Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Vehicles

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 21st December 2010, 12:47   #61
AVR
BHPian

Launch Video

Hey

Any place where I can see the launch video now? Had a meeting and couldn't see it live

Adi
Old 21st December 2010, 12:51   #62
BANNED

Re: Launch Video

So the big hype of the THAR is finally over.

PRODUCT: Great lifestyle product, no doubt. Kudos to Behram sir and Team.

PRICE: Way beyond its worth.

Think of buying a 4x4 Fully loaded THAR in Bangalore, OTR will be close 8 lacs
Old 21st December 2010, 12:52   #63
Senior - BHPian

Re: Mahindra Thar Launch on 21st December 2010. Update: Price on Page 2!

Please could we have some photos and videos of the launch?

i couldnt see the live feed on FB!
Old 21st December 2010, 12:54   #64
Senior - BHPian

specs

Thar

features

Mahindra Thar

pictures

http://www.mahindrathar.com/gallery.aspx

heritage gallery

http://www.mahindrathar.com/Default.aspx

Last edited by sidindica : 21st December 2010 at 12:58.
Old 21st December 2010, 12:57   #65
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations to the M&M team. But i've my reasons to wonder if its going to be a lifestyle vehicle. Even if every single enthusiast on t-bhp goes and books the top end model, is that going to be good enough to sustain this model at the stated price? Can i only remain happy with capabilities and no comfort? Also, how is it expected that everyone who buys a thar has the time to go ahead and spend time/money to spruce it up? its not an off-the-shelf product with a standard set of features i want within the price range i need it to be.
My hopes crushed. My only reason for not getting into the OTR scene was that i could not afford to maintain 2 vehicles - 1 for daily grind and the other purely for OTRs. And neither do i have the time to do restoration job and save some money. Same reason i shelved my plans of buying a gypsy. Was hoping that the thar would give me exactly this feature - a vehicle right off the show room that goes to work, carts my family around and eats dirt sometimes. Too much to ask i guess.
Old 21st December 2010, 13:00   #66
Team-BHP Support

The on-road price of Thar CDRe in Karnataka will be within 7.15L, I don't know how others are arriving at much higher figures. We really can't add after market expense to the price, it differs according to individual needs.

My hearty congrats to the Thar team (Behram, Vinod, Prateesh and others we don't know) for pulling it off against all odds. Now let the market decide what to do with it.

Last edited by Samurai : 21st December 2010 at 13:02.
Old 21st December 2010, 13:03   #67
BHPian

The problem is that the CRDE Bolero is 7.5 ish on road in Delhi NCR.
It is getting very hard to somehow sneak the Thar in phor phamily also.
I am still willing to get shoes on head from aging parents and brother , if the a.c. version comes soon but with hard top and all again price will zoom.
Its getting tougher and tougher by the moment.
Old 21st December 2010, 13:04   #68
BHPian

Kudos to team BHP for having inspired M&M to come out with a OTR vehicle like THAR. However, the specification of the car and on road price seems to be little high than what one would want to pay for an off-road vehicle. Top end version less than 6.4 lacs on road would have been the right pricing IMHO

Last edited by ravikn : 21st December 2010 at 13:08.
Old 21st December 2010, 13:04   #69
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
The on-road price of Thar CDRe in Karnataka will be within 7.15L, I don't know how others are arriving at much higher figures. We really can't add after market expense to the price, it differs according to individual needs.

My hearty congrats to the Thar team (Behram, Vinod, Prateesh and others we don't know) for pulling it off against all odds. Now let the market decide what to do with it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilesh5417 View Post
Congratulations to the M&M team. But i've my reasons to wonder if its going to be a lifestyle vehicle. Even if every single enthusiast on t-bhp goes and books the top end model, is that going to be good enough to sustain this model at the stated price? Can i only remain happy with capabilities and no comfort? Also, how is it expected that everyone who buys a thar has the time to go ahead and spend time/money to spruce it up? its not an off-the-shelf product with a standard set of features i want within the price range i need it to be.
My hopes crushed. My only reason for not getting into the OTR scene was that i could not afford to maintain 2 vehicles - 1 for daily grind and the other purely for OTRs. And neither do i have the time to do restoration job and save some money. Same reason i shelved my plans of buying a gypsy. Was hoping that the thar would give me exactly this feature - a vehicle right off the show room that goes to work, carts my family around and eats dirt sometimes. Too much to ask i guess.
Sid i was asking for the photos of the launch ceremony!

well this is where the THAR MDI comes in, a perfect OTR vehicle which is les expensive compared with the CRDe!
Old 21st December 2010, 13:11   #70
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parm View Post

well this is where the THAR MDI comes in, a perfect OTR vehicle which is les expensive compared with the CRDe!
Parambhai , whats the fun in having a revised 540 ? ( with mdi engine & box chassis ) & dont forget its BS 3 , have a rural address ?

Sudarshan

PS edit . CRDE PRICE HURTS ! I will convert my Land Rover to 'PETROL'

Last edited by Sudarshan : 21st December 2010 at 13:17.
Old 21st December 2010, 13:12   #71
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilesh5417 View Post
The THAR is exactly what you wanted and covers all the requirements you've posted. Even the features catering to each individual will be provided "off the shelf" in a sense.

Its the affordability that hurts and I'm on your side, but i guess that's something which hurts everyone at every price bracket. A 20-30lac buyer would want the 30-40lac vehicles to be priced well and so forth. But in this case i think since there is hardly any competition with a diesel heart(most important factor compared to competition), MM are and have the right to be aggressive in their pricing. My concern is the A.S.S offered post purchase since MM is introducing themselves to two totally different buyers, the niche vehicle purchasers and the hard core off roading community - both have never been serviced by MM service centres and demanding in their own ways.
Old 21st December 2010, 13:14   #72
Team-BHP Support

Fantastic launch and prices from Mahindra! Sure has me excited, but i wont be able to afford it anytime soon! (Thanks to my wallet which wont allow a second car for atleast another 5 years, and doesnt have anything to do with the pricing, which I think sounds sweet!).

Its great to be a part of this community!
Old 21st December 2010, 13:16   #73
BHPian

Not able to see any of the live feeds in office. Please post some screen shots or pictures if available. Would be thankful!

Cheers
Abhi
Old 21st December 2010, 13:16   #74
Senior - BHPian

Someone must have gone to the launch, maybe by evening we can expect some photo.
Old 21st December 2010, 13:18   #75
BHPian

Thar brakes - Is it usual design to provide disc brakes in front and drum brakes for the rear? In another conversation, a Fortuner sales trainer mentioned to me that its appropriate configuration for off-road vehicles.

Last edited by dhuli : 21st December 2010 at 13:20. Reason: clarification edit
Closed Thread

Most Viewed