Team-BHP - Team-BHP Skin for Smartphones & Mobile devices
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Announcements (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/announcements/)
-   -   Team-BHP Skin for Smartphones & Mobile devices (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/announcements/163039-team-bhp-skin-smartphones-mobile-devices-5.html)

I am getting a 503 error while trying to upload pictures using the mobile skin (in the Manage Attachments window).
I am using Moto G (Android 5.1.1).

Team-BHP Skin for Smartphones & Mobile devices-aqfua_q5ckoep_sydsig7dk38v460nmomljyfxz01nr.jpg

--Anoop

Update to the SmartPhone Skin:

Guest users were complaining that there was no easy way to go to the last page of a thread (when there were new posts in it) as the "Unread" link would take them to the first page if they had never visited the thread before.

To overcome this, I've changed the forum index pages to now show both, Unread & Last Post links for unread threads. :thumbs up

Quote:

Originally Posted by bejoy (Post 3795938)
Something weird happened. I got a PM and responded to it. But the message was not in Sent Items folder.

Really strange one bejoy! Has this happened again since?

Quote:

Originally Posted by theexperthand (Post 3810993)
I am getting a 503 error while trying to upload pictures using the mobile skin (in the Manage Attachments window).

That error pops up occasionally when our caching server encounters a problem.

Is this a consistent problem you face?
Has it happened again?
Are you on an office network / behind a firewall or proxy?

Thanks,
R

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rehaan (Post 3691749)
...Mobile Tip 2: Load faster

Load pages & images way faster. Save money on data costs too:
Turn ON the 'Data Saver' feature in Mobile Chrome > Settings > Data Saver
Attachment 1363450

Not sure this question was asked & responded earlier, is this only for Chrome in mobile?

I use a Windows phone and use IE primarily.

Quote:

Originally Posted by swiftnfurious (Post 3990019)
Not sure this question was asked & responded earlier, is this only for Chrome in mobile?

I use a Windows phone and use IE primarily.

This particular feature is Chrome's implementation.

Browsers like Opera have had similar functionality (Opera Turbo) since a while.

Basically traffic is routed via their proxy servers, and heavy stuff like images are reduced in size (to be sufficient enough for mobile screens) and sent across. This saves data.

I don't know what's available for Windows Phone, but do check out this link, which is applicable to WP8.1 / IE11.

Team-BHP Skin for Smartphones & Mobile devices-browser_data_savings.jpg

I have stopped using the Team-BHp app on ios and Android platform and pretty happy with performance of 'bhp mobile' in browser. However I have two issues to submit. Firstly, the option of FAQ is not available in BHP Mobile. And secondly the option to see only photographs in the thread is also missing. Otherwise the mobile bhp skin is very fast to load and easy to use. Thank you team Bhp support team.

Quote:

Originally Posted by dinesh6481 (Post 4021397)
Firstly, the option of FAQ is not available in BHP Mobile. And secondly the option to see only photographs in the thread is also missing.

Hi Dinesh6481,

As part of simplifying things for the Smartphone skin, we had to leave out a few very scarcely used features, like the FAQ for example. If you wish to access this, you could temporarily switch over to the desktop view on your mobile.

Same applies for the 'attachment' (paperclip) icon. Though we'll be looking at ways to re-integrate this into the Smartphone skin in the future, perhaps with some improved functionality.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rehaan (Post 4022268)
Hi Dinesh6481,

As part of simplifying things for the Smartphone skin, we had to leave out a few very scarcely used features, like the FAQ for example. If you wish to access this, you could temporarily switch over to the desktop view on your mobile.

Same applies for the 'attachment' (paperclip) icon. Though we'll be looking at ways to re-integrate this into the Smartphone skin in the future, perhaps with some improved functionality.

Thank you very much Rehaan. I like the simplified view and yes I do occasionally switch to Desktop view for FAQ. Since I have recently joined in, many a times I need clarification on Forum/thread rules and I don't want to post inane queries when the same are adequately covered in FAQ section. Just a matter of clicking at bottom to switch.

Hi Rehaan,
Hope I'm not asking for too much, but is it possible to implement notifications for chrome for the smartphone skin?

Quote:

Originally Posted by landcruiser123 (Post 4044909)
Hi Rehaan,
Hope I'm not asking for too much, but is it possible to implement notifications for chrome for the smartphone skin?

Certainly something we'd love to do. In fact, this is the missing piece to give the mobile site all the capabilities that the app has.

It's on the list of improvements we'd like to make, though integrating it with our version of vBulletin will be quite a task -- so at the moment I can't say how soon (or late) this is likely to be implemented.

There is no option to report a post while browsing TEAM-BHP on smartphone browsers. Many of us use mobile skin to browse through the forum and many a times we come across reportable posts. Switching to desktop view, reporting a post and switching back to normal view is quite hectic. A report button in normal mobile skin would be a great addition.

IMHO it will tremendously help in maintaining the quality of the forum. :)

Best regards
Aakarsh

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aakarsh (Post 4068152)
There is no option to report a post while browsing TEAM-BHP on smartphone browsers. Many of us use mobile skin to browse through the forum and many a times we come across reportable posts. Switching to desktop view, reporting a post and switching back to normal view is quite hectic. A report button in normal mobile skin would be a great addition.

IMHO it will tremendously help in maintaining the quality of the forum. :)

Best regards
Aakarsh

You can report a post on mobile skin by clicking on the triangle at the bottom left.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sherlocked (Post 4068157)
You can report a post on mobile skin by clicking on the triangle at the bottom left.

I apologize!

I pointed out this flaw because I don't see that triangle which you mentioned while browsing through the forum on my mobile phone. May be the issue is confined just to me.

Aakarsh

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aakarsh (Post 4068161)
I apologize!

I pointed out this flaw because I don't see that triangle which you mentioned while browsing through the forum on my mobile phone. May be the issue is confined just to me.

Aakarsh

Ohh, you can't even see the online or offline status button of a member.
Try using a different browser. Even I have a problem with logging in with Chrome on my Redmi 1s. As a result, have to use the ugly UC browser whenever I have to log in to Team BHP.
Mods, any solution please! Can't use this UC browser anymore!please:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aakarsh (Post 4068161)

Our Smartphone Skin adapts to the available screen real estate.

On smaller screens, you'll see all the essential stuff. On slightly larger screens, a few additional details will be thrown in (eg. Report Post, Online Indicator, etc).

To have these items show up on your smaller screen, all you need to do is rotate the phone into landscape mode :)

Try this on forum section pages too to see additional details.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sherlocked (Post 4068168)
Even I have a problem with logging in with Chrome on my Redmi 1s.

Could you try clearing all cache and cookies on your Chrome and let me know if that fixes it.

Also make sure you click the "Remember Me" checkbox when logging in...

I am not sure whether this is a right thread to post. I have a iPhone 6S and while accessing Team-Bhp website, I couldn't upload any more than 1 pic at a time for a post.

Did anyone face the same issue?