Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 21st December 2010, 19:37   #106
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Mahindra Thar Launch on 21st December 2010. Update: Price on Page 2!

Dear all TeamBHP colleagues - first of all, a very genuine "THANK YOU", all you wonderful people out there. It was hard to keep quiet for a long time but it was worth it.

Your help has converted my Thar dream into reality today. Thank you once again for taking the time from your schedules to see the Thar launch live. The real work starts now, so my core team and I go back to work.

By the way - "how do you make the Thar CRDe better than what it is today? . Let the interactions begin.

Please accept my best personal regards,

Behram Dhabhar
DHABHAR.BEHRAM is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st December 2010, 19:40   #107
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by offroad_maniac View Post
Oh boy, it sure looks horrible. Can give the dabwali jeeps a run for their money .

I do hope that this is not the customization options that M&M is talking about.
Old 21st December 2010, 19:44   #108
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by COUNSEL View Post
The stage where the THAR is parked looks so filmy! They should have prepared the ground just like off-roading rather than keeping few stones around the THAR and paste some sceneries behind the THAR!

Anyways, launch was important, which has finally happened!
Stones were not kept around the Thar, Thar was actually driven on those stones.
IMO, it was a suitable stage for Thar as an 'Go anywhere' vehicle.

& Yes.. The product launch is more important.

Media guys were given offroading test drives.
I am not sure if GTO or anyone else from TBHP were present. Waiting for someone to post a review here.
Old 21st December 2010, 19:48   #109
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHABHAR.BEHRAM View Post
Your help has converted my Thar dream into reality today. ...
Sirji, a heartfelt congrats and clap to you (and your team) for your tireless effort in getting this out. You guys should be proud of what you have accomplished.

Quote:
By the way - "how do you make the Thar CRDe better than what it is today? . Let the interactions begin.
Arre saar, do you want people to wait for another 4 years to buy a "New Improved" THAR? Let people buy this one itself. It's should be more than good for what people intend to buy it for
Old 21st December 2010, 19:53   #110
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by niks_devil666 View Post
IMO , the target audience is 18-30 year olds and enthusiasts.

Enthusiasts will buy it at this price too , but to get the young crowd buy this (first vehicle for people new into jobs) it cud have been priced lower. 7L shud be with a/c power steering alloys and everything

Anyways a person like me would prefer to put his money on bikes
with this pricing the target audience will be more like 35 to 45 year olds, with some midlife crises thrown in.
Old 21st December 2010, 19:55   #111
BHPian

Quote:

Behram Dhabhar
First thing, please throw away that bull bar and fit with one like what Kandaisa (Souman) has installed on his MM440....

Regards
Sadiq

Last edited by Salikt : 21st December 2010 at 19:57.
Old 21st December 2010, 20:06   #112
BHPian

Quote:
1. Add a hard top (as a accessory or factory fitted)
2. Add a factory fitted AC

Add the above 2 and we have a Metro Thar in the making
Old 21st December 2010, 20:18   #113
BHPian

Quote:
Dear all TeamBHP colleagues - first of all, a very genuine "THANK YOU", all you wonderful people out there. It was hard to keep quiet for a long time but it was worth it.

Your help has converted my Thar dream into reality today. Thank you once again for taking the time from your schedules to see the Thar launch live. The real work starts now, so my core team and I go back to work.

Behram Dhabhar
Many Thanks for all the spectacular effort of the Thar team; indeed an outstanding achievement for a mighty company like Mahindras.

One request from my side, please make the 'Thar Adventure' as a standard variant (off the dealers shop) and not as a Mahindra-customisation. As I would not prefer to send the vehicle (after registration from Bangalore RTO) to Mumbai to make it look that way..

It should be atleast be 'on-order' basis; hope the majority of the folks think this way!.

Cheers
Old 21st December 2010, 20:25   #114
BHPian

Quote:

Behram Dhabhar
Helo DB sir,

This is what I like in the front instead of that Classic type bull bar.... It will change the look of Thar a lot...
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra Thar Launch on 21st December 2010. Update: Price on Page 2!-thar.jpg  

Last edited by Salikt : 21st December 2010 at 20:27.
Old 21st December 2010, 20:49   #115
BHPian

Quote:

Behram Dhabhar

Dear Behram Sir, please accept a standing ovation from all of us here.. Congratulations to you and the entire team (including the Team Bhpians who were involved in the evolution of the Thar from being a mere concept to making it to production). We are might pleased that your efforts have resulted in the Thar becoming a reality for us.
Cheers
Uday

BTW, I prefer the white Thar as shown on the FB pages..
Old 21st December 2010, 21:02   #116
BHPian

Its launched today itself and i saw one on the road, it was DI model absolutely basic looked just like the jeeps which the forest department uses i have not seen the CRDE one so no comments as yet.
Old 21st December 2010, 21:44   #117
Senior - BHPian

Reincarnation of a Legend..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
My hearty congrats to the Thar team (Behram, Vinod, Prateesh and others we don't know) for pulling it off against all odds.
Quote:
Originally Posted by khan_sultan View Post
Congrats to the M&M team for bringing out the THAR. Special congrats to DB, Pratheesh & Vinod for their patience and never say die spirit :-)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
A big congratz to Behram, Vinod, Spike and rest of the team in M&M. Finally your dream has come to reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by fazalaliadil View Post
Congratulations to Mahindra, Sir Behram, Vinod, Spike aka Prateesh and the rest of the Thar (technical) core team from Mahindra who worked hard, close knit, dedicated, driven by self belief under the leadership of Sir Behram to bring this project to reality.
Quote:
Originally Posted by johannes View Post
Thank you BD sir and your team.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4army View Post
Congratulations to Mr. Behram, Mr. Vinod, Pratheesh and MM team !!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by svsantosh View Post
Behram Sir, Vinod, Prateesh, and the Thar team
Quote:
Originally Posted by swastikviji View Post
My hearty Congratulations to Mahindra, Behram Sir, Vinod ,Prateesh and the rest of the Thar team,
Quote:
Originally Posted by jp1 View Post
Congrats to the Thar team Behram Sir, Spike, Vinod and rest of the team making it a reality,
Quote:
Originally Posted by PAVAN KADAM View Post
PRODUCT: Great lifestyle product, no doubt. Kudos to Behram sir and Team.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MileCruncher View Post
Many thanks to BD, Vinod and Pratheesh for giving us the THAR.
Thanks to all you guys out here. Let the evolution of this product stand as a benchmark in the annals of Indian Automotive Industry. Without all your support this would not have been possible, Thank you Team BHP.

I think it is appropriate for me to introduce my wonderful R&D core team, who have made this day possible. The pic shows our first Engineering Prototype just out from our Protoshop. I am missing Amol Wagh (our Trim and ELV champ) and Nilesh Shivale (our little cherubic designer) in this pic, sorry!Name:  image001.jpg
Views: 35471
Size:  47.4 KB

Special mention of Dhabhar Sir, without whom THAR would have never seen the light of day. PERIOD! I guess, among all my team mates I along with Dhabhar Sir are the only few people who have seen this product evolve right from the Mechanical prototype -> Engineering prototype -> Job1 (Final sale able product). Me and all my team mates would rightly concur on his unstinting support, unswerving aggression and relentless passion in the evolution of this product. I bow down and salute you!

Spike

PS- For me as a 24 year old, who learnt driving on a MM540DP witnessing its inception in a new avatar is truly an inexplicable feeling!
Old 21st December 2010, 21:46   #118

Heres the presentation from MM team.

Old 21st December 2010, 21:48   #119
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations to Mr.Behram and his team for finally bringing out the Thar. I was looking at getting the Crde as an offroader for myself but the sales guys or the person at the Auto show being unable to give me an estimated time frame to release and waiting for months, i have gone and booked a Gypsy. It was only on sunday at the fiat meet that i chanced to meet Mr.Behram and he told me of the launch date. The damage was already done by then.
Old 21st December 2010, 22:10   #120
Senior - BHPian

^^ Speedy, guessing a gypsy usually takes a month or 2 before delivery, try to persuade Behram sir for a speedy' delivery of a Thar in case you are still half-minded over a gypsy...
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks