Team-BHP > Announcements

Search this Thread
Old 29th February 2020, 12:55   #286
BHPian

re: The commitment to maintain Team-BHP's QUALITY!

I've been meaning to write this for a while but was waiting to get tenured.

I feel the TeamBHP forum has a major limitation. A limitation of lack of diversity, Gender diversity. Our forum needs more women members. I am not sure how many women are active in the forum but we definitely need to hear their views.

Women today are a large percentage of drivers (and buyers too) and much more in urban areas. They use cars for various purposes which often are different from men - errands, shopping, kids and of course work. Their views on cars and what they perceive to be important features could be interesting.

A lot of discussion on the forum is about performance, road presence, image of cars etc but in today's world of practicality, safety and clean air it would benefit all of us to have women share their experiences and views here.
VPJ74 is offline   (16) Thanks
Old 29th February 2020, 13:24   #287
BHPian

The mistakes that are commonly committed elsewhere are regularly seen in this forum as well. For example, the usages such as "since two years", "your" instead of "you are", "I and so and so" have become common. Just like the unruly traffic around us, I have learnt to adapt and let them be.
swissknife is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2020, 13:05   #288
BHPian

I should first congratulate the Moderator and the administrators for the excellent job they are doing. Building a huge community of unknown faces and getting them abide by pre set rules is an achievement in itself. I think, despite these set of rules (which takes some time to get familiar with), the one thing that keeps our posts flowing is the love for automobiles. I would like to pin point here the brotherhood which prevails in the community (Altroz test drive cars was a classic case to highlight this point). Coming from the media industry, I understand the importance of content curation and you guys are doing your best to keep the forum lovely and lively.
born.4thnov is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th October 2020, 22:03   #289
BHPian

Re: The commitment to maintain Team-BHP's QUALITY!

I got approved to join this wonderful community only today & i couldnt be happier than for this to be my first post !

Ive been following this community for years & i would like to thank each and every one of the administrators. You are not only doing wonderful work , but critically, this wonderful work has been relentless ! A lot of people do good work but only very few have the perseverance to keep it up over time !

Thank you for giving me the opportunity to be a part of this wonderful community. I will try my best at adhereing to all the community rules & make sure i dont add to the massive job you have undertaken.

Thank you.
CalmConquests is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th October 2020, 09:54   #290

Quote:
Originally Posted by swissknife View Post
The mistakes that are commonly committed elsewhere are regularly seen in this forum as well. For example, the usages such as "since two years", "your" instead of "you are", "I and so and so" have become common. Just like the unruly traffic around us, I have learnt to adapt and let them be.
I am assuming you are pointing towards an incorrect usage of the English language. Or is it something else? If it is about the usage of English language, we will need to understand that as a country we are native English speakers and, therefore, it may not be right to expect "proper English" grammar all the time. This is not to mean that usage of slang or other rules applicable to the forum should not be implemented. But maybe just understanding where the person is coming from may help us understand.
Old 19th October 2020, 11:47   #291
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aishmishra View Post
I am assuming you are pointing towards an incorrect usage of the English language. Or is it something else? If it is about the usage of English language, we will need to understand that as a country we are native English speakers and, therefore, it may not be right to expect "proper English" grammar all the time. This is not to mean that usage of slang or other rules applicable to the forum should not be implemented. But maybe just understanding where the person is coming from may help us understand.
I think you mean English is not our native tongue. But ended up saying the opposite.

We can all learn by reading the posts of others, by observing how they use the language and correct/polish our own skills. The learning process and exchange of views need not be about automobiles alone.

I feel spelling and grammatical errors should not be glossed over, and that this quality policy is necessary. This is what makes going through the forum a pleasure.
Gansan is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 19th October 2020, 16:55   #292

You are right Gansan. I missed a "not" there.

Also, I agree with your point about learning through observation. The suggestion was just that the errors that one sees could be due to a person not knowing the correct usage.
Old 26th October 2020, 12:59   #293
anb
BHPian

Team-bhp is an automobile forum and a lot of political discussions are taking place here too. Today, I was going through a particular member's profile. The profile has made 87 posts on various issues but only one or two was related to automobile and the remaining 98 percent was not related to automobiles. In my opinion, it's better to have some rules to restrict posts from such members or to remove those members who has no interest in automobile related topics.

Last edited by anb : 26th October 2020 at 13:20.
anb is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 7th January 2021, 16:48   #294
BHPian

The work done by the moderators here is really commendable. It's really difficult to track and maintain the quality of the forum since people are from different walks of life. I can see and sense that each and every member here is an enthusiast in their own way. Everybody brings a type of passion when it comes to automobiles. I am extremely lucky to be part of such a prestigious forum where one can get answers to almost every single problem related to automobiles.

Once again thanks Team BHP and all the members for their dedication to keep this forum so lively and informative!
chetancm7 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th January 2021, 19:23   #295
Sen
BHPian

I can attest to the kind of hard work and dedication the mods here have. From small reports on other threads to correcting your own review's info, (I count having submitted at least 7 reports on just one of my own posts, sorry again mods for the hassle).

Truly incredible dedication round the clock!
Sen is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th January 2021, 16:41   #296
BHPian

The monthly sales data of vehicles has gotten delayed quite a lot. Today is 10th and it has still not been published yet.
Old 10th January 2021, 16:47   #297
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by akj53 View Post
The monthly sales data of vehicles has gotten delayed quite a lot. Today is 10th and it has still not been published yet.
I understand everyone looks forward to these sales analysis thread posted by MOD Aditya but one has to understand that there was a delay in obtaining that data from the source we use i.e. AutoPunditz website.

As per the website, the data was posted on the 8th of Jan only. So do give a buffer period of 2-3 days minimum for the thread to be made and charts to be dished out from that sales figures. I presume the thread will go live tomorrow morning.
a4anurag is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 14th January 2021, 19:53   #298
Senior - BHPian

Kudos to the Mods.

Some recent events on the usual social media platforms reminded me that we don't have these issues in TBHP, the reason, our Mods.

All I can say is Thanks for the splendid work you guys do to maintain TBHP's quality every single day
shancz is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 25th January 2021, 15:51   #299
BHPian

Being a newbie, I am just beginning to understand the true potential of this forum for someone to learn more about what they are most passionate about. AUTOMOBILES!!
I dont see a single other source as informative as Team BHP . Also cannot fathom the sheer amount of work, time and patience the MODS must be putting into this to maintain the sanctity of the community.
It is very difficult in today's time to give in so much of an effort without any monetary benefit, something like this needs to be applauded

Thank you Team BHP for sharing all the knowledge you guys have and keeping us members new and old hooked onto this forum !!
SN88 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 25th February 2021, 17:11   #300

I can only imagine the amount of time and effort needed to maintain such a large forum. A heartfelt thanks to all the mods for their dedication. Hope the tribe grows!
skasse is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed