Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 22nd December 2010, 09:07   #136
BHPian

Re: Mahindra Thar Launch on 21st December 2010. Update: Price on Page 2!

It has been repeated so often but it never hurts to recieve another post appreciating Mr Behram......great job sir
Old 22nd December 2010, 09:16   #137
Senior - BHPian

is the thar coming with close cabin along with AC and if not how can we get it done,
is this facility available with mahindra?
Old 22nd December 2010, 09:32   #138
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruchirtnt View Post
is the thar coming with close cabin along with AC and if not how can we get it done,
Goodmorning sir..!!! Looks like you came late to the party by 2 years

The THAR has provision for a dual zone climate control enabled A/C that works in 4x4 mode and has a centrally locking remote enabled cabin. And yes, it also has a remote rear gate opener.
Old 22nd December 2010, 09:39   #139
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khan_sultan View Post
... yes, it also has a remote rear gate opener.
LOL! by the way just curious - do any of the fancy suvs have a remote rear gate opener? as in its a door in most right?
Old 22nd December 2010, 09:56   #140
NIP
Senior - BHPian

Congrats to Behram, Vinod, Spike and team on the Thar launch!! I for one am extremely exited, and my wife extremely worried that I'm going to swap my scorpio for the Thar as a daily drive .

That said, I went to India Garage (dealer in BLR) yesterday morning, and though the black Thar from the previous thread was there, they had no clue about the launch nor the prices. I was there with a friend and we wanted to test drive this beast very badly...had to come back dissapointed. Isnt this a nation-wide launch?? There neither any enthusiasm in the dealership about the Thar, nor was it inside the showroom on display. It was in the parking lot outside along with some other service vehicles. All I got was a "I'll call you" from the SE. They has no idea of pricing either.

And just for a mention here, It'll be very disappointing if the CRDe does not come in white. No other colour comes close to it (for this vehicle) and I will ensure one booking from my side will be done immediately.

Also mods, why so many Thar threads?? Please merge this with the previous thread with a 'now launched' message. Many people I'm pointing to tbhp for Thar info are finding it hard to search through the multiple threads here, not to mention laymen who do not know to use/search a forum.

Last edited by NIP : 22nd December 2010 at 09:58.
Old 22nd December 2010, 10:41   #141
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHABHAR.BEHRAM View Post
Dear all TeamBHP colleagues - first of all, a very genuine "THANK YOU", all you wonderful people out there. It was hard to keep quiet for a long time but it was worth it.
=================
By the way - "how do you make the Thar CRDe better than what it is today? . Let the interactions begin.

Please accept my best personal regards,

Behram Dhabhar
I had sent a Congratulation through Vinod to you, hope you got it. Anyways once again a huge Congratz and big hug to you and your team. You guys have really done it!

How to make Thar better?

1) Water proofing of electrical's. Khan and myself met the R&D chap from 3M here in BLR and he has solution for this. Do let us know, he is keen to work on this and is already working with Toyota etc

2) Front CV and auto diff lock? Any beef up's possible?

3) AC, we know that you are working on it. But yes would really help if it comes factory fitted. We really dont have great regards for the dealership guys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruchirtnt View Post
It says AC ready but for the time being it will be a dealer option. Hard top again is in initial stages is what we hear.
Old 22nd December 2010, 10:47   #142
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NIP View Post
... There neither any enthusiasm in the dealership about the Thar, nor was it inside the showroom on display. It was in the parking lot outside along with some other service vehicles. All I got was a "I'll call you" from the SE. They has no idea of pricing either.

Actually, come to think of it, the dealers are the weakest link in this chain. It seems that they are not interested to sell this vehicle. Maybe it's a mindset issue -- they are more than comfortable selling Scorpios, which is their bread and butter, so why bother for a niche vehicle??
Old 22nd December 2010, 10:49   #143
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Actually, come to think of it, the dealers are the weakest link in this chain.
==========
they are more than comfortable selling Scorpios, which is their bread and butter, so why bother for a niche vehicle??
I dont think they consider Thar as a niche vehicle, they still consider it as the agricultural MM's. I feel M&M has to put some efforts in training these dealers to better pitch and sell The Thar. I still believe the urban yuppie's are a potential if M&M gets it right

Last edited by Jaggu : 22nd December 2010 at 10:53.
Old 22nd December 2010, 10:57   #144
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

The THAR has provision for a dual zone climate control enabled A/C that works in 4x4 mode and has a centrally locking remote enabled cabin. And yes, it also has a remote rear gate opener.

With all due respect. The sarcasm is unwarranted. The guy just asked a simple question. Not everyone is as knowledgeable as yourself.
Old 22nd December 2010, 11:16   #145
GTO
Team-BHP Support

I'm going against the tide here, but I do NOT think the Thar is over-priced at all. I've never heard anyone complain of the Gypsy's pricing, thus am surprised that a 6 lakh ex-showroom price is meeting with some criticism.

Gypsy ex-showroom price in Mumbai : 5.58 lakhs
Thar = 6.28 lakhs

Difference = Rs. 70,000. What do I get for 70,000?

- Diesel Economy (this alone with worth the difference)
- More power
- More torque (247 nm versus 103 - That's 2.5 times more!)
- A power steering
- Better ride quality on tarmac

The differential value, of these 5 points combined, is a lot more than 70 grand. In fact, the Thar CRDe makes the Gypsy look overpriced!
Old 22nd December 2010, 11:20   #146
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

ROTFLMAO . Amazing Khan Saab. I want all those!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky_63 View Post
[/b]

With all due respect. The sarcasm is unwarranted. The guy just asked a simple question. Not everyone is as knowledgeable as yourself.
Well the guy asked a simple question which has been reiterated over the past 1000 pages in various THAR threads. Heck even if he had read the last few pages in this thread, he would have got his answer and wouldn't have asked this redundant question.

Its similar to someone asking me " Don't have time to browse through the THAR thread so you tell me the price and launch dates"

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
I'm going against the tide here, but I do NOT think the Thar is over-priced at all. I've never heard anyone complain of the Gypsy's pricing, thus am surprised that a 6 lakh ex-showroom price is meeting with some criticism.

Thar = 6.28 lakhs

Difference = Rs. 70,000. What do I get for 70,000?

- Diesel Economy (this alone with worth the difference)
- More power
- More torque (247 nm versus 103 - That's 2.5 times more!)
- A power steering
- Better ride quality on tarmac

The differential value, of these 5 points combined, is a lot more than 70 grand. In fact, the Thar CRDe makes the Gypsy look overpriced!
+1
Very well said!

Last edited by MileCruncher : 22nd December 2010 at 11:27.
Old 22nd December 2010, 11:23   #147
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thar = 6.28 lakhs
The ex-showroom price in Thane for Thar CRDe is 5.97 lakhs, right? Why is it so high in Mumbai? Because of taxes?

Waiting to see how much it would be in Pune.
Old 22nd December 2010, 11:30   #148
BANNED

Has anyone bought his beast yet??? Waiting for initial impressions....
Old 22nd December 2010, 11:32   #149
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky_63 View Post
[/b]

The guy just asked a simple question. Not everyone is as knowledgeable as yourself.
I get what you are saying but my friend that question has been asked & answered a gzillion times in many threads -- including this thread. All one had to do is read the thread instead of just asking questions without bothering to read previous pages.
Old 22nd December 2010, 11:34   #150
BHPian

Quote:

In fact, the Thar CRDe makes the Gypsy look overpriced!
My thoughts exactly!, although put in a different perspective.

Quote:
Originally Posted by absynthguzzler View Post
The THAR is exactly what everyone wanted and covers all the requirements posted. Even the features catering to each individual will be provided "off the shelf" in a sense.

Its the affordability that hurts and I'm on your side, but i guess that's something which hurts everyone at every price bracket. A 20-30lac buyer would want the 30-40lac vehicles to be priced well and so forth. MM are and have the right to be aggressive in their pricing.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks