Team-BHP - The commitment to maintain Team-BHP's QUALITY!
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Announcements (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/announcements/)
-   -   The commitment to maintain Team-BHP's QUALITY! (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/announcements/10775-commitment-maintain-team-bhps-quality-16.html)

Let me revive this thread for a sincere appreciation to the backend team. Today, when I read this article, http://www.team-bhp.com/news/hyundai...r-sales-spares , I was surprised to see my handle in the first line(in bold :D), being credited for the small piece of info I shared in the forum.

I was really surprised to see such a sincere acknowledgement of the very minute contribution I made right in the beginning of the article. I really wouldnt mind if it had not been done too, afterall, I myself posted it for the benefit of all. Kudos to you guys for the kind gesture. I have seen a lot of cases where information is flicked from some other site and posted in a different site with no attribution or a namesakes' mention of the source just to avoid issues, but this kind of attribution really speaks of TBHPs quality.

Keep it up guys! Thanks again!

Happy New Year To the Entire Staff and Members of Team BHP and Heartfelt Appreciation to one and all for the amount of information, help shared and great effort put forth by some to keep the community one of the most lively and honest bunch of guys around! Cheers and May thy tribe increase! Take Care and God Bless, Have a Responsible New Year! ;) lol okay okay I'll stop being so uptight!

Have Fun Bros on Wheels! Take Care of your cars and bikes and thank and wish them on my behalf for being faithful to you and keeping you safe and say sorry if you've been a bad half and don't blame the car or bike because IT CAN'T TAKE ITSELF to the WORKSHOP! :| Time to REUNITE with LOST LIFE! Live it up and Happy Revving Dear Friends!

I have a question... does TBHP ever have a spam problem? I've never seen a spam post though, TBH.

Team Bhp actually is way above many others in the league. To-the-point threads and guidelines of posting the matter on them has made Tbhp create an exclusive standing for itself. Members here do make mistakes but they all are provided with support of team in every possible way.

Infractions and Warnings are to be seen as a genuine provision for improving posting habits and gaining language control. On a lighter note; I probably have been the infractions favorite child. But, I vouch for the fact that those infractions have made me improve and with regular monitoring by the support team I am sure me and all other members will improve as non of us are perfect. Thus, Tbhp is the right place to brush up ourself to perfection with qualitative guidelines and maintain it's quality.

Thanks

AD

The often unappreciated efforts behind the scene are incredibly vital to maintaining the high standards of this forum. Kudos to the Mods who ensure that the forum standards are met. Without this monitoring Team-BHP would go the way of other forums - mindless ranting coupled with inexcusable language errors.

Love it here. Lets keep up the standards!

It's all useless rant for the importance given to write perfect English it keeps out many otherwise bright automotive enthusiasts away from this platform and us all devoid and deprived of their knowledge
The moderators if had given space to all such people would had been celebrating 1000000 posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by hate tar (Post 3631363)
It's all useless rant for the importance given to write perfect English it keeps out many otherwise bright automotive enthusiasts away from this platform and us all devoid and deprived of their knowledge
The moderators if had given space to all such people would had been celebrating 1000000 posts

Sorry buddy, but I disagree with you. AFAIK, the mods request for legible English & not perfect English. There is a difference between the two.

Legible English = English with basic grammar for all members to understand without any confusions.

Perfect English = English with perfect grammar, usage of dictionary words [something on the lines of novels]

Unlike speech, the tone of what is written can be misconstrued by each individual differently & hence the need for moderation to maintain decorum.

At the end of day, all members post their opinions & every member has the right to disagree with their Point of view. That's what make this forum so well known with a good fan base.

Being a silent follower of this site for couple of years & the reason I took the plunge to be a member was because of the quality information/discussions that happen.

I can definitely vouch that Team-BHP looks for Quality than Quantity for their posts :)

Cheers:thumbs up

Quote:

Can you elaborate as to what you are trying to say here?

What restrictions have you faced w.r.t in contributing OR are you referring to any other BHPian?

Quote:

I had to slow down my reading speed to understand the flow of your post. This is why the mods keep a tight rein.

Quote:

Sir, I strongly disagree with your view point. We will definitely be celebrating 1,000,000 posts sooner or later. TBHP moderators have real time jobs and other commitments like us and still, TBHP moderators take tremendous time and effort in maintaining the quality of our forum.

It's quality that matters a lot rather than quantity and because of this quality, everybody yearns to read TBHP. English is the medium of communication here and if TBHP stresses to improve it, there is nothing wrong in it as it improves readability. Apart from this, TBHP also stresses the rules like to avoid sms / chat slangs, to post information with evidence and Infraction points which not only improves quality but also the level of unbiased and exact information that we are getting here.

I do find too many enthusiasts and experts here and if any enthusiast stays away from TBHP, it is definitely a loss for him to abstain from this knowledgeable forum.

Quote:

See, you could have written the quoted post as below -

The importance given to write perfect English is useless rant, since it keeps out many otherwise bright automotive enthusiasts away from this platform and all of us devoid and deprived of their knowledge.

The moderators, if had given space to all such people, would had been celebrating 1,000,000 posts.

How difficult is it to write in a way that people can easily read and understand what you want you convey. Now, the above may not be 100% correct grammatically but this is all that the MODS are asking. I have not seen them give an infraction to someone for making minor grammatical errors.

Now read the same para as below -

Its all useless rant 4 d imp givn 2 write perfct English it keeps out many othrwise bright automotive enthusiasts away 4m this platform n us all devoid n deprived of thr knowledge d moderators if had given space 2 all such ppl would had been celebratng 1000000 posts

Takes more time and effort, doesn't it? Trust me, I have seen people communicating in this manner in some other forums and its a pain to read, decipher and understand their point!

Quote:

The aim of the forum is not just to increase post count. And your post is a good example of why the mods are sticklers for good grammar.

In the beginning,I was also sceptical about the strictness on the language.However,in due time,I came to realize that,overflowing of thoughts is of no use in a forum.The thoughts in a user's mind must be put in such a manner,that everyone can understand. What is the use of some words called as sentence and it gives a different meaning to each reader?
Good grammar with right spellings and punctuations makes the forum nice to read and I am convinced of this now. I congratulate the team behind this for keeping up the standards.

Quote:

IMO, look at the past you have typed yourself wick looks like a big lump of letters stuck together.

No punctuations, spacing so that it looks legible and easy to read + understand.

Look below, I'll repost your own post and see the difference:

Quote:

It's all useless rant for the importance given to write perfect English. It keeps out many otherwise bright automotive enthusiasts away from this platform and us all devoid and deprived of their knowledge.

The moderators, if, had given space to all such people, we would have been celebrating 10,00,000 posts.

Can you see the difference? Looks good and easily readable.

The Moderators have never demanded that it should be "Perfect English" always in every post. All they have requested is to maintain basic quality so anyone reading our posts can under the written matter.

Team-BHP is a very large community to keep am eye as it had millions of readers in form of members + guests. It is a public forum so quality must be maintained.

Sorry to be rude, what made you put that post, beats me! Care to explain?!

This is my first post in the forum despite having been following it for years. If only I had been active in the forum or maintained my initial/ original membership, I too could have been celebrating my decennial year. And commenting on the topic in discussion, I am very happy that the community is striving very hard to maintain the decorum. My heartfelt thanks to the moderators for the wonderful job.