Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Vehicles

Search this Thread
Old 6th June 2011, 21:05   #46
Team-BHP Support

re: Story of my Gypsy's transformation Journey from a MG410 to a MG413

Nice outcome Harjeev and good job at rescuing another gypsy. Just curious this is rally prepped vehicle right? Any plans of participating in one soon
Jaggu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th June 2011, 21:55   #47
Senior - BHPian

Awesome Job done Harjeev. It was a delight seeing it in action when we passed by each other at the Ridge Road today , and trust me it stood out in the moving traffic and was a head turner for sure.

Keep Revving Bro!!
harishnayak is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th June 2011, 22:02   #48
Senior - BHPian

Hats off to you and Aman to transform the rusty old gypsy back to a shiny, awesome state . Its looks very very beautifull. Does that scoop on the roof have any air opening or something like that. I have seen it on most of Aman's rally gypsy pictures.
Desmosedici is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 7th June 2011, 09:59   #49
BHPian

Congrats!!!
Gypsy looks really neat!!
hats off to AA of AA for AA

Cheers
GB
Gypsy-Boy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th June 2011, 13:22   #50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordmanchau View Post
I was comparing the vehicle pic before and after transformation and it was nothing short of a miracle.
You've read my mind. As soon as I have some spare time on my hands, I've thought that I will take the pics of the 'after the transformation shots' and post a side by side comparison.
Quote:
Hats off to you for pulling this off. I liked the fuel tank and spare tyre location.
You mentioned that you have fitted an A/c too!!.
AC is surely the next thing on the cards. I wanted to have it before but Aman suggested that I should first complete the runnin and then after 1000-1200 kms, the aircon will come. Hello summers!!!
Quote:
Color combination, recaro seats and the blue lit tacho meter is just class.
Under the hood pics are even more awesome, even better than new.
Thanks for sharing such magic with us.
Anytime buddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
Nice outcome Harjeev and good job at rescuing another gypsy. Just curious this is rally prepped vehicle right? Any plans of participating in one soon
Thanks Jaggu. Its not fully rally prepped. Things missing are the ROLLCAGE, DIFFERENTIAL STRENGTHENING, 8 SHOCK DAMPENERS. But again no plans to add these and I do not plan to participate in any rallies. Official duty is perfect for me. The reason for this is that rally participation is quite an expensive hobby and without any sponsors is too heavy on the wallet
Quote:
Originally Posted by harishnayak View Post
Awesome Job done Harjeev. It was a delight seeing it in action when we passed by each other at the Ridge Road today , and trust me it stood out in the moving traffic and was a head turner for sure.

Keep Revving Bro!!
Thanks Harish. I still say that you should have stopped me or waited so that I could have turned around and atleast we could have met. Lets plan something soon and meet up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desmosedici View Post
Hats off to you and Aman to transform the rusty old gypsy back to a shiny, awesome state . Its looks very very beautifull. Does that scoop on the roof have any air opening or something like that. I have seen it on most of Aman's rally gypsy pictures.
Normally rally vehicles have air vents inside the vehicle so that the dirver and the co-driver have outside cooler air while driving. Plus If I am not wrong, this air scoop, helps in cutting the air while driving at high speed. I am totally a novice, so might be wrong here. Will ask aman and confirm.
harjeev is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th June 2011, 14:26   #51
Team-BHP Support

Re: Story of my Gypsy's transformation Journey from a MG410 to a MG413

Now thats really a transformation!
I guess she is ready for the Raid?

I have one question about the K&N filter. I think you may have trouble with water crossings. I remember a travelogue by sudev, where a K&N equipped GV took in water due to similar placement of aftermarket performance filter. Since you were going for extensive modifications, why not a snorkel to make her the perfect offroad beast?
tsk1979 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th June 2011, 22:17   #52
BHPian

Transformation Indeed Harjeev Bhai. Like the color combo, seats and specially the BF Goodrich words in red. Please add a pair of Hellas, will complete the look for now... Until the rest of the mods are in place of course.

Is that the OE tank or a custom tank fitted behind the cabin?
S@~+#0$# is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th June 2011, 22:25   #53
BHPian

Congrats Harjeev! You and Amanpreet have truly done the "Cinderella act" with the MG410. I am overawed at the transformation. A "Royal Salute" to both of you!
Regards,
Ashok
ashphil is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th June 2011, 10:21   #54
BHPian

Harjeev , hats off to you and the person behind the transformation . The gypsy looks awesome . Red colour adds to more character . Thank you for sharing the outcome pics
karizma9292 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th June 2011, 10:36   #55
Distinguished - BHPian

Harjeev, The Gypsy has come out REAL good. Shows the passion that went into restoring it and doing it up.

Can you share more detailed pictures & info on the auxiliary tank, parts required etc. Would like to have a look

And yes, knowing you, please drive it for some time before you start yet another project :-)

Happy driving
khan_sultan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th June 2011, 10:40   #56
BHPian

Harjeev, congrats the vehicle looks awsome!! I hope with the beast out on the road you wont curtail your trips to Noida...
Praneet71 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th June 2011, 11:09   #57
Senior - BHPian

Brilliant job execution & attention to detail !! Congratulations on owning such a nice Gypsy !!

Cheers
Ricky_63 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th June 2011, 01:23   #58
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harjeev View Post

Thanks Harish. I still say that you should have stopped me or waited so that I could have turned around and atleast we could have met. Lets plan something soon and meet up.

I wish i could however i was getting late for work and by the time i BBM'ed you i'm sure you would have reached your home. I sure want to TD your ride and help you finish those 3 k kms

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
Now thats really a transformation!
I guess she is ready for the Raid?

I have one question about the K&N filter. I think you may have trouble with water crossings. I remember a travelogue by sudev, where a K&N equipped GV took in water due to similar placement of aftermarket performance filter. Since you were going for extensive modifications, why not a snorkel to make her the perfect offroad beast?
Was this Gaurav chiripals GV which got stuck in the water crossing during raid. I tried looking for that Video on youtube but hard luck

Last edited by harishnayak : 9th June 2011 at 01:24. Reason: addition
Old 9th June 2011, 01:51   #59
BHPian

Looks Good, Harjeev!
Reminds me of my Gypsy again! Darn, I miss it :(

When do I get a test drive?
gotzuk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th June 2011, 03:03   #60
BHPian

Awesome rebuild story. I am truly amazed by your passion Harjeev. And the Gypsy is looing gorgeous. And black rims and red BFG lettering tell the extent of attention given to the details.

Happy motoring for the years to come. And when is the Ladakh trip? (i can feel it in the air)
wanderhermit is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed