Team-BHP > Announcements
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd March 2021, 14:34   #301
Senior - BHPian

Re: The commitment to maintain Team-BHP's QUALITY!

Quote:
Originally Posted by VPJ74 View Post
I've been meaning to write this for a while but was waiting to get tenured.

I feel the TeamBHP forum has a major limitation. A limitation of lack of diversity, Gender diversity. Our forum needs more women members. I am not sure how many women are active in the forum but we definitely need to hear their views.
The limitation is not imposed by an external force. Everyone is most welcome to apply for membership and to contribute here. The only criteria is that the person should be an automotive buff. I'm sure that there is no apathy to women here, and the mods are not going out of their way to debar women from contributing to this forum.

In the name of diversity, lets not go with any artificial constructs please.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VPJ74 View Post
Women today are a large percentage of drivers (and buyers too) and much more in urban areas. They use cars for various purposes which often are different from men - errands, shopping, kids and of course work. Their views on cars and what they perceive to be important features could be interesting.

A lot of discussion on the forum is about performance, road presence, image of cars etc but in today's world of practicality, safety and clean air it would benefit all of us to have women share their experiences and views here.
Agree wholeheartedly with your point and it will be interesting to hear diverse views and opinions. I do see some women contributing here and its always refreshing to hear their perspective.
Lalvaz is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2021, 10:21   #302
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalvaz View Post
The limitation is not imposed by an external force. Everyone is most welcome to apply for membership and to contribute here.

Completely agree on this one.

This forum is what it is because of its unbiased nature and absolutely no leniency to anyone senior, junior or gender wise. I understand diversity talks are in fashion these days but I'm with those who believe in true gender equality : without any reservations or helping hand just to promote diversity. Women are equals to men and this forum in open to everyone and in no way differentiates men from women. Quality doesn't have a gender
skyocean is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th July 2021, 22:19   #303
BHPian

Cars beyond the external looks were never of much interest to me, but thanks to team-bhp which got me into the habit of visiting the site everyday and reading up almost every thread and reviews which get posted.

It all started in 2014 when I was looking to buy a Ford Ecosport. I discovered team-bhp on google and never went back to any other web site after that day!

Cut to 2021, it has become a habit to spend sometime on team-bhp everyday and read up everything possible here, including reviews of older cars and comments by fellow members.

It is only now after 6 years I thought of becoming a member and it gives me immense joy to be a part of this awesome community.

Keep up the great work!
ZB86 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 20th July 2021, 14:52   #304
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalvaz View Post
The limitation is not imposed by an external force. Everyone is most welcome to apply for membership and to contribute here. The only criteria is that the person should be an automotive buff. I'm sure that there is no apathy to women here, and the mods are not going out of their way to debar women from contributing to this forum.

Agree wholeheartedly with your point and it will be interesting to hear diverse views and opinions. I do see some women contributing here and its always refreshing to hear their perspective.
+1

I don't think we have to fill up a "Gender" column while we apply for a team-bhp membership. Diversity should not be forced.
Geta is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th August 2021, 23:33   #305
BHPian

I have been exploring the landscape after joining the forum few weeks back, wealth of information is enormous.

Enjoying going through various travelogues, Team bhp posts are so addictive, it almost like binge reading.

Special thanks to all moderators in maintaining the high quality of posts
drivingmelody is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th August 2021, 22:42   #306
BHPian

I'm sticking my neck out here and will probably get a chop!

Over the past few months I've seen a lot of "new members" and "bhpians" picking up infractions and even getting banned. It hurts, because the mods spend a lot of time trying to vet people before approving memberships. Sometimes the infractions are minor like grammar or spelling, use an inline spell check. Others are for serious transgressions like ad-hominem attacks or posts adding zero value, breathe. Just read your post before hitting submit, if you are really worked up, argue with your self, and see if you still come out ahead in your head. I do it every single day, every day before I step up before a judge, why, because what we say and write is forever.

Let's try to take it easy in our first few posts eh? You think the mods were born mods? Look at Gannu's earlier posts, he was just a "bhpian" when he started writing about his DIY's. I think his wedding was in spirit attended by every member here, whether they knew him or not personally. I don't know him from Adam's, he probably wouldn't recognise me if he saw me, but hey man I still feel as if his experiences were told to me first hand. Samurai's earlier posts about the off road events etc, SDP, lots and lots of examples to show as to how just being useful in the community you come to be respected. I've seen some really heated discussions play out on the threads in real time, but never did anyone cross the line, though there quite a few flirtatious encounters with it. The Kushaq thread is an eyeopener, in terms of what to do and, also what not to do. From incredibly useful posts to juvenile statements against other members.

Also there is no reason to compare yourself to anyone here. Some of us are privileged in various ways, some of us are wondering when will we get to write about out "great car", you know what, each car/bike is ours, to us, its the best. Damn, I still think my Alto is better than anyone's S Class out there. Same is the case with our perceptions, just because I'm right, does not make you wrong, just like my Alto, is not in reality better than a S-Class!!

Come on, we've made it to the forum after a lot of work, why try to get kicked off it ya! Let's redline our engine's and not our emotions.

Last edited by shady_lawyer : 27th August 2021 at 22:44.
shady_lawyer is offline   (38) Thanks
Old 30th October 2022, 17:37   #307
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post

For those keen on more information about the team, here is the Know your moderators linky.
Awesome! This is such a great place and your efforts are highly appreciated to upkeep the decorum and quality of this community. That is what Team-BHP is all about. Keep up the good work and keep revving.

Last edited by Turbanator : 30th October 2022 at 18:33. Reason: Trimmed quoted post.
monte_carlo is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th November 2022, 20:07   #308
BHPian

I have been following Team-BHP since a long time now. I had immensely gained from collective knowledge and experience of Team-BHPians during the course of my motoring life. Quite often while searching for a topic, I get hooked to another one. Such is the depth of knowledge and varied experience shared by amazing community here. The content quality is superb and hats-off to moderators in maintaining it throughout the board. My first post here, has to be to thank everyone in making Team-BHP what it is today.
Haldian is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 8th November 2022, 13:53   #309

The dedication and excellent standards maintained by the moderators and members have always surprised and pleased me. I have read many forums and the responses to queries, the appreciation for a fellow member's new vehicle have always been positive and informative. Keep up the good work.
George Thomas is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th May 2023, 16:50   #310

The quality of this forum is just amazing. The entrance test to join the forum and the time taken to approve the joining request, simply shows the amount of work the moderators are doing. The consistency with which each post is monitored for forum rules have ensured highest quality of content. At the same time, the knowledge each moderators and fellow motorheads share here makes this site a super power of automobile knowledge (and many other topics too). The site world class. Great (& hard) work mods and motorheads.

Gratitude from bottom of my heart.
CarmaYogi9 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 29th May 2023, 15:14   #311

Quote:
Originally Posted by shady_lawyer View Post
I'm sticking my neck out here and will probably get a chop!

I do it every single day, every day before I step up before a judge, why, because what we say and write is forever.

The Kushaq thread is an eyeopener, in terms of what to do and, also what not to do. From incredibly useful posts to juvenile statements against other members.

Also there is no reason to compare yourself to anyone here. Some of us are privileged in various ways, some of us are wondering when will we get to write about out "great car", you know what, each car/bike is ours, to us, its the best. Damn, I still think my Alto is better than anyone's S Class out there. Same is the case with our perceptions, just because I'm right, does not make you wrong, just like my Alto, is not in reality better than a S-Class!!

Come on, we've made it to the forum after a lot of work, why try to get kicked off it ya! Let's redline our engine's and not our emotions.
Liked the theme running in your post. It gives me, a newbie, an good idea of what to do, and what not to do, before putting it permanently in black and white, forever (im)printed on the forum!!
Thank you
CarCar is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 31st July 2023, 14:50   #312
BHPian

Hats off to you guys

The quality of the forum speaks to itself about the dedication you people are putting into this forum is commendable. I am really proud of being part of this family

Keep up the good work fellas.
IamYogi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st August 2023, 13:34   #313
BHPian

Team-BHP is a great place for one to get original content. There are a lot of insights which are shared by people who are very passionate about the content of their posts. I think the main reason for all to look into Team-BHP is for their car reviews which take it to another level. To be free from any kind of influence from powerful automotive industry and commitment by the team to maintain quality of the published content are the key for its success and respect. I will not be surprised if the automotive industry is silently taking a note from the content on this site to improve their products for benefit of all.

Better be late than never. I joined this forum in the month of my retirement and wish to spend quality time reading and participating in various discussions of life in general and automobiles in particular.
Mystic is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks