Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Vehicles

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 27th December 2010, 23:33   #391
BHPian

Re: Mahindra Thar Launch on 21st December 2010. Update: Price on Page 2!

All I would like to know is does anyone have a clue about how the A/C is supposed to be installed in the THAR properly without any hiccups. Would the Dealer be doing this as a Dealer fitment or are there competent independent Mechanics who can pull this Job off Especially in delhi??

I will be much obliged if someone could shed some light on this?
Old 27th December 2010, 23:48   #392
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy View Post
this was told by the sales person who came to the office today. He said the dealership fits the AC and not the factory at no extra cost for the CRDE.
Could this be like the first 50 early birds get the AC fitment at no extra cost?

And when the THAR is said to be AC ready, it is not just the blower and space reserved for housing all the AC related components, it also means the ECM has the control logic and harness pin reserved for AC switch and yes the fitment can be done only at the production level and max at dealer level and nobody else below the dealer level can do it. The dealer has the access to program the ECM in order to enable or disable the AC.

Last edited by star_aqua : 27th December 2010 at 23:52.
Old 27th December 2010, 23:48   #393
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinhsha View Post
Uff everyday (and night) I am checking this thread and official test drive forum 500 times to check out the test drive report. Motoroid test drive was not very detailed. GTO, sidindiaca please save us. I am looking forward to the same to convince my wife that even though it does not have AC or in that case can't be locked properly still a very good buy and we should sell our dzire to buy this.
Please.
+1.

I am waiting for official review here before handing the cheque to the dealer. Good detailed reviews take time and I'll wait however long it takes to make my decision.
Old 28th December 2010, 06:02   #394

What is the point in waiting for the official review?? After so many senior members have vouched for the car?
Old 28th December 2010, 08:40   #395
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Uff everyday (and night) I am checking this thread and official test drive forum 500 times to check out the test drive report. Motoroid test drive was not very detailed. GTO, sidindiaca please save us.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackRaven View Post
I am waiting for official review here before handing the cheque to the dealer. Good detailed reviews take time and I'll wait however long it takes to make my decision.
Yes, this will happen soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrus43 View Post
What is the point in waiting for the official review?? After so many senior members have vouched for the car?
Cyrus, if you have read our official reviews, you should know why.
Old 28th December 2010, 08:43   #396
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by star_aqua View Post
Could this be like the first 50 early birds get the AC fitment at no extra cost?

And when the THAR is said to be AC ready, it is not just the blower and space reserved for housing all the AC related components, it also means the ECM has the control logic and harness pin reserved for AC switch and yes the fitment can be done only at the production level and max at dealer level and nobody else below the dealer level can do it. The dealer has the access to program the ECM in order to enable or disable the AC.
Dear Sir Behram, Vinod, Spike,
Kindly elaborate, especially on the underlined, as the first two Thar's, Green (Rocky Beige) to land in Hyderabad are taken by me.
My test drive is long over.
Regards,

Last edited by fazalaliadil : 28th December 2010 at 09:01.
fazalaliadil is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th December 2010, 09:35   #397
BHPian

Quote:
Uff everyday (and night) I am checking this thread and official test drive forum 500 times to check out the test drive report. Motoroid test drive was not very detailed. GTO, sidindiaca please save us. I am looking forward to the same to convince my wife that even though it does not have AC or in that case can't be locked properly still a very good buy and we should sell our dzire to buy this.
Please.
Just a suggestion Dont do that ,

IMHO Thar is not built as a long drive SUV-comfort vehicle for the family, its sole objective is torquey off-roading and the parameters considered in its development, as mentioned by BD sir, are all off-road biassed.

You can surely buy it as your second vehicle for these once in a month / quarter / half-year bone-breaking-indulgences but not for frequent family trips where there is no luxury of AC, safety of belongings when unattended etc. 7L is still a big price tag, for most of us its our CTC.

Perhaps do take experts advice, arka, fazal, allan etc...
Old 28th December 2010, 09:35   #398
BHPian

I think the thar is overpriced. considering you could get a jeep wrangler for 10lakhs with all options. fully loaded with winch et all would have been a good buy for 6.5 lakhs imo. I was going to buy the thar but the price of the extras is putting me off. i will never spend so much money for a vehicle which caters only to the purist in me!
Old 28th December 2010, 09:42   #399
DKG
Senior - BHPian

Guys the only way to see if a car is right for you is to test drive it. I have never bought a car just because someone reviewed it to be nice. Reviews add meaning when you can't have an experience of a product. When it comes to cars get out and test drive it, if you like it you buy it. If you don't you won't its as simple as that !

Remember not everyone will find your girlfriend or wife desirable just because you did !!

PS: I am not debating the value of reviews, just that there is no substitute to test driving a car yourself when you are evaluating it

Last edited by DKG : 28th December 2010 at 09:43.
DKG is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th December 2010, 10:00   #400
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKG View Post
Guys the only way to see if a car is right for you is to test drive it. I have never bought a car just because someone reviewed it to be nice. Reviews add meaning when you can't have an experience of a product. When it comes to cars get out and test drive it, if you like it you buy it. If you don't you won't its as simple as that !

Remember not everyone will find your girlfriend or wife desirable just because you did !!

PS: I am not debating the value of reviews, just that there is no substitute to test driving a car yourself when you are evaluating it
I agree completely. Different aspects of the Automobile appeal to different people and therefore no review will seem accurate to everyone. You need to drive a car and form your own opinion - the review can provide technical inputs but will be no substitute for the hands-on experience.
Old 28th December 2010, 10:10   #401
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parm View Post
thanks for the photos sid.

but how come CRDe is in white colour, the website and the forum discussions say its not available in white!!!

"
Thats what I thought too, India Garage mentioned that white is only for the MDI version
Old 28th December 2010, 10:10   #402
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yikes6633 View Post
I would love to check out the Rocky Beige color. Anyone spotted one in this color, if possible can Spikey post some pictures?

Yikes!
Here's a pic of what I think is the rocky beige thar from indian auto blog

http://indianautosblog.com/wp-conten...ra-Thar-16.jpg
Old 28th December 2010, 10:21   #403
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
The on-road price of Thar CDRe in Karnataka will be within 7.15L, I don't know how others are arriving at much higher figures. We really can't add after market expense to the price, it differs according to individual needs.
Hi Vinod, The official Mahindra website mentions the BLR ex-showroom price as 6.01 where are the dealers are quoting as 6,07,198. The on-road price is coming to 7,26,615.

Is there any specific reason why they are charging more or has the price been revised? Request you to clarify.

Thanks
Old 28th December 2010, 10:38   #404
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrus43 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DKG View Post

While i agree on test drive giving you a feel, it will NOT work always. Especially for a vehicle like Thar which is pitched more as an off the road vehicle than on road. A 15 minute test drive will reveal nothing in this case, am sure it will feel like a top less scorpio with lil more bounce in the rear.

Quote:
Originally Posted by noelravin View Post
I agree completely. Different aspects of the Automobile appeal to different people and therefore no review will seem accurate to everyone. You need to drive a car and form your own opinion - the review can provide technical inputs but will be no substitute for the hands-on experience.
This is where the official test drives comes into picture, where the vehicle will be driven over few days and various details are recorded. Which means different aspects of the vehicle in different terrains/conditions. I will not buy such an offbeat vehicle with just a small test drive. Either i need to have more info from reliable sources (like TBHP official reviews etc) or the dealer has to agree to a comprehensive drive in the terrain i wish to (low possibility).

I for one am really looking forward to a detailed test drive report from people who are familiar with what offroading is all about! That will really help me decide and not a 15 or 30 minute test drive in BLR roads!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackRaven View Post
Hi Vinod, The official Mahindra website mentions the BLR ex-showroom price as 6.01 where are the dealers are quoting as 6,07,198. The on-road price is coming to 7,26,615.

Is there any specific reason why they are charging more or has the price been revised? Request you to clarify.

Thanks
Mostly some stupid local tax for being inside the city. Anyways it really does not matter, when its over priced by 75k to 100k what difference the 5k gonna make, maybe you can bargain and reduce this from the so called "incidental charges" dealer takes for registering.

Last edited by Jaggu : 28th December 2010 at 10:39.
Old 28th December 2010, 10:39   #405
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nims View Post
I think the thar is overpriced. considering you could get a jeep wrangler for 10lakhs with all options. fully loaded with winch et all would have been a good buy for 6.5 lakhs imo. I was going to buy the thar but the price of the extras is putting me off. i will never spend so much money for a vehicle which caters only to the purist in me!
Nims i'd like to take you up on this offer. A 2010 Jeep Wrangler for Rs 10 lakhs and that too with all options and that too in India. Please sir, do give me a shout on any day of the week and i shall have someone come over to any city and pick it up. I am sure there are many more who would like to get one too.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed