Team-BHP > Announcements

Search this Thread
Old 19th December 2009, 19:21   #181
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatchyBoy View Post
Though I have been an active member for a couple of years now, it is mostly reading and very less contribution. Wish there was some area in T-BHP where I could contribute more.

Kudos to the support team in maintaining the high standards of this forum. Frankly, I was disillusioned in between and had even stopped posting, as owning a FIAT was a definite handicap, at least before the Linea and the Punto. Ironically, what put me off was not the FIAT bashing, but the FIAT fans who were going overboard with their brand loyalty.

After exploring other forums, I realized that T-BHP has grown to the levels of maturity we are at, after a lot of experience. I know quite a few members, who are very active on other forums, but still turn to T-BHP for good, sensible information. That by itself speaks volumes.

The adherence to correct grammar, restriction to 2 smilies per post, avoidance of SMS lingo and other rules do seem very restrictive at first sight. But I understood the sense behind these rules only after reading posts elsewhere, where no such rules exist.

I am proud to be part of this great community and am willing to contribute what I can to help its continued success.

Hats off Team-BHP.

Rajan

Hey Rajan, You stole the words from my mouth.

Kudos to TBHP, and thanks to one and all for the contribution and keeping this a no nonsense forum. The information that we have captured here till now, and ease in which we can access them makes TBHP miles ahead than any other forum.

I have never ever been able to express myself the way I can do in this forum, and thanks guys for the encouragement and a wonderful forum.

I am really proud to be here, and wish us many more success.

Cheers
Lalu

Last edited by laluks : 19th December 2009 at 19:23.
Old 24th January 2010, 19:11   #182
BHPian

I am in awe of Team bhp, it has made me wiser, i can very well differentiate between the words written just for the sake of posting & the ones written by a man possesed.its that focus in those words that i trust, in here & i can see a purpose & a mission behind all things typed.
Old 2nd March 2010, 16:36   #183
RGK
Senior - BHPian

I am new to TBHP and the quality of the forum is very good. My membership was rejected twice and on seeing the seriousness and benchmark I tried again and again to get into. The support team's contribution is immense and there is a lot of backend activity to keep this forum up and working fine. Thanks everyone
Old 24th March 2010, 19:12   #184
Senior - BHPian

This is the ultimate: Somebody in my office actually asked me to recommend his name for membership at team-bhp.
Old 24th March 2010, 21:16   #185
Team-BHP Support

^^ Tell him a well worded 50-80 word "why team-bhp" note should be sufficient.
Eddy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th March 2010, 10:34   #186
BHPian

A job very well done

Just wanted to echo the sentiments of everyone else here.

This is my favourite hang out place online. I love the topics. I love the contrarian thinking. I love the disagreements

Love the crisp feedback from the user on queries.

I am proud to say that I am a part of this cult.

I know so many of my friends who ridiculed me earlier are completely dependent on the test drive reports and ownership feedbacks before they put their money on their car.

And all of this wouldn't have been possible without the dedication and commendable efforts of the mods in keeping everything objective

MODS - Take a bow

Cheers
Old 28th March 2010, 04:07   #187
Senior - BHPian

After being a member for close to two years, I still find myself stumbling across thread and sections that I had never visited earlier. Treasure troves waiting to be discovered.

I am sure many of us have felt the same way; logging in surreptitiously while one is in a meeting, chatting to friends online while keeping an eye on the forum, sometimes inviting the wrath of our loved ones for not paying enough attention, team-bhp has been responsible for all that and more.

Cars are an emotive subject, one where passions run high, a subject that usually strains one's objectivity; team-bhp and it's Mod-team has been able to rein that in, and in the most constructive fashion. Getting into a heated argument with a fellow bhpian can rankle for a while, but at the end of the day, it's all in good spirits. Cheers to that!
Old 9th May 2010, 20:45   #188
BHPian

Standards set by team bhp is so high, I being a newbie , I make sure the purpose of posting,( grammar, right information.) . To be frank with you I have become wiser in thinking & writing habits. Thanks to BHP team
Old 2nd June 2010, 12:23   #189
Senior - BHPian

The quality guidelines / standards are very good, but there can never be control over the quality of content. Many a times there are posts which do not add any value and are just either congratulatory or seconding the opinion, or further are just one liners.

Two such (SMS language) of my posts were edited and infraction issued but only after months. I am not questioning any body, but with the amount of popularity and the volume of posts it is very difficult task for the moderators to scrutinize them.

Thus it should be our responsibility to maintain the quality of the forum, there by helping the mods.

I do understand there are sometimes where one cannot stop praising or congratulating, in fact that makes the owner or the thread starter proud and happy, but then a balance can always be achieved. Sorry if I have hurt some ones feelings. The post is for the benefit of the forum.

Bye & Happy Motoring.

Last edited by manishalive : 2nd June 2010 at 12:24.
Old 3rd June 2010, 09:06   #190
Senior - BHPian

Mods, just had a query so thought of asking it here-

i have often noticed that infactions are written in this format- 0/1 (4)

i do understand that here '4' stands for a 4 point infraction. can you tell me what does '0' & '1' stand for?
Old 3rd June 2010, 11:40   #191
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
i have often noticed that infactions are written in this format- 0/1 (4)

i do understand that here '4' stands for a 4 point infraction. can you tell me what does '0' & '1' stand for?
Raj, your query has been answered here :

Explanation
Old 3rd June 2010, 13:05   #192
Senior - BHPian

Thanks buddy, understood perfectly.
Old 3rd June 2010, 16:20   #193

TeamBHP attracts users and more improtantly make them hooked

All credit to these moderators, who have been constantly on the go editing the contents and standardizing the site for some quality language and contents.

Myself was going through these post for a while now and the strong penchant to be a member happened following these quality write ups.

Kudos to all the moderators and off course GTO for coming up with such a wonderful site. Keep them all coming.........

Great job guys
Old 21st June 2010, 16:05   #194
Senior - BHPian

Happened to talk to a colleague over lunch:

How he learnt about 'team bhp' is not through google - he actually visited this site after seeing the 'team bhp sticker' on a car in front of him while driving to office.

He bought a Punto 2 months back, and he says the reviews on 'team bhp' has helped him in deciding.

He also thinks that the site "doesn't look good". Looks are subjective, I must say. May be the looks that car gurus like, doesn't necessarily impress the layman.

Last edited by jinojohnt : 21st June 2010 at 16:07.
Old 21st June 2010, 16:38   #195
Senior - BHPian

I have been thinking of writing about my first and the only online forum experience. On reading this thread thought of typing my thoughts here rather than one more thread.

I have been a member here since Sept 2009. I have been known about the forum since Dec 2004, but never tried to join as i was thinking it is a waste of time (alternatively there were other priority things to be done). I even do not remember what i wrote in my registration form question "Why Team BHP ?"

But since then the association has been a learning journey. Few things i learnt here were:

1. What is a on line forum and How a board works ? How the online communities are an extension of real life communities ?

2. How consensus emerges in a group on a difficult or diverse topic ?

3. Real life equivalent actors do exists in online forums. e.g. Fans, Followers, opinion leaders, spammers, rumor mongers, leaders, managers, common consumers, marketeers, advisers, mentors, showman, stars, senior citizens, kids, mature adults etc

4. This forum helped me to buy my new car ANHC. i learn t a lot about the ANHC as well as it's competitors, several ownership reports helped to clarify the doubts and make the decision. i have not regretted the decision till now an year hence.

5. This forum has helped me to learn about new travel destinations, travelers expereince, precautions to be taken during road trips, etc which is of immense help several time during tha last ~ 2 years.

6. Ofocurse this forum allows me to express myself, share my view point, get a feedback about it from others, able to access the info anytime.

7. I have gained a few "friends" here.

There has to be a balance or win-win in every relationship, this is essential for healthy and fun-filled relationship. I have also been able to contribute where were possible.

In all i am a "happy to be here" member, a consumer as well as contributer.

Thanks to the founders of the forum, moderators, fellow memebers who keep this fourm a "worthy place to frequent" just like neighbourhood garden.

Last edited by StarVegabond : 21st June 2010 at 16:40.

Most Viewed