Team-BHP - The commitment to maintain Team-BHP's QUALITY!
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Announcements (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/announcements/)
-   -   The commitment to maintain Team-BHP's QUALITY! (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/announcements/10775-commitment-maintain-team-bhps-quality-10.html)

I am also one of the late joiners but have been trying to catch up.
This forum is addictive as hell.
Hats of to all who make this such a wonderful place to hangout.

Cheers

I want to appreciate the mods in keeping this site informative and clean. Keep up the good work guys.

Kudos to all the mods who have been doing an outstanding job. I think their committment to this site is fantastic and it shows in the quality of posts here.

Keep up the good work !!!

Yes indeed, more than the members, its the moderators who have to be appreciated for their concept of this forum, and their dedication in maintaining this forum clean and with the good stuff.

Hey mods. You guys have been doing great work. Have been a member for quite a while but its only now that i am harnessing the knowledge provided here. I must say that i am addicted to it now. This place is amazing. Its got everything that a person must know about automobiles. Appreciate your efforts mods and also to all those members who have contributed. Cheers guys.

Hey guys... let me tell you that all the hard work you guys put in does show. T-Bhp has tremendous presence on google and it's link crops up whenever I put in any serious auto related queries.

P.S. - I find the ICE section particularly addictive .

-T-Bhpian for life.cheers:

Friendly Mods,

Every time someone asks me or anyone these days about any cars or which car to buy etc then they are most likely to be directed to team-bhp. It is
said that the experts are in this forum and will guide you accordingly.

But here is the catch, not everyone here are the experts (for example, I am a newbie and even I can post my opinion). So how does one conclude after
reading all these posts?

Most comments here by newbies(like me also) are judgmental etc. How
can anyone say that this Car is hopeless and other comments like
this Car is no "value for money" eg. SX4 Vs NHC. How can anyone say
what money can buy and its value?

All this in my view is disturbing the person who is confused as to what car to buy. Who are the actual TEAM-BHP experts whom we should look forward to ?

Please advise.

PS: I took the chance to write this 'coz I know this post will be first
screened by a moderator and then posted. If you think this post is not
suitable then please delete it. But I really feel this way.

Quote:

Every time someone asks me or anyone these days about any cars or which car to buy etc then they are most likely to be directed to team-bhp. It is
said that the experts are in this forum and will guide you accordingly.
Thanks for the compliments :)

Quote:

All this in my view is disturbing the person who is confused as to what car to buy. Who are the actual TEAM-BHP experts whom we should look forward to ?
There aren't any actual Team-BHP experts....we are merely enthusiasts with a varying levels of knowledge. That said, don't ever make the mistake of relating post count to level of knowledge.

However, the sheer value of Team-BHP is that you will receive unbiased non-commercial advise on the most comprehensive range of topics. We will never / don't get paid by car manufacturers to write good reviews. What you see here is a community of petrolheads (by and for too!).

Might also do you good to check this section. Cheers!

Hafeez: One thing that you can do is to check on a guy before taking his advice. See the other posts made by the user, have a look at the threads he has started and you should have a fair idea of how much you should trust his judgment.
eg: If someone advices you on the Swift Diesel, check out whether he owns one, or had owned one in the past, or has had experience with diesel cars, etc. Do some research, stay on the forum for a while and you should be comfortable.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mhafeez_13666 (Post 819378)
But here is the catch, not everyone here are the experts (for example, I am a newbie and even I can post my opinion). So how does one conclude after
reading all these posts?

Well everyone is entitled to their opinion.
If 99% of the people think the ride in the back seat of a gypsy is a little bumpy, there really is no telling that the reader will agree with them. He might actually agree with the other 1% when he does get the chance to sit in the back of a gypsy.
So an exposure to all the views out there is a welcome thing.

However, if hard facts are misrepresented, they are usually corrected very quickly by newbies and seniors alike. (...and as GTO said, do not give "post count" too much importance)

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTO (Post 819452)
Might also do you good to check this section. Cheers!

To give you a little background on the link that GTO has posted (which is probably the best solution / answer to your problem) :

These reviews were not written by a single person, or handful of people.
They were compiled from thousands and thousands of real owners' feedback via a review form.
The consistent findings from those thousands of feedback forms were represented in the final reviews. The responses that were well outside of the standard deviation were not given as much weightage so as to arrive at the most consistent/universal/accurate review.

cya
R

Quote:

they are usually corrected very quickly by newbies and seniors alike. (...and as GTO said, do not give "post count" too much importance)
Valid point. Do you know that PCWorld actually ran an article on this, and used Team-BHP as a real world example? Click here to see it.

Quote:

My guide at this time were my regular visits to a car forum website (Indian Car Forum : Team-BHP : The Definitive Indian Car Community) and from my subscription to a Google alerts. The similarity between forums and blogs ends at both of them being written by users who are not necessarily experts. But, forums have the edge for authentic information since they are moderated and attract counter views.

Wrong information is most often than not spotted and countered well. For instance, in my case a wrongly reported feature in the car was flogged by counter views and was corrected promptly by the person who had posted it. This balanced view to the information is at times better than what you may get from single person reviews, which may not be factually correct. But, you still need to filter the forum posts manually to dig out the information. Thus, like a talk show on television, the forum is as good as its moderators. Also, as you differentiate between a newscast and a talk show, blogs and articles are passive. You can comment on blogs, but it is simply not as interactive and intuitive as forums.

Thankx GTO, Rehaan & Eddy! I agree !!

Now am feeling much better after reading your thoughts and the link
which GTO gave me. (Guess that should be the starting place).
And also give priority to the feedback from owners than people
talking from data.

And FYI the team-bhp fever has spread in my office that this has become
our prime work than our job :-)

Great Site, but highly addictive lol:!!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by mhafeez_13666 (Post 820304)
Thankx GTO, Rehaan & Eddy! I agree !!

Now am feeling much better after reading your thoughts and the link
which GTO gave me. (Guess that should be the starting place).
And also give priority to the feedback from owners than people
talking from data.

And FYI the team-bhp fever has spread in my office that this has become
our prime work than our job :-)

Great Site, but highly addictive lol:!!!!

Uh-uh. T-BHP is getting popular quite fast at my work place too, which is a large software firm with a lot of young people buying cars frequently. I see this site suggested far too often now.

Good going guys.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lalvaz (Post 701059)
Kudos to all the mods who have been doing an outstanding job. I think their committment to this site is fantastic and it shows in the quality of posts here.

Well said!! because its the mods who strive hard to keep the board clean and monitor it diligently to make sure everything is in order.

Good job mods!! Keep up the wonderful work! And let the T-BHP fever spread all around!!! cheers:

@mhafeez: You cannot judge a person by just his ranking or his post count on T-BHP. For example a person who has very good knowledge on automobiles might have registered recently and would be ranked a newbie. That does not mean he cannot give the right advise or give unbiased reviews. As mentioned by the Mods, they are not paid by manufacturers to give good reviews. And in the rare case of a person not posting the right reviews or is being rude, we have our omnipresent mods to clean the board!!!
So dont worry about the quality of information you are getting here.

Quote:

Originally Posted by abhinav.s (Post 823448)
Well said!! because its the mods who strive hard to keep the board clean and monitor it diligently to make sure everything is in order.

Good job mods!! Keep up the wonderful work! And let the T-BHP fever spread all around!!! cheers:

Some aspects in international/other vehicle forums, which you wont see in Team-BHP.
Lots more I cannot think of at the moment.

Thanks everyone, esp the Mods for keeping it clean, professional and mature.

I also think its the duty of the members to report abuse, when we see it.