Team-BHP > Announcements

Search this Thread
Old 14th February 2017, 08:24   #16
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: On Team-BHP's 13th birthday, let's celebrate our independence

Thanks to GTO, the entire moderation team and the various contributors for making the site what it is today.

In an era when magazine reviews and online reviews seem to be getting shorter, TBHP's Official Reviews continue to impress with their depth and detail.

To me, TBHP is a go-to site not just for vehicles, but other information as well in the Shifting Gears forum, particularly information of an India-centric nature. The fact that the same quality of posts and information is in Shifting Gears as is in the vehicular forums makes it easier to get the information (and trust it).

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
What a sample 'sponsored content' request looks like:
Wow, that email is very mercenary - it doesn't mince any words!
arunphilip is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 14th February 2017, 08:29   #17
BHPian

Happy birthday to the entire BHPian fraternity.

Big shoutout to Anshuman, Aah78, Aditya, Ajmat, Akshay1234, Ampere, Bblost, Benbsb29, dZired, Eddy, FlyingSpur, GTO, Gannu_1, Jaggu, Karlosdeville, Khan_Sultan, Manson, Mobike008, Moralfibre, MPower, Navin, Noopster, Omkar, Rehaan, Rtech, Rudra Sen, Samurai, SDP, Suhaas307, Technocrat, TheMAG, TSK1979, Vid6639 and Zappo in particular and all the members in general, for their stupendous efforts in creating, maintaining and controlling the ethos and culture of Team BHP.

Cheers!

Last edited by nkghai : 14th February 2017 at 08:35.
nkghai is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 14th February 2017, 08:34   #18
Distinguished - BHPian

Happy 13th birthday Team Bhp .

Thank you GTO for sharing the details and that email. It just shows how things work out in today's scene and really appreciate Team BHP for being different. Team BHP is surely redlining / redefining the Indian automotive scene
Dr.Naren is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th February 2017, 08:57   #19
BHPian

Amazing. This is what makes Team-BHP one of the best automotive sites in the world.

I'll describe TBHP in 3 words. Morals. Principles. Neutrality.

In our times, business models give priority to money over consumers. I'll be honest, if someone gives me 50 lakhs to put an biased article for their product, I might just take it because it's too lucrative.

Maybe that's why I don't own a site like Team Bhp.

I wouldn't name any magazine but one the biggest British automotive media company which was known for it's brutally honest and neutral ex-host has a magazine in India which is nothing but trash. Ads after ads and sponsored article telling how a korean company makes the best cars in the segment.

And I used to subscribe to it until I chanced upon this site. And there's no looking back ever since.

Team BHP. Not just redlining, but revolutionalizing the Indian Automotive Scene!

Last edited by The Brutailer : 14th February 2017 at 09:26.
The Brutailer is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 14th February 2017, 09:08   #20
BHPian

Happy 13th Birthday to Team-BHP.

Thank you GTO and Whole support Team for Making such website that is sea of Automobile knowledge. 21 lakh readers it is the proud felling for me as i'm a part of this huge community.
N4Nikunj is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 14th February 2017, 09:15   #21
BHPian

Happy birthday Team-BHP . Thanks GTO and team for maintaining the forum at the most professional way. It's really hard to stay neutral in this world where media ethics no more exists and stories are always cooked up.

Last edited by GTO : 14th February 2017 at 14:15. Reason: small typo :)
speedgun is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th February 2017, 09:21   #22
BHPian

GTO,
Thanks again for sharing the Journey. Rather an Epic one!
I say that, as I got an opportunity to closely see how the marketing agencies/ marketing teams of OEM's play the game, and to what extent they can go to get their things done.

Let's JUST BE WHAT WE ARE at TEAM BHP!

Congratulations to all T-Bhpians for making and sustaining this place as the most truthful site of the experiences.

Very Proud to be and India and a T-Bhpian !

Happy Birthday!

Maverick79

Last edited by Maverick79 : 14th February 2017 at 09:24.
Maverick79 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th February 2017, 09:25   #23
BHPian

Great going team. In the close to 12 years I have been a member here, this philosophy is what makes me keep coming back to this site everyday, at this age of over-information.
MalluDude is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th February 2017, 09:48   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post

Happy 13th, Team-BHP! Let's show them how it's done.
A very happy segue into teenage years to all of us!

Great job GTO and mods on keeping the sanctity of the forums intact.

I was an active member of Audiworld and on relocating here and chancing upon TBHP, couldn't understand why the registration and moderation process was so rigorous. After leading marketing efforts in India and Asia for leading brands and receiving proposals for such "advertorials", I can relate.

Best wishes for many more!
BackInTheFold is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th February 2017, 09:56   #25
BHPian

A very happy Birthday to TeamBHP!!!

Special thanks to GTO, moderators and wonderful support team .Anshuman, Aah78, Aditya, Ajmat, Akshay1234, Ampere, Bblost, Benbsb29, dZired, Eddy, FlyingSpur, Gannu_1, Jaggu, Karlosdeville, Khan_Sultan, Manson, Mobike008, Moralfibre, MPower, Navin, Noopster, Omkar, Rehaan, Rtech, Rudra Sen, Samurai, SDP, Suhaas307, Technocrat, TheMAG, TSK1979, Vid6639 and Zappo for making Team-BHP what it is today-epitome of highest quality, standards &THE go-to website for all the automotive stuff.

Thanks to GTO for this post and enlightening about advertising policy!!! I guess everyone knew about the un-biased approach, but this is something extraordinary information. Kudos to have thought of this policy at very inception stage.

Let me share a thought, other day there was car ad(Zest) mentioning about COTY, India-Car etc by so many auto-punditz, I quickly looked for Team-BHP logo among all those logos and once I found Team-BHP logo "stamped" for that car, I moved to next page of the paper, didn't bother to see entire ad!

Once again thanks and feel privileged to be part of Team-BHP!!!

Last edited by novicefreak : 14th February 2017 at 10:01.
novicefreak is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 14th February 2017, 09:58   #26
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post

Surprised that nobody mentioned... today Team-BHP became a teenager.
Since teenage can be a rebellious time, is the moderator team having some discussions to step up the vigil on the forum by a couple of notches?
Rajeevraj is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 14th February 2017, 10:00   #27
Senior - BHPian

Happy 13th Birthday Team-BHP and here's to many many more. Thank you GTO, moderators and all team members for maintaining the quality and integrity of the content.

It gives me immense pride that I'm also a small part of this big family of crazy people who love their cars and bikes. My wish is that when we celebrate our 18th, we would be an established international brand, offering the same levels of integrity to the world audience.
samaspire is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 14th February 2017, 10:01   #28
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Happy 13th Birthday Team-BHP

Over a period, it's not uncommon to take one's Independence for granted and lose track of core values and principles, but Team-BHP has stuck to it and it shows in the quality and honesty of the unbiased content at a time when most media/social media sites have gone ultra-commercial with paid/sponsored content that is highly biased.

Thanks to GTO, all other Moderators and to all the members who really make this a great, big TEAM
NPV is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 14th February 2017, 10:44   #29
BHPian

Congrats, guys! This has been an awesome ride. And thanks and appreciation to the moderators for keeping this site clean and useful. Wishing many more years of success and fun.
Mad Max is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th February 2017, 10:49   #30
BHPian

I feel privileged, happy and elated to be part of this great forum. Wish Team Bhp a very happy birthday and many more great years in reviewing and revving.

Apart from work Team Bhp is the only place where I am, reading reviews, travelogues and some great stories of bringing dead cars alive. Any question on automobiles and I know there will be an answer in the forum. It has been a Bible to me for many years.

Kudos to the entire team for the vision, values and solidarity which helped to serve such detailed and unbiased reviews and positive criticisms for 13 years. When remaining unbiased and having no vested interest is almost impossible today, team bhp has set the right example in terms of automobile journalism.

I am sure our Nation wants to know more from this great forum for many many years in future.
livetodrive is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed