Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 27th December 2010, 09:31   #346
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)
Re: Mahindra Thar Launch on 21st December 2010. Update: Price on Page 2!

@anuj:

You are not obliged to answer anyone, but please take the time to read the responses to your posts rather than barfing the same stuff again and again..
Old 27th December 2010, 09:46   #347
DKG
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sreejeshmp View Post
Yes I am going to wait. I don't want to be a test specimen to mahindra.I don't what to hear "THIS IS THE REAL THAR" after few months of delivery.
What gave you the impression the car is going to be changed soon?
Old 27th December 2010, 09:47   #348
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by sreejeshmp View Post

Sudarshan,

I think you are expecting too much from Mahindra and I am sure you are not going to buy a Thar with in a year.

- Sreejesh
Yes you are correct ,

A Little OT please bear with me
& I cant buy Thar today ( due to deficiency of Vitamin M ) there is already a car for everyone in family & no parking space left in the premises.

I will need to convince my familly members to get rid of thier old ones first OR I will have to get rid of the Land Rover but then where am I going to get another of such legendry vehicle ( half a century old )

I am in a fix now

But that dosent stop me from learning few more things & dreaming .

& yes if conditions allow I am Sure I will bet 7.5 on what DB sir has created ( may be afterwards I will mod it a lot, that he may not like )

Sudarshan

PS : a miracle might happen & I would purchase a Thar for myself around April next year .
Old 27th December 2010, 10:04   #349
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHABHAR.BEHRAM View Post
that one day I will make a 4*4 vehicle which will sprint like a cheetah and also provide amazing off road capability.

Would I even consider buying a brand new Gypsy? In 1986 (24 years ago), Maruti had offered me a brand new Gypsy in dark green colour for 1,13,000 rupees on road in Mumbai (I did not even have 13000 rupees in 1986, let alone 1,13,000 rupees). Today, they are selling a later version of it for more than 6 lakhs. And it is not even diesel. That too a long wheel base version with extended overhang? They don't sell the original short wheel base in India at all (they can't - 7 seats, remember?). NO WAY! Now you can decide.

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar
Hello DB Sir,

Nice to see you speaking from your heart.

The THAR may sprint, but from what we have seen, it does not have any amazing off-road capabilities, if did, then you wouldn't have skipped "the" Descent in AKC, that was a true test of the vehicle's suspesnsion in Real World Usage Patterns.

Nice to see you put down a competitor

I guess the heat is on

Regards,

Arka

PS - If time permits please do post a few pics of the rolling chassis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sudarshan View Post
if one dosent or cannonot prove what he says or evade questions it can be safely concluded that he is not talking truth or misleading people
Hi Sudarshan JEE,

Does that apply to Mahindra & Mahindra ?

Regards,

Arka

Last edited by Jaggu : 27th December 2010 at 11:08. Reason: Back to back posts, please use multi quote (Quote +) instead. Thanks
Old 27th December 2010, 10:35   #350
Distinguished - BHPian

Dear all - I would like to clarify that there is no V2. When I said, "how to make the Thar better than what it is now", I meant enhance its capabilities. Many of you seem to have misunderstood, hence this clarification.

Dear Arka - I never believe in putting down anybody. If I was like that, I would not be what I am today. I have just stated the facts. You cannot refute facts. 1,13,000 rupees price is true. 1986 is true. Gypsy shape has also not changed except for wheel arches and raised bonnet, which is also true.

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar

Last edited by DHABHAR.BEHRAM : 27th December 2010 at 10:39.
Old 27th December 2010, 10:49   #351
Senior - BHPian

Change or Progress

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHABHAR.BEHRAM View Post
Dear all - I would like to clarify that there is no V2. When I said, "how to make the Thar better than what it is now", I meant enhance its capabilities. Many of you seem to have misunderstood, hence this clarification.

Dear Arka - I never believe in putting down anybody. If I was like that, I would not be what I am today. I have just stated the facts. You cannot refute facts. 1,13,000 rupees price is true. 1986 is true. Gypsy shape has also not changed except for wheel arches and raised bonnet, which is also true.

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar
Hi DB Sir,

Please accept my apology.

A lot has Changed in the GYPSY since inception.

1) Track Width
2) Engine 1000cc Carb, 1000cc EFI GYPSY E, 1300cc Carb, 1300cc MPFI.
3) Axle Ratio & Heavier Carrier Assy.
4) Gear Box & T-Case
5) Suspension - Different Width Leaf Spring
7) Booster Assisted Brakes

Regards,

Arka

Last edited by ex670c : 27th December 2010 at 10:52.
Old 27th December 2010, 10:50   #352
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ex670c View Post
Hi Sudarshan JEE,

Does that apply to Mahindra & Mahindra ?

Regards,

Arka
Arka Jee you have asked a very difficuilt question but ok I will answer this in two parts

1) The answer is : its you choice sir . Basically it was aimed at a particular fella ,whose posts I was replying , particularly where I found the attitude of ' I am not answerable/obliged to answer to anyone here' . Now if you find such attitude, you dont need my advice as to what measures needs to be taken .

2) Now on a lighter note , add thease words 'for the timebeing ' to my original line & read .
It will be as follows & see what it means

If one dosent or cannot prove what he says or evade questions it can be safely concluded that he is not talking truth or misleading people , for the time being

I know where you are going to use this

Sudarshan

Quote:

A lot has Changed in the GYPSY since inception.

1) Track Width
2) Engine 1000cc Carb, 1000cc EFI GYPSY E, 1300cc Carb, 1300cc MPFI.
3) Axle Ratio & Heavier Carrier Assy.
4) Gear Box & T-Case
5) Suspension - Different Width Leaf Spring
7) Booster Assisted Brakes

Regards,

Arka
Hi Arka JEE ,

any clue as to how they achived this ? ( from Japan connection or Indian R&D etc )

Sudarshan

Dear bhp Support how can thease two posts be merged ?(360 & this one ) .actually its my bad ,canyou do it for me please ?

Last edited by Jaggu : 27th December 2010 at 11:10. Reason: Back to back post, please EDIT the original post instead. Thanks
Old 27th December 2010, 11:11   #353
Senior - BHPian

Re: Change or Progress

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sudarshan View Post
Hi Arka JEE ,

any clue as to how they achieved this ? (from Japan connection or Indian R&D etc )

Sudarshan

Dear bhp Support how can thease two posts be merged ?(360 & this one ) .actually its my bad ,canyou do it for me please ?
Hi Sudarshan JEE,

They were achieved from the Japanese Connection.

Just as M&M used the French Connection.

Regards,

Arka

Last edited by ex670c : 27th December 2010 at 11:14.
Old 27th December 2010, 11:26   #354
BHPian

DKG ,

I Think DB sir got the point Why we are Waiting to Book the Thar

" Dear all - I would like to clarify that there is no V2. When I said, "how to make the Thar better than what it is now", I meant enhance its capabilities. Many of you seem to have misunderstood, hence this clarification."

This time I am buying Thar for my Life time so Don't want to make a mistake again.

I had very bad experience with my Scorpio CRDe. May be it helped me to find an easy way to Buy a Thar. (I will post the story in My new THAR Thread)

Sudarshan,

If I had a Willys MB or a LR series X/defender90/110 , I would not think about a Thar.

For Me Its again a compromise between My passion to Jeep and My Lancer LE (both are for sale now)Which I am loving as you loves your LR.

- Sreejesh
Old 27th December 2010, 11:47   #355
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidindica View Post
Delhi price calculation:
  • ex showroom=Rs. 5,99,000
  • Registration= Rs. 31,636 @ 4 percent including 4676 MCD parking tax and 3000 brokerage to the authority
  • insurance (approx figure)-between 20-22,000
  • logistics=Rs 4500
  • temporary registration charges=Rs 1500
Total on road price in Delhi by taking 22,000 as insurance= Rs. 6,58,636
Thanks Sid,

That makes it a mighty attractive proposition. Have been talking with Koncept and Bhasin. Whom have you been talking to? Bhasin says that they will have the vehicle for display after Jan 1. Will go and kick the tyres etc. they are saying that the booking amount is 50k, is this fair?

Regards,

Chaunfa
Old 27th December 2010, 12:12   #356
BHPian

Apologies for the second quote but I was reading this thread backwards and realized that the man and his incredible machine were headed this way. So could we Delhi guys can meet you Dhabhar Behram sir when you are here? Its the least that we could do for giving us a vehicle for the mid-life crises :-).

Last edited by .anshuman : 27th December 2010 at 12:18. Reason: See rule#11. Thanks
Old 27th December 2010, 12:27   #357
Senior - BHPian

Guys i am no jeep expert or anyone even close to anyone of you'll on the 4x4 section, but i have been reading and following up on this thread.

Points i noticed are most of you'll had given inputs and many even in the real world have gone and installed scorpio engines to their MM540 and 550's. Now that the company has created something on those grounds and the time has come to put the money on the table, there is a shy away attitude and fault finding posts going on. The company and Mr.Behram along with his team have done their best at bringing you a car closest to an overall need.
I would recieve alot of flack by everyone including GTO and the MODs and i dont mean any disrespect to anyone, but tbhp members are not the only people the company is going to base the cars sales on. There would just a handfull from the entire members list that would buy the car. I think everyone needs to understand that the car is built and in production, so nothing can be done now. I am sure the people who would be buying it would externally modify the car and can make it to their liking.
Please do not think i am one of the talkers who dont walk the talk. My car is the first booking of Bombay and it has been promised for end of Jan.
Old 27th December 2010, 12:36   #358
Senior - BHPian

Specific

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy View Post
Guys i am no jeep expert or anyone even close to anyone of you'll on the 4x4 section, but i have been reading and following up on this thread.

Points i noticed are most of you'll had given inputs and many even in the real world have gone and installed scorpio engines to their MM540 and 550's. Now that the company has created something on those grounds and the time has come to put the money on the table, there is a shy away attitude and fault finding posts going on. The company and Mr.Behram along with his team have done their best at bringing you a car closest to an overall need.
I would recieve alot of flack by everyone including GTO and the MODs and i dont mean any disrespect to anyone, but tbhp members are not the only people the company is going to base the cars sales on. There would just a handfull from the entire members list that would buy the car. I think everyone needs to understand that the car is built and in production, so nothing can be done now. I am sure the people who would be buying it would externally modify the car and can make it to their liking.
Please do not think i am one of the talkers who dont walk the talk. My car is the first booking of Bombay and it has been promised for end of Jan.
Hi Speedy,

Are you sure that the New Off-Roader, which everyone was asking for just needed a Scorpio Engine?

Are you sure it has what is required in an off-road vehicle.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/4x4-ve...mm540-4wd.html

Please go through the above thread and match what are are there, also see the First Thar thread, and then decide, who has put forward what.

Kindly list out how we can modify the thar for better off-road performance.

Regards,

Arka
Old 27th December 2010, 12:42   #359
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy View Post
. The company and Mr.Behram along with his team have done their best at bringing you a car closest to an overall need.
I am sure the people who would be buying it would externally modify the car and can make it to their liking.
. Fully agree. Bang on.

Customized mods can be done over time. Some may see it a base vehicle and mod it to their specific needs. Others may just about be content with the stock version.
Old 27th December 2010, 13:01   #360
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi Speedy,

Are you sure that the New Off-Roader, which everyone was asking for just needed a Scorpio Engine?

Are you sure it has what is required in an off-road vehicle.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/4x4-ve...mm540-4wd.html

Please go through the above thread and match what are are there, also see the First Thar thread, and then decide, who has put forward what.

Kindly list out how we can modify the thar for better off-road performance.

Regards,

Arka
Mr Arka,

My post above was not a personal attack on you or anyone, it was a general one.

I am sure there would be the experts like yourself who would feel the car is not upto the mark and things could be done better and i am a nobody in this field. The companies dont sit to please every single person now, do they? They run a business and that is what the Thar is too them, one more feather in the cap. This does not mean that the car is going to fall apart driving through the first bump or something.

It like saying the W140 was a nightmare for electrical glitches so the W221 would also have that. Progress comes with trial and error and not by just saying things.

The only thing that i am trying to say here is and what all of us needs to understand is that it is an honest attempt to take things forward by the company.

I would rather have you see my car, than write down a to do list. I am not an expert but a lay man, so trial and error route works for me.

Please do not make this into a debate or an ego issue. You know way more than i do and i have no issues in saying it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by beejay View Post
. Fully agree. Bang on.

Customized mods can be done over time. Some may see it a base vehicle and mod it to their specific needs. Others may just about be content with the stock version.

Just for everyones information. The Thar crde comes with power steering and a dealer fitted AC unit as standard. This is what i have been told regarding my car.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks