra Classic? No not really, but the very own Willys produced Jeep.

Though my first ever Jeep was a Willys CJ2A (with Willy MB look), due to insufficient knowledge on the Jeep domain and lack of funds I could not continue to stick to it and also the desire to own a Mahindra Classic faded away the Willys Jeep purchase/restoration activity.

But later when I learned to drive my explorer it paid me back with a lots of skills on the automobile front and personality wise too(oh Boy, I mean it. Driving a jeep gives a lot more lessons than what you have or could learn while driving any other vehicle)

When I got my Mahindra (Kaiser) CJ3B petrol RHD Jeep, I was in dreams to restore but unavailability of time and chassis really made me part it with Shibu(I have no regrets as finally it had garaged in Shibu's court).

So the desire to be in touch with Offroad and offroadable vehicles were always on the priority list on my plate except few failures here and there. I often get tempted to test(myself) with many of the offroadable vehicles and have got a collection of them as well.

After learned the very few technical part of Jeeps, I have started searching for my lost world that was with Willys era. Interestingly I landed myself on a scrap market where I could source a GoDevil engine from Ford GPW.

But just with an engine, I can't call it as Willys era Jeep. To convert the engine to a Jeep; lots of parts and deeper pocket is required for sure. I'm not going to give up for any sake. "Just few things are very important to restore the vehicle" is how I start to think every day when I think about restoring my low bonnet Jeep. But counting the Chassis, Body, Drive terrain parts, Instruments and blah blah blah... I need to gather a lot more than I could think on this restoration.

to be continued...

Last edited by trammway : 21st December 2010 at 00:17.
Old 21st December 2010, 00:25   #11
BHPian

@Siva, Why am I not so "exited" about this? Come on Siva, you are no Mega serial Director!!!! Spill it out, we are not used to this kind of suspense (Except Thar Thread)!!! GPW? MB? CJ2?, CJ2A? CJ3A? come on!!!

--Sree--
Old 21st December 2010, 00:52   #12
Senior - BHPian

Ok, so some nice gentleman gifted you a jeep.
Old 21st December 2010, 01:43   #13
Senior - BHPian

Am not saying anything.. Just waiting for Siva to update and update.. Got only a few hair left. don't wanna lose them all!
Old 21st December 2010, 09:54   #14
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrous View Post
UBS = Low Bonnet
Old 21st December 2010, 14:13   #15
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by svsantosh View Post
You must start bribing those people to keep their mouths shut...
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepCaptain View Post
Wow Siva.. you mean you are going to Gift your Jeeps/4x4's since you are migrating to U S of A.

If thats the case.. I will be more than happy to take your FJ 40 as gift and I will be thankful to you for the rest of my life.

Jokes apart.... I know about your Gift for life!! But will not break the suspense!!

Waiting for another 5 star thread from you.

Cheers
Shibu Varghese

Thanks for not breaking the suspense. The curtain will be raised on a special day for sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fazalaliadil View Post
Shiva,
Here I am waiting too, to receive the gift from you. Will be visiting this thread until you announce it.
Regards,
Ahh.. this is what called Communication gap. Sir, I'm on the receiving end

Quote:
That must be HRH Mr. UBSingh.
Could be, as the FF are Mr.UBS, Mr.Muthukumar, Mr. Suresh Stephen and Mr. Patrick.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fazalaliadil View Post
Alfred Hitchcock would be biting his nails, either in suspense or frustration.
Regards,
Quote:
Originally Posted by SirAlec View Post
the suspense is killing me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sreerajunnithan View Post
@Siva, Why am I not so "exited" about this? Come on Siva, you are no Mega serial Director!!!! Spill it out, we are not used to this kind of suspense (Except Thar Thread)!!! GPW? MB? CJ2?, CJ2A? CJ3A? come on!!!

--Sree--
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shubz View Post
Am not saying anything.. Just waiting for Siva to update and update.. Got only a few hair left. don't wanna lose them all!
I have a reason to keep this information hidden for few more days, surely let you all know the gift and the reason for hiding the same now. At this point this tread is in warm-up state

Quote:
Originally Posted by svsantosh View Post
err, the 1st call looks like mine. May be not - but surely not the FF one
That is a majority call and anyone who talks to me very often will find their place in it.

Quote:
How sweet, you are good nitrous.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ex670c View Post
UBS = Low Bonnet
Though UBS = Low Bonnet equation works theoretical purpose, not sure if all or any of the attributes in this equation is right.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks