Team-BHP - Team-BHP's 2016 Facelift: A new mobile website
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Announcements (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/announcements/)
-   -   Team-BHP's 2016 Facelift: A new mobile website (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/announcements/182888-team-bhps-2016-facelift-new-mobile-website-2.html)

Is an overhaul coming to the mobile app as well?

Absolute surprise!! I double checked my address bar whether I have typed the correct url. :D

It looks cool. Quite easy to navigate too. Specially- check the attached screenshot. Previously, if I had to go to forum, i need to zoom in at the top of the screen and click. Now, it's way easier.

This looks amazing! Such a great surprise for us T-Bhpians!! I mostly used to use the ios app of T-BHP on my mobile for the convenience an app can offer, but now, I can finally switch to the much better and slick looking mobile version on my browser and easily navigate around! :)

Now I can gladly ditch the app. Much needed upgrade. Kudos to the team :)clap:

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTO (Post 4117491)
Team,

Absolutely thrilled to end 2016 on a high note by releasing our sexy new mobile website.

I always open the website when I boot my laptop in the office, and it stays opened almost throughout the day:D
Ironically, its on the weekends that I miss out on the action. I happened to open the website on my smartphone on Monday (was on leave:uncontrol) and saw the mobile version.
Its really improved and very convenient to browse through threads in this new avatar.
Thanks for the update!!!

Nice and intuitive design and the mobile website works very well on the iPhone. Thanks for this! It'll also be great to have the mobile app revamped to use this design.

Congrats to those who worked on it. The new mobile version works very well indeed! :thumbs up

I actually managed to get a sneak preview of the Team-BHP mobile version a couple of days back, probably when you were testing it. Maybe I should have grabbed a screenshot and posted in the spy-shot section!lol:

Great work by the design team. Wishing you guys a happy new year and safe driving.

Looks good.

Any plans of updating the app to the material design language for Android? The app is a little bland. Not to mention buggy as it crashes often/fails to load images.

The interface looks good and neat, so awesome work and kudos for that.

Infact the day before yesterday I did get a glimpse of it, but surprisingly on my laptop.
I opened the site and it opened this view on my laptop. I thought that maybe the website was being updated and it was under test.

But whenever I opened the website after that, I did get the regular one only.

A very beautiful design indeed.

I had thought of proposing the layout for homepage using bootstrap earlier but the idea got lost with busy routine.

I would surely like to get my hands on the scripts and codes behind the UI, if possible.

Excellent work team !! In one word - Beautiful.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ruchitya (Post 4117629)
Is an overhaul coming to the mobile app as well?

Quote:

Originally Posted by aviat18 (Post 4117664)
Now I can gladly ditch the app. Much needed upgrade. Kudos to the team :)clap:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Avikbrio (Post 4117777)
Looks good.

Any plans of updating the app to the material design language for Android? The app is a little bland. Not to mention buggy as it crashes often/fails to load images.

In all probability support to the app would be discontinued as the mobile website is very good and is much faster than the app in loading images etc.

Quote:

In all probability support to the app would be discontinued as the mobile website is very good and is much faster than the app in loading images etc.
IMO that is a bad idea. Apps are way better than opening the browser every time. Everybody is moving towards apps. Also you get much more options when using an app, which you don't get in the browser.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Avikbrio (Post 4117849)

IMO that is a bad idea. Apps are way better than opening the browser every time. Everybody is moving towards apps. Also you get much more options when using an app, which you don't get in the browser.

I agree with you. In fact I am still using the older app. I am more comfortable with it. I use the browser only when the thread is more photo intensive.

Looking fantastic on Firefox for Android! Surely raises the bar for mobile websites. Juggling between this and the app since last night. Can't let either go. Maybe because most like myself are very familiar with the app at this point of time.
Thanks team!